• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

henge0stone

Quote from: MV on April 23, 2016, 04:10:28 AM
"new posts" and "new replies" in the menu also accomplish that.  it's all in the menu.

Can I get extra fries from the menu?

Gruntled

Quote from: MV on April 23, 2016, 04:10:28 AM
"new posts" and "new replies" in the menu also accomplish that.  it's all in the menu.
Very handy.

Lilith

Quote from: Barfly on April 23, 2016, 12:57:31 AM
Hello strange people, been gone for a while.
Went to Seattle to the Lan Syndicate Lan party last weekend, was a blast!
I see Hoagie maybe leaving, that leaves Sandra the Queen of nothing (even though she didn't even start the thread) so i see nothing has changed.
One thing i miss and the real reason i come to this site is for the podcasts, in reality they are MUCH more entertaining than the shows on Dark Matter, unfortunately they seem to be dying out quickly, i cant blame the content creators since this so called "network" has been dead since day one.
I would hope that Jazz, MV, Curtis and others would continue just pod casting, it doesn't have to be about the show, the show has been dead for years, when i say years i actually mean YEARS..when Art came back the magic ended fast, he knew it, so did the die hard fans..its simple..its ALL BEEN SAID BEFORE, why rehash old shit that 100's of other pod casters are saying with the same guests, the magic days have been over for a long time.

Art did the correct thing retiring, he should have never come back, it  demeans his legacy, people are fickle, they want the same old Art and he IS the same Art, but even he knows you can only rehash the same shit for so many years.

99% of the guests on all these shows are rehashed BS, they want to sell ya a book or are just bat shit crazy like Hoagie and his Wife, while that is entertaining for a bit it gets old fast, anybody with brain cells more than a Paramecium knows its all ridiculous chatter, but Art made it entertaining..now 100's are doing the same thing with that same guests that go from one show to the next, Art back in the day had the same weird fuckers as well as REAL science people,we knew the difference but listened anyway to the bull shit stuff cus it entertained us, ART KNEW that , he ALWAYS knew that, and Art will say to this day that many of his repeat guests he knew where bat shit crazy.

Anyway im outta here for now, If you like great podcasts there are so many others to listen to that makes the cranium active a bit more than all this BS paranormal crap, its always been fun and some GREAT people here that i would
always consider friends if i met them in person...cept for ..well you know who you are.

Also i bought a 8 acre plot in Kentucky with a sweet farmhouse 3 weeks ago, retirement here i come!
And yes, it has good internet..so im told.
Going to build a 30X50 building restoring old Harley's, maybe some Indians also.
I take possession May 17th, will move permanently around October or Nov of this year.
I wish you all well, i will stop in every now and them perhaps.

So good to hear from you Barfly!  Don't be a stranger OK?   :-*

dan7800

I don't listen to Heather's show much any more (I'm still a TT), but I agree that the market is over saturated.

Last year, I kept saying that Art should come back for 2-3 shows a week, or even do weekends. I'd listen then.

I think Heather is doing fine, but I'm not sure the market is there.

I too hope Art doesn't come back, but I think the damage is done. I cannot even listen to his old shows anymore and have moved onto other podcasts.

Dyna-X

Hello strange people, been gone for a while.
Went to Seattle to the Lan Syndicate Lan party last weekend, was a blast!
I see Hoagie maybe leaving, that leaves Sandra the Queen of nothing (even though she didn't even start the thread) so i see nothing has changed.
One thing i miss and the real reason i come to this site is for the podcasts, in reality they are MUCH more entertaining than the shows on Dark Matter, unfortunately they seem to be dying out quickly, i cant blame the content creators since this so called "network" has been dead since day one.
I would hope that Jazz, MV, Curtis and others would continue just pod casting, it doesn't have to be about the show, the show has been dead for years, when i say years i actually mean YEARS..when Art came back the magic ended fast, he knew it, so did the die hard fans..its simple..its ALL BEEN SAID BEFORE, why rehash old shit that 100's of other pod casters are saying with the same guests, the magic days have been over for a long time.

Art did the correct thing retiring, he should have never come back, it  demeans his legacy, people are fickle, they want the same old Art and he IS the same Art, but even he knows you can only rehash the same shit for so many years.

99% of the guests on all these shows are rehashed BS, they want to sell ya a book or are just bat shit crazy like Hoagie and his Wife, while that is entertaining for a bit it gets old fast, anybody with brain cells more than a Paramecium knows its all ridiculous chatter, but Art made it entertaining..now 100's are doing the same thing with that same guests that go from one show to the next, Art back in the day had the same weird fuckers as well as REAL science people,we knew the difference but listened anyway to the bull shit stuff cus it entertained us, ART KNEW that , he ALWAYS knew that, and Art will say to this day that many of his repeat guests he knew where bat shit crazy.

Anyway im outta here for now, If you like great podcasts there are so many others to listen to that makes the cranium active a bit more than all this BS paranormal crap, its always been fun and some GREAT people here that i would
always consider friends if i met them in person...cept for ..well you know who you are.

Also i bought a 8 acre plot in Kentucky with a sweet farmhouse 3 weeks ago, retirement here i come!
And yes, it has good internet..so im told.
Going to build a 30X50 building restoring old Harley's, maybe some Indians also.
I take possession May 17th, will move permanently around October or Nov of this year.
I wish you all well, i will stop in every now and them perhaps.

Thanks and this is one of the most brilliant and wise posts I have seen lately and I wish you all the joy in the world on your farm and shop.  I'm wondering where to go next, such as joining a cat rescue or something that will be a positive experience that won't melt my brain.

The DMDN made a big mistake in branding itself as a "Paranormal Network."  One of the best shows on the network is Astronomy Cast and its the anti-paranormal!, lol.  Why not have shows on computers, motorcycles, pets, travel, etc? Why not a parallel music station? So much more was possible here and the network missed the boat.

Something can be said of keeping a low profile.  Make a list of those that have nothing to do with facebook and twitter, pinterest, etc.  and it reads like a Who's Who of Brilliant People.   

nathan

Was going to listen to last night's episode today (something interesting happens...sometimes?) but was it really just a Prince mourn fest? I respect the guy and his fans but was never a fan personally, and I loathe collective celebrity mourning.

73s

Quote from: nathan on April 23, 2016, 08:36:10 AM
Was going to listen to last night's episode today (something interesting happens...sometimes?) but was it really just a Prince mourn fest? I respect the guy and his fans but was never a fan personally, and I loathe collective celebrity mourning.

I found myself listening to this one mostly during my morning jog. (the one good thing about MITD is that it's on every night and sometimes I don't have another show to turn to). It was about 80-90% Prince-talk, so you've been forwarned  :-\

73s

...when Art came back the magic ended fast, he knew it, so did the die hard fans..its simple..its ALL BEEN SAID BEFORE, why rehash old shit that 100's of other pod casters are saying with the same guests, the magic days have been over for a long time.

Hi Barfly, I hope you do visit and post again, this was a good one.  I agree with you and I think Art probably just doesn't feel like it's fun and exciting anymore, not like it was. He has said the opposite in interviews but his behavior just doesn't jibe with him really enjoying it. Maybe one or two shows but not generally. I think whatever took place with the harassment at his compound just made it all that much less worth it for him.

QuoteArt did the correct thing retiring, he should have never come back, it  demeans his legacy, people are fickle, they want the same old Art and he IS the same Art, but even he knows you can only rehash the same shit for so many years.

Yep. I think he bit off too much, kind of like what I think Heather is doing going to 5 hours, IMHO. He would have been great 1-2x/week or as a once a week podcast with guests that really interested him. Let other hosts carry the load the rest of the week or whatever.

Quote... KNEW that , he ALWAYS knew that, and Art will say to this day that many of his repeat guests he knew where bat shit crazy.

Yes again, I've heard him say as much many times before in interviews or candid moments. But he wanted to keep as much of an open mind to it all as possible and balance the science with the woo-

Enjoy your retirement, sounds wonderful to me.  :D

Auslandia

Art went out on a low note for sure.  In about 10 or 20 years though people will forget about this and remember his high points more.

In a few months when Heather is in full melt down, Art is going to throw her under the bus which will salvage his reputation to his marks and everything will be forgotten.

Quote from: VoteQuimby on April 23, 2016, 09:50:13 AM
In a few months when Heather is in full melt down, Art is going to throw her under the bus which will salvage his reputation to his marks and everything will be forgotten.

The narrative has already been set up with Art's logic of "You don't dislike Heather, you're just upset because you don't have me." This show is going to be dead in the next few weeks. Heather will go into a psychological melt down when the money stops and no one is returning her calls. She's already using obsessed fans on twitter as emotional tampons and once she's done, she'll have no one to vent to. So this will probably eventually all wind up on BellGab in a few weeks after the show goes off the air. At which point Art will ride in, say some icy cold shit to her and will be loved for it. Heather will go off to wherever, probably some uber-safe space to never come out again due to a shattered psyche. Art will be loved by his marks again while all of this will rarely be spoken of except as a joke.

This isn't even going into what's going to happen with the Keith drama but that will be mainly kept quiet aside from a few shots from Art. Ones and zeroes, you know.

Bottom line?

It's going to be raining Tubmans in this bitch.

chefist

Quote from: VoteQuimby on April 23, 2016, 10:15:18 AM
The narrative has already been set up with Art's logic of "You don't dislike Heather, you're just upset because you don't have me." This show is going to be dead in the next few weeks. Heather will go into a psychological melt down when the money stops and no one is returning her calls. She's already using obsessed fans on twitter as emotional tampons and once she's done, she'll have no one to vent to. So this will probably eventually all wind up on BellGab in a few weeks after the show goes off the air. At which point Art will ride in, say some icy cold shit to her and will be loved for it. Heather will go off to wherever, probably some uber-safe space to never come out again due to a shattered psyche. Art will be loved by his marks again while all of this will rarely be spoken of except as a joke.

This isn't even going into what's going to happen with the Keith drama but that will be mainly kept quiet aside from a few shots from Art. Ones and zeroes, you know.

Bottom line?

It's going to be raining Tubmans in this bitch.

Are you saying if Heather leaves MITD, Art will come to BG and post something like, "I did everything I could for her. The show was growing in popularity. I feel she left too soon and needed to give it more time." or something like that?

Lilith

Quote from: chefist on April 23, 2016, 10:20:50 AM
Are you saying if Heather leaves MITD, Art will come to BG and post something like, "I did everything I could for her. The show was growing in popularity. I feel she left too soon and needed to give it more time." or something like that?

If Heather leaves, I think Art should do a GabCast with MV, and have Heather, Hoagie, Keith, Leo Ashcraft, Amy Martin and SaucyRossy all call in.

I probably shouldn't be saying what I think about this. But I think she goes into shock for a while, then pops on BellGab with some emotionally manipulative posts, I think she throws everything on BellGab, I think some of them will be negative or critical at Art, I think he rides in and bateman's her which will get a Austin stunning McMahon for the first time reaction on here.

This is all just my opinion based on nothing more than my perception of how people work and what we've witnessed up until this moment.

chefist

Quote from: VoteQuimby on April 23, 2016, 10:25:38 AM
I probably shouldn't be saying what I think about this. But I think she goes into shock for a while, then pops on BellGab with some emotionally manipulative posts, I think she throws everything on BellGab, I think some of them will be negative or critical at Art, I think he rides in and bateman's her which will get a Austin stunning McMahon for the first time reaction on here.

This is all just my opinion based on nothing more than my perception of how people work and what we've witnessed up until this moment.

After this past year, the one thing you can expect is the unexpected...that's for sure...

Yorkshire pud

C'mon, whatever the outcome AB will spin it so it's everyone but him. He needs (and in some quarters still gets) adoration without the need for him to reiprocate it..simple.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: brig on April 23, 2016, 10:23:56 AM
If Heather leaves, I think Art should do a GabCast with MV, and have Heather, Hoagie, Keith, Leo Ashcraft, Amy Martin and SaucyRossy all call in.

Why? To hear awkward silence?

73s

Quote from: VoteQuimby on April 23, 2016, 10:15:18 AM
The show is going to be dead in the next few weeks. Heather will go into a psychological melt down when the money stops and no one is returning her calls... So this will probably eventually all wind up on BellGab in a few weeks after the show goes off the air. At which point Art will ride in, say some icy cold shit to her and will be loved for it.

I can't decide what is going to happen. The show appears to be fading in terms of affiliates dropping, people's comments getting deleted, Facebook friend bannings, purported HW meltdowns. Art maintains that subs are rising, which seems counterintuitive. The overhead must be low and they can limp along for awhile. I could see her having a blowup of some sort and leaving. Or some change will happen and she will continue. But I guess it's hard to imagine it going on for years in its present state.

Art "riding in" doesn't seem likely since his behavior indicates he's not real inclined to do a show anymore. I wonder if he even can, physically if not mentally/emotionally, on a regular basis. To me it just seems like it's all headed toward a shutdown, whether in a few weeks or months, and that will be it. We'll be left with Art postings on here and Facebook once in awhile, maybe some more drone footage, etc. The future is with other podcasters and new talent I guess.

I do find the drama entertaining in a way although it is a guilty pleasure. I'm not wanting to pile on in some way and rip these people but I do find it all to be intriguing and weird and often times pretty hilarious.

Lilith

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on April 23, 2016, 10:28:22 AM
Why? To hear awkward silence?

I don't think the truth will ever come out without all of them in the same room, at the same time.  8)

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: brig on April 23, 2016, 10:31:48 AM
I don't think the truth will ever come out without all of them in the same room, at the same time.  8)

What makes you think it will if they are? And honestly; who really gives a fuck? Art Bell isn't on the air, Heather is getting better each day and the rest are incidental.

Lilith

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on April 23, 2016, 10:37:45 AM
What makes you think it will if they are?

Well, if it doesn't happen, then we'll never know if it would have or not.

Edited to add:  You are probably right tho, I think I remember somebody saying something about "disclosure agreements".  I could be wrong.

trostol

the true story will never come out..cause it will make people look bad and Art won't sue that cause he will be part of the looking bad part

most likely Bellgab will be blamed for not supporting someone who was "one of us" when if he paid attention..we are far less the evil of others out there...all the FB posters do on both his and her page is give mindless adoration which does nothing to help someone get better..and others are far more vile..but as always..only a few long gone "trolls" will be those that are seen to speak for all of us here

Kolchak

The current station list on the web site has 13 terrestrial affiliates and one shortwave station. And I'm not even sure if that's even up to date. What was the show at when Art was on?

Robert

Quote from: 73s on April 23, 2016, 10:30:14 AMArt maintains that subs are rising
On net?  Or just new subscriptions?  I imagine there'd be a good deal of "churn", and if you ignored one side of the balance it could look like spectacular growth, whether actual or not.

trostol

Quote from: Kolchak on April 23, 2016, 01:03:57 PM
The current station list on the web site has 13 terrestrial affiliates and one shortwave station. And I'm not even sure if that's even up to date. What was the show at when Art was on?

pretty sure it is not..cause if you actually go to some of those stations..the show isn't even listed

Kolchak

Quote from: trostol on April 23, 2016, 04:57:55 PM
pretty sure it is not..cause if you actually go to some of those stations..the show isn't even listed

Just went down the line looking at web sites for these stations. Most of them look like Geocities quality, and some still list Art Bell as host.

Dyna-X

The DMDN page is down to a domain name registration display (namecheap)...very odd. Shows are still playing on Tune In.

trostol

Quote from: Dyna-X on April 23, 2016, 07:27:03 PM
The DMDN page is down to a domain name registration display (namecheap)...very odd. Shows are still playing on Tune In.

strange indeed

Quote from: Dyna-X on April 23, 2016, 07:27:03 PM

http://darkmatterdigitalnetwork.com/ is still up for me?