• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

DaveSchrader

Supernatural News & Parashare Today on BEYOND the DARKNESS with Dave Schrader and Tim Dennis
Listen Free --> http://bit.ly/2GQZNbL

They Saved Hitler's Skull, a Demon Doll, the Science of Sea Creatures, Curses and Mysteries abound this week.

Sean92008

Tim seems much more comfortable today compared to Karen's interview.

One thing missing, he hasn't gone back to announce who he's talking to.

I missed the very beginning.

Asuka Langley

Idling is rough on a engine but i know a guy who used to buy nothing but retired police Crown Vic's and he loved them and swears by them. He drove them like he stole them and for the abuse he put them though they lasted a good long while and generally paid about 2K for one. Fuel additives are a gimmick gasoline ass all the additives to need already in it. And most police cars i have ever seen are serviced at a dealer and they use the same filters they use on everything else. I wouldn't buy a ex police car though but they are not as bad as people think they are.

Sean92008

Quote from: Kizuna Ai on May 26, 2018, 08:13:23 PM
Idling is rough on a engine but i know a guy who used to buy nothing but retired police Crown Vic's and he loved them and swears by them. He drove them like he stole them and for the abuse he put them though they lasted a good long while and generally paid about 2K for one. Fuel additives are a gimmick gasoline ass all the additives to need already in it. And most police cars i have ever seen are serviced at a dealer and they use the same filters they use on everything else. I wouldn't buy a ex police car though but they are not as bad as people think they are.

Like Ellwood Blues said, "cop engine, cop suspension, cop brakes..."

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Mr Apnea on May 26, 2018, 07:43:36 PM
Maintenance is usually performed by their own people at a minimum.  Consider the car runs for ~ 8 hours each day with a lot of idling (most cops never turn their cars off unless its for lunch or something greater than 30 mins).  Unless a person is stuck in the "Blues Brothers" movie, I'd stay clear.  See many cops buying retired or auctioned cars - Nope!

The various UK police forces sell their cast offs too. I was told by an old cop friend that they changed the oil every week. The tyres after 3000 miles and if it's rear wheel drive the diffs take a hammering too. I once saw a 'Ex police car' Volvo T5 V70 for sale, only had 110000 miles BUT had had a new engine at 48000 and no doubt ready for another.  :(

Sean92008

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on May 26, 2018, 08:24:25 PM

The various UK police forces sell their cast offs too. I was told by an old cop friend that they changed the oil every week. The tyres after 3000 miles and if it's rear wheel drive the diffs take a hammering too. I once saw a 'Ex police car' Volvo T5 V70 for sale, only had 110000 miles BUT had had a new engine at 48000 and no doubt ready for another.  :(
The police cars there are not domestically made?  Or does Volvo have a plant in the UK?

I am presuming it is strictly for PR purposes, but I rarely see any non domestic brands for any police vehicle... The exceptions where that I saw a BMW motorcycle for one small cities police force and an American-made Subaru for lifeguards because the four-wheel drive is great on the sand.

Spookcat

Quote from: DaveSchrader on May 26, 2018, 08:10:48 PM
Supernatural News & Parashare Today on BEYOND the DARKNESS with Dave Schrader and Tim Dennis

They Saved Hitler's Skull, a Demon Doll, the Science of Sea Creatures, Curses and Mysteries abound this week.

Kill that doll with fire.

Dyna-X

Quote from: Kizuna Ai on May 26, 2018, 08:13:23 PM
My Dad had one for a couple years and sold it only because he got tired of everyone driving slow and paranoid around him since they presumed he had an unmarked car  ;D

Asuka Langley

Someone once told me that AWD Volvos used a dana 35 rear and a dana 30 front diff, for a car with small tires on it that is plenty stout. Crown Vic's use a Ford 8.8" with beefy axle shafts and a bigger ring gear and bigger axle tubes you cant really fuck them up unless you run it without gear oil.

chefist

Quote from: Kizuna Ai on May 26, 2018, 08:37:02 PM
Someone once told me that AWD Volvos used a dana 35 rear and a dana 30 front diff, for a car with small tires on it that is plenty stout. Crown Vic's use a Ford 8.8" with beefy axle shafts and a bigger ring gear and bigger axle tubes you cant really fuck them up unless you run it without gear oil.

I have a 2007 Merq Grand Marquis...you are correct.

albrecht

Quote from: Dyna-X on May 26, 2018, 08:34:52 PM
My Dad had one for a couple years and sold it only because he got tired of everyone driving slow and paranoid around him since they presumed he had an unmarked car  ;D
Friend of mine had an old Ford his dad got at a police auction in HS and some of college. It was fun to pull into parties using the side light. Then the "joke" started getting old. One time he got into a fight over it.

Asuka Langley

Quote from: chefist on May 26, 2018, 08:39:50 PM
I have a 2007 Merq Grand Marquis...you are correct.

A friend of mine has a drag truck with a turbocharged GM 6 liter L96 and turboglide trans. He was originally going to run a 10 bolt rear end in it and i laughed at him for even thinking about it. He ended up narrowing a 8.8" out of a ford explorer and running 35 spline axle shafts with a spool, so far so good and hes running street legal drag radials.

Dyna-X

Quote from: albrecht on May 26, 2018, 08:40:46 PM
Friend of mine had an old Ford his dad got at a police auction in HS and some of college. It was fun to pull into parties using the side light. Then the "joke" started getting old. One time he got into a fight over it.
I still get paranoid when I see the familiar outlines even when I know I am 100% legal. If a cop wants to pull you over bad enough they will just make up a reason and will win 99% of the time. Maybe the friends' friend had PTSD from these experiences.

DaveSchrader

This is why I don't do we came during the show.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1119826198082107&id=166090760122327
Don't nobody wanna see that.

DS

Sean92008

Quote from: DaveSchrader on May 26, 2018, 08:10:48 PM

You're working on the George Noory theory of saturation. 

Uh, Boy Noory?

Nah, Mr. Winnie, it stays...  For now.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Sean92008 on May 26, 2018, 08:28:57 PM
The police cars there are not domestically made?  Or does Volvo have a plant in the UK?

I am presuming it is strictly for PR purposes, but I rarely see any non domestic brands for any police vehicle... The exceptions where that I saw a BMW motorcycle for one small cities police force and an American-made Subaru for lifeguards because the four-wheel drive is great on the sand.

Many years ago the government stipulated that UK police forces had to buy UK made cars. Now in the 60s they had Mk2 Jags for pursuit (Mainly because it was the getaway car of choice for bank robbers), and small Ford Anglias and Minis for small stuff.. Before the Jags they used Austin Westminsters that had Rolls Royce engines in them.. However, the British car industry became crapper than a crap thing. And the police were still compelled to buy British built cars...and complained, a lot.  They bought Jags still, but they were shit...The Rover SD1 (3500 cc V8 based on I think a Chevy block (Could have been Buick)  and Ford Granada 2800 V6s, both tuned up both got a hammering... Then the policy changed and the police were allowed to throw out tenders to whoever wanted to bid (BMW, Volvo,Saab,etc)... They even had some seriously hot stuff, Mitsubishi Evolution were used, Volvo T5 V70s. But they also have helicopters and frankly they will keep up and locate on target a stolen car.. Then of course bikes...CBR 900s, Suzuki Hayabusis, BMWs.. All with live video feed, and all with class one riders on board... ;)

Mr Apnea

Quote from: Kizuna Ai on May 26, 2018, 08:37:02 PM

Those old Crown Vics go way back.  We got a couple of those in high school to work on way back when.  Back before oil could handle them.

ge30542

Heather is telling people that she had no desire to seduce Art Bell.
It was Art who said to Heather "you'll be a great talk show host if you let me inject you with my radio ju-ju".
I wonder if she got enough "radio ju-ju" in her before Art offed himself.

Dyna-X

Quote from: DaveSchrader on May 26, 2018, 08:51:58 PM
This is why I don't do we came during the show.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1119826198082107&id=166090760122327
Don't nobody wanna see that.

DS
Electrovoice RE20 microphone confirmed as well :) Couldn't watch it as I don't have fb, so you lucked out.

Quote from: Bart Ell on May 26, 2018, 06:33:15 PM
Is this guy really on Facebook insulting a woman and calling her disgusting?
This guy?

those meth bangs.

albrecht

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on May 26, 2018, 09:02:13 PM

Many years ago the government stipulated that UK police forces had to buy UK made cars. Now in the 60s they had Mk2 Jags for pursuit (Mainly because it was the getaway car of choice for bank robbers), and small Ford Anglias and Minis for small stuff.. Before the Jags they used Austin Westminsters that had Rolls Royce engines in them.. However, the British car industry became crapper than a crap thing. And the police were still compelled to buy British built cars...and complained, a lot.  They bought Jags still, but they were shit...The Rover SD1 (3500 cc V8 based on I think a Chevy block (Could have been Buick)  and Ford Granada 2800 V6s, both tuned up both got a hammering... Then the policy changed and the police were allowed to throw out tenders to whoever wanted to bid (BMW, Volvo,Saab,etc)... They even had some seriously hot stuff, Mitsubishi Evolution were used, Volvo T5 V70s. But they also have helicopters and frankly they will keep up and locate on target a stolen car.. Then of course bikes...CBR 900s, Suzuki Hayabusis, BMWs.. All with live video feed, and all with class one riders on board... ;)
Was the change due to fiscal or quality concerns or due to some EC ruling or something about competition and protectionism in the EC or EU markets? It is interesting since in most "developed" countries the police etc buy domestically even though I don't think it is "official" law and/or even if car, parts, etc might be made, or imported from, elsewhere.

Sean92008

I forgot about this.  For those who haven't heard Airyn's voice...

https://youtu.be/yc7-VnsYFts

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on May 26, 2018, 09:02:13 PM
Many years ago the government stipulated that UK police forces had to buy UK made cars.
What was Gene Hunt driving?

Aquarius

Quote from: timebandit on May 26, 2018, 08:13:01 AM
all systems are go

Hi, trying to catch up from last night before I turn in early for a change. Pouring here, will do so for a few more days. Oh well, good sleeping weather.

So: am I to understand HW's show will be Tuesday through Saturday as this schedule shows? Anyone hear rumors the name may be changing? Just wondering... after all, Art didn't do Tuesday through Saturdays, so maybe this isn't Art's exact "legacy" any longer???  :P