• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

TigerLily

Homeopathy has gone through stringent scientific research in hospitals in Germany

Quote from: spookcat on June 13, 2018, 10:52:46 PM
This is reminding me of a book I wanted to read, but I can't friggin remember the name of it... It was about a case in Asia, I think China, where there was a sick dying boy. There was a debate about whether Modern western medicine or traditional medicine or prayer was the way to go. If I remember right, the boy died because they wouldn't let the parents allow modern medicine to interfere.

https://www.nytimes.com/2006/03/31/health/31pray.html

Anecdotal proof is not real proof. Nuff said. Clown science.
Quote from: TigerLily on June 13, 2018, 10:56:57 PM
Homeopathy has gone through stringent scientific research in hospitals in Germany

Belles

I keep trying to figure out this Angioprim guys accent.  Tennessee maybe?

Rocketeer

This is reminding me of a book I wanted to read, but I can't friggin remember the name of it... It was about a case in Asia, I think China, where there was a sick dying boy. There was a debate about whether Modern western medicine or traditional medicine or prayer was the way to go. If I remember right, the boy died because they wouldn't let the parents allow modern medicine to interfere.

Don't know the specific case but it's a tragic reality for many faith-encumbered families.  I've seen it too often (even lost someone to such indulgent self-abnegation).  Credulity's here to stay.

Quote from: PetePistolwhip on June 13, 2018, 10:57:08 PM
https://www.nytimes.com/2006/03/31/health/31pray.html
\Neither does wiccan spels or candle burning,, just ask Heater Wad and see if Art  came down off of the ceiling.

Spookcat

Quote from: Rocketeer on June 13, 2018, 10:59:31 PM
Don't know the specific case but it's a tragic reality for many faith-encumbered families.  I've seen it too often (even lost someone to such indulgent self-abnegation).  Credulity's here to stay.

It's been bugging me for over a half an hour. I'll find it. I'm determined.

Belles

What about D.O.s----Doctor of Osteopathy

albrecht

Quote from: TigerLily on June 13, 2018, 10:56:57 PM

As I recall the idea summed up "hair of the dog that bit ya" but in Deutsch. Only homeopathy I see in theory is after drinking all night of schnapps, or worse dopplekorn, is that morning beer will help.

Rocketeer

Quote from: spookcat on June 13, 2018, 11:01:00 PM
It's been bugging me for over a half an hour. I'll find it. I'm determined.

Few objectives do not yield to persistence and determination.  I believe in you, spookcat.

Sometimes faith is more than-just believing, sometimes you have to take what God has offered you whether in prayer or modern medicine because man did not invent anything that God did not want him to invent.

Ghost

Dave, people just need to stop eating sugar, dairy, wheat. Healthy food is better than a drug to the body. Check out Whole30 diet.

Sorry Bart El, your desserts aren’t on my diet. :(

Rocketeer

Quote from: Jinger Rat Snapps on June 13, 2018, 11:05:21 PM
Sometimes faith is more than-just believing, sometimes you have to take what God has offered you whether in prayer or modern medicine because man did not invent anything that God did not want him to invent.

Which god?

Coming to a Clear Channel radio station near you:
"Now there's High Definition Homeopathy"

Rocketeer

Quote from: Ghost on June 13, 2018, 11:05:32 PM
Dave, people just need to stop eating sugar, dairy, wheat. Healthy food is better than a drug to the body. Check out Whole30 diet.

Sorry Bart El, your desserts aren’t on my diet. :(

Moderation made trickier with immoderate ingredients.

Agree fully, Ghost.

Aquarius

Quote from: Sumthins Goin On on June 13, 2018, 10:58:45 PM
Anecdotal proof is not real proof. Nuff said. Clown science.
The years of research, including in hospitals, in Germany is anything but clown science. I suggest you do some serious research into it before you dismiss it, it's only the scientific way to rule in/rule out conclusions based on EVIDENCE. <g> They are way ahead of us in many new research areas of health and healing, and are very serious about documenting what they're doing.

Savage

Quote from: albrecht on June 13, 2018, 11:04:01 PM

As I recall the idea summed up "hair of the dog that bit ya" but in Deutsch. Only homeopathy I see in theory is after drinking all night of schnapps, or worse dopplekorn, is that morning beer will help.

And it better be Hefeweizen!
[attachment=1]

Quote from: Rocketeer on June 13, 2018, 11:06:09 PM
Which god?
Which ever God yo believe in or maybe the Flying spaghetti Monster, what ever floats your boat, I am a Quaker so it just doesn't matter to me.

Rocketeer

Quote from: Aquarius on June 13, 2018, 11:08:11 PM
The years of research, including in hospitals, in Germany is anything but clown science. I suggest you do some serious research into it before you dismiss it, it's only the scientific way to rule in/rule out conclusions based on EVIDENCE. <g> They are way ahead of us in many new research areas of health and healing, and are very serious about documenting what they're doing.

"Germany" is a neat authenticating buzzword to sugarcoat empty nonsense.  Geography doesn't upgrade data.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Jinger Rat Snapps on June 13, 2018, 11:09:31 PM
Which ever God yo believe in or maybe the Flying spaghetti Monster, what ever floats your boat, I am a Quaker so it just doesn't matter to me.

You guys believe in oatmeal, right?

Rocketeer

Quote from: Jinger Rat Snapps on June 13, 2018, 11:09:31 PM

Petsuchos, for me, then.

Society of Friends, some of the best K-12 schools ever.

Quote from: Sumthins Goin On on June 13, 2018, 11:09:47 PM
Show me PROOF.
You wouldn't know proof if it slapped you in the face.

Savage

Get the good doctor on a debate with my friends Dave Gorski or Ben Radford, they'd love to talk to him.

Sean92008

Quote from: 14 on June 13, 2018, 12:38:53 AM
I'm not saying it's you at all, but just in general when I read this thread, I've noticed she gets very little constructive criticism.  Lots of put-downs, but not as many specifics.  She'd had to read a lot of crap just to glean a couple things.
Wow...  No level of constructive criticism, even with love, works for somebody who is a mentally-challenged/narcissist like Heather Wade. She was extremely rude when given really sound advice. You might not be aware of the number of genuinely concerned and caring individuals who offered her assistance yet she turned it down with extreme negativity. She was blatantly rude repeatedly. She deleted many (if not all) of those posts over time, probably under the advice of others.

And Now for Something Completely Different:

I do propose that we set up a GoFundMe for Chefist / Ben. 
He needs more gooder communications connections. Whether it is his Wi-Fi or a voice line, it sounds like he's in the backwoods of Appalachia, or Ethiopia.

PS.  The fallacy of solar is ignored.  The carbon and toxic footprint is amazingly large and ugly.  More efficient living and unplugging shit like cell phone chargers would be a start.

Wasteful behaviors use more energy than what is recovered from solar in the US. Solar 12 hours a day, waste is 24/7.  Buildings using managed air flow, government offices turning lights and A/C off when not in use, etc., would save enormous amounts of energy daily. There's a disconnect between what could be done to conserve and what is done to compensate...  An ounce of prevention, a pound of cure...

Modern nuclear is far beyond our antiquated nuclear power of 3 MI days.  It's still killed less than the other sources of power generation.

Sometimes, unintended consequences arise.  The anti-nuke stand has generated billions, trillions, (probably giga or teratonnes) of additional pollution that wouldn't have been generated otherwise.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Rocketeer on June 13, 2018, 11:09:40 PM
"Germany" is a neat authenticating buzzword to sugarcoat empty nonsense.  Geography doesn't upgrade data.

But Freud, Einstein, etc. Come on! :D

Quote from: Rocketeer on June 13, 2018, 11:10:55 PM
Petsuchos, for me, then.

Society of Friends, some of the best K-12 schools ever.
haha, nice try

Ghost

Quote from: Rocketeer on June 13, 2018, 11:07:51 PM
Moderation made trickier with immoderate ingredients.

Agree fully, Ghost.

Running 5 miles a day, couldn’t do that when I ate junk food.  8)

Eh Hem...      Dave ?

Just dropping in to give you a pointer
Frequency healing is nothing new.
The great Nikola.Tesla. even invented a machine that he himself used.
Some devices and people to look into
MWO
Dr.Raymond Royal Rife - specifically targeted disease, especially cancer.
Nikola Tesla - The 'KING' of frequency

Even Einstein knew the truth.   

More info here:  http://altered-states.net/barry/newsletter208/