• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Doomed

Quote from: aldousburbank on May 27, 2018, 10:32:43 PM
Tomorrow this thread surpasses the Art Bell thread.
Well, to be fair, he is dead.

Asuka Langley

Quote from: BettyO417 on May 27, 2018, 10:46:46 PM
A year or two ago some of the cars from the Houston floods and prior to that Baton Rouge LA floods were trying to get hawked here. Our local news is pretty up on reporting when these flood salvage cars are brought to the area.
For salt accumulation, you can tell the build up from that crusty crap. Most of all, don’t buy a car that has the paint breaking down!
First things first,  check to see if there’s water flood lines around the firewalls or have a mechanic help out and check out the V.I.N with a legit reporting agency!
Hope that wasn’t a bad experience for you Kizuna AI.....

I am referring to the rust belt in general and what road salt does to cars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkbaVm6XI3Q

WOTR

Quote from: Bluejay on May 27, 2018, 09:24:40 PM

I have seen operators of modern hydraulic shovels accidentally swing too far and hit the canopy on a haul truck.  I have a tough time believing that the buggy driver would stand in front of a ton of moving dirt on a cable operated steam shovel!  I would "duck" like a chicken.  Brave soul.

Ghost Nutter

Merry merry..bellgab Christmas!

Sean92008

Quote from: WOTR on May 27, 2018, 11:00:41 PM
I have seen operators of modern hydraulic shovels accidentally swing too far and hit the canopy on a haul truck.  I have a tough time believing that the buggy driver would stand in front of a ton of moving dirt on a cable operated steam shovel!  I would "duck" like a chicken.  Brave soul.
Average IQs back in the day were undoubtedly much lower.  Lead poisoning much more commonplace. 

Sean92008

Quote from: BettyO417 on May 27, 2018, 09:34:15 PM
For some reason that sounds about right! 😁  Come on to the Midwest and check some cars out!

While looking for "investment opportunities," I saw this...  Never noticed an Interceptor before...

https://offerup.co/yC6wOOWlhN

Jocko Johnson

A couple, three days ago or so, someone stated that in a couple of days they would have some earth changing news about which the subject we discuss here. I have been "out of pocket" since then. Has this news broke yet? If so where can I find it...if not, wassup!?!

Dyna-X

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 27, 2018, 10:35:10 PM
To be fair, Art’s nightly show threads from MITD were not merged in to Art’s thread.
Those were typically about 20 to 30 pages each X 100 shows, so about 2,000 -3,000 pages to go. Add in the Dark Matter shows - 26, each with about 30 pages - would nearly need to double this thread. 

MITD w/HW's shows proper -  2200 pages from about 600 shows - average 3.6 pages a night (and many nights with no commentary at all in the last 2 years)

Jocko Johnson

Quote from: Sean92008 on May 27, 2018, 11:22:03 PM
While looking for "investment opportunities," I saw this...  Never noticed an Interceptor before...

https://offerup.co/yC6wOOWlhN
Well if you are an auto mechanic and have time and great luck...give it a shot. Make sure u ck them out. I used to drive these cars in NYC...they didn't go home with the officer. So they ran as each shift came on duty. 24-7/365. In all weather conditions, salt and snow, damp seawater for rust etc. At 50 to 60k miles they were pretty much shot. This veh looks like a Callie pd. Most likely the Hiway Patrol because of the push bar. That has 199k mile!!! Those Fords sux and do not go much longer life span ovet 100 to 150k miles+ unless they are well cared for, most depts haven't the time or money to do it. Furthermore most depts when they get really beat up or near "death" or ready to be "condemned" as we used to say in the NYPD they were assigned to motor tranport and were used as spairs until they cost to much to fix.
So my advice is if it is a large dept try to get a detective or supervisors car as they shouldn't be as beat up. And try to buy from a dept who let's their officers take the cars home as they tend to be more responsible and take much better care of it.
My partner and I where assigned the same car each night and unless you can have the other two teams be regular partners and you each try to do things to care for it, it would last longer, because u would take care of it and the other shifts may not give a crap. They still had to speed down city blocks from 0 to 50, 60 hit the brakes at the corner, intersection, stop sign or light...
clear it then get to top speed again until u get to where u are going. So they are mostly beat all to hell, sent to the bandaid garage were minimum was done to "patch" the problem so it gets back on the road ASAP as cheap as possible and big problems are not fixed till it has to be...and it's rebuilt lowest bid cheapest parts. Best bet is the newer Chevy Caprice made in Australia, on the d Pontiac frames, very good car, an Impala or Dodge Charger most I think are made in Canada and are soild fast cars. My favorite car and I drove 1977 Dodge Satellite's to 2014 Dodge Chargers and between was the 1983 to '85 Chrysler V-8 Gran Fury III, with the big fat 1st Goodyear Blue Streak Radials made just for police cars then developed into the great Goodyear Eagle GT's quick, fast stopped on a dime. But they wore quick! I Like the squared late 1980's large Chevy Impalas which werr fast as hell, but didn't have real good control on the turns and slow to get up to speed. The 1990's Impala rounded "whale boats" fast comfortable but were all over the road. Fords...Found On Road Dead. Crap that didn't last.
Good luck...let me know how you do.

Jocko Johnson

So what's the word, is our gal HW gonna make it on the air on the 28, Monday tonite? Or like I said did she mean the 28th of June, 28th of July or the 28th of NEVER???

Sean92008

Quote from: Jocko Johnson on May 28, 2018, 01:50:53 AM
Well if you are an auto mechanic and have time and great luck...give it a shot.
Sorry, I wasn't looking for a car. That was the first time I've ever seen a police cruiser for sale on that particular app. I just thought the timing is rather... Coincidental.

Your insight is what I'm more familiar with, lowest bidder repairs the car...  Yeah.

I think Betty is in a very different part of the country...  Sounds like they got a deal and a half on their Interceptor.

I look for musical instruments that I can repair/restore/modify so kids will have a decent instrument at low to no cost AND is appealing/inspiring to play.

Sean92008

Quote from: Jocko Johnson on May 28, 2018, 01:03:44 AM
A couple, three days ago or so, someone stated that in a couple of days they would have some earth changing news about which the subject we discuss here. I have been "out of pocket" since then. Has this news broke yet? If so where can I find it...if not, wassup!?!
That was PaulK.

I haven't seen any posts from that user's name in a few...

Signed up 5/18 and posted over  4 days 4 hours and 10 minutes.  Stopped posting 5/22.

The name was probably culled from Vincent Pontius' interview, he mentioned a friend named Paul.

Knew a lot of the nomenclature of BellGab. Either a setup or a new-identity troll.

Quote from: PaulK on May 21, 2018, 11:30:13 PM
I will have very dramatic and shocking news about Heather Wade in 2 or 3 days to announce.
Just working on few details with couple of sources.
If it's true, she is going down.

Quote from: PaulK on May 21, 2018, 11:46:03 PM
Just tell you this for now.
Art's suicide the note he left and Heather are connected.

Friday

Quote from: Jocko Johnson on May 28, 2018, 01:03:44 AM

Sean92008

Quote from: Dyna-X on May 28, 2018, 01:29:14 AM
Those were typically about 20 to 30 pages each X 100 shows, so about 2,000 -3,000 pages to go. Add in the Dark Matter shows - 26, each with about 30 pages - would nearly need to double this thread. 

MITD w/HW's shows proper -  2200 pages from about 600 shows - average 3.6 pages a night (and many nights with no commentary at all in the last 2 years)
In other words, Heather did not engage her network of listeners here...  People who pretty much follow the genre.

Keith must be so relieved.

Dyna-X

Quote from: Sean92008 on May 28, 2018, 02:38:42 AM
In other words, Heather did not engage her network of listeners here...  People who pretty much follow the genre.

Keith must be so relieved.
She was (Redacted) here for a couple years and quite active.  Shortly after she started on the MITD show she stopped posting. A couple callers greeted her as Redacted and she was very nervous about that. In her latest official on-air stories of how she met Art, she does not mention Bellgab at all - kind of like she wrote us all out of the picture like a retouched Soviet photo.

DynamoHum

Quote from: Dyna-X on May 28, 2018, 02:52:40 AM
She was (Redacted) here for a couple years and quite active.  Shortly after she started on the MITD show she stopped posting. A couple callers greeted her as Redacted and she was very nervous about that. In her latest official on-air stories of how she met Art, she does not mention Bellgab at all - kind of like she wrote us all out of the picture like a retouched Soviet photo.

The internet never forgets, but she is doing a good job at brainwashing. I think when tonight's show goes south then she will have run out of avenues to run down.

We live in interesting times for sure.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: chefist on May 27, 2018, 08:00:33 PM
I have a 2007 Merq Marquis...love it.

I had one back in the mid-to-late 90’s. The nicest car I had til my husband and I could buy new. I felt safe in it. My dad was a mechanic and bought it off some old lady he fixed a car for.

Rix Gins

Quote from: Sean92008 on May 28, 2018, 02:13:59 AM
That was PaulK.

I haven't seen any posts from that user's name in a few...

Signed up 5/18 and posted over  4 days 4 hours and 10 minutes.  Stopped posting 5/22.

The name was probably culled from Vincent Pontius' interview, he mentioned a friend named Paul.

Knew a lot of the nomenclature of BellGab. Either a setup or a new-identity troll.

Very similar style of posting to a certain someone.  Paul started out relatively innocently and then grew increasingly outrageous in his posts.  He was an around the clock poster too, just like that certain someone.

GravitySucks

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 28, 2018, 04:12:01 AM
I had one back in the mid-to-late 90’s. The nicest car I had til my husband and I could buy new. I felt safe in it. My dad was a mechanic and bought it off some old lady he fixed a car for.

How did you buy a 2007 Mercury in the 90’s???

timebandit

tonight we reach the 'End of the Rainbow'..
#PotOfGoldShow
#WorthTheWait

#HeatherArmy

bellNwhistle

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 28, 2018, 04:24:10 AM
How did you buy a 2007 Mercury in the 90’s???

::)

Too early.  :P  You should try to get some sleep(?)

DynamoHum

Maybe we should have a Predictions of whats going to happen tonight then we can have some ding dings

Apart from

#Nothing

Which doesn't count.

I predict last minute bail out with vaguely technical bullshit reason.

bellNwhistle

There’s been very little hyping of tonight’s show, that I’m aware of. Of course I’m not in her Jim Jones-esque FB group.

DynamoHum

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 28, 2018, 04:44:08 AM
There’s been very little hyping of tonight’s show, that I’m aware of. Of course I’m not in her Jim Jones-esque FB group.

I would have expected more excited slurrings from Vara to be sure.

timebandit

no..it's better!..
#TheReturnOfHeather

#HeatherArmy

GravitySucks

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 28, 2018, 04:44:08 AM

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2018/05/26/redacted-arrested-for-redacted-outside-redacted-leeds-crown-court-issues-media-ban/