• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

albrecht

Quote from: painter17 on May 25, 2018, 11:31:02 PM
No kidding! I lived in LA  (Silver Lake) right near downtown and took my dog for a walk and a pack of coyotes came creeping out of a parking lot . NO FEAR AT ALL... there was about eight of them...I have a pug, I just handed the dog to my GF and then charged at them.... then they ran.
but it was creepy, they slowly walked up as we stood there.  There was definitely a leader.... they did not back down until I just ran straight at them screaming like a weirdo

The mixing is dangerous. But even pure coyote has adopted/learned well to adapt (foxes have also but they not 'pack'.) Some places coyotes have learned to lure pet dogs out. "Hey, let's play, we're both dogs" and then pack attacks I've heard. Then again some dogs know those "other dogs" are bad and still have instict/training to kill them. Legal in some places for sport but for herd protection legal most everywhere.

popple

Dave can do some great sound effects, but can he do a choo-choo train?

Mr Apnea

Quote from: Chismes on May 25, 2018, 11:39:43 PM

Dave got rid of him, if it's the same creepy guest.

Heater will have him on next week.

TigerLily

lol. Dave does great sound effects

DANIEL!

Quote from: Chismes on May 25, 2018, 11:39:43 PM

Dave got rid of him, if it's the same creepy guest.

#Thank you
#it's a woman now with a pleasant voice
#that guy was weird
#probably psycho

Dyna-X

I feel bad that I don't know which forest preserve, the main one I knew of was the Ned Brown Forest Preserve in Elk Grove.

painter17

Quote from: kidshare on May 25, 2018, 11:35:16 PM
When I lived in the San Diego mountains (Boulevard, to be exact) I heard this coyote yapping at me, yap yap yap, that high-pitched yap, I look up, it has a coyote head, coyote tail, and solid white in between and larger than a coyote. The feral dogs obviously got busy with the coyotes. Most coyotes don't bother yapping at you they just run off but this one decided to give me a piece of his mind first.

woah!  That's crazy..... I need to see one of those

Quote from: TigerLily on May 25, 2018, 11:41:44 PM
lol. Dave does great sound effects

He is talented as a voice artist. He can do a lot of cartoon characters. Maybe not quite the talent Mel Blanc was but not bad.

albrecht

Quote from: painter17 on May 25, 2018, 11:36:46 PM

Yeah they totally wanted to eat my dog.... It was so weird to see packs of coyotes wandering the streets of the city late at night....
Kill a few and hang them on yer fence.  It lets neighbors know they around so they can be on lookout and ready to shoot and, supposedly, warns off others from coming.

painter17

Quote from: chefist on May 25, 2018, 11:38:37 PM
Here in the desert...we have many coyotes...you need a badass dog...

https://youtu.be/9-OkcXcSyWs

That was awesome!

Darn, what are the shapeshifters called in American Indian lore?  Skinwalkers, right? 

GravitySucks

Quote from: Dyna-X on May 25, 2018, 11:43:46 PM
I feel bad that I don't know which forest preserve, the main one I knew of was the Ned Brown Forest Preserve in Elk Grove.

There are probably 12 forest preserves. Except for the random body dump that is one thing Chicago got right. 

Asuka Langley

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 25, 2018, 11:49:07 PM
Darn, what are the shapeshifters called in American Indian lore?  Skinwalkers, right?

yes

DANIEL!

#glue sniffers

Doomed

Quote from: Bluejay on May 25, 2018, 10:38:00 PM
Maybe he could make use of Art’s old Antichrist voice changer device...
No no. Leave it with Heater. We might get lucky...

Chismes

Can be. Hopi and Pueblo have Kachina too.

Quote from: Kizuna Ai on May 25, 2018, 11:50:59 PM
yes

I gather they are supposed to be natives who underwent certain rituals to become shapeshifters. Think I read that in a Douglas Preston novel.

Quote from: Chismes on May 25, 2018, 11:52:05 PM
Can be. Hopi and Pueblo have Kachina too.

Oh yes, you're right!  Thanks, Chismes! :D ;)
Welcome to Bellgab and post often!!! ;D

Dyna-X

There were local stories about wolf/bear/dog critters in the Volo Bog area. The place is a throwback in time with ancient ferns, carniverous pitcher plants, and tamarac trees found nowhere else in the state.

Savage

Not saying this is what happened to Dave in the woods but...

Chismes

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 25, 2018, 11:56:33 PM
Oh yes, you're right!  Thanks, Chismes! :D ;)
Welcome to Bellgab and post often!!! ;D

TY :)

GravitySucks

Aren’t we posting in the wrong thread?

Quote from: Dyna-X on May 25, 2018, 11:57:17 PM
There were local stories about wolf/bear/dog critters in the Volo Bog area. The place is a throwback in time with ancient ferns, carniverous pitcher plants, and tamarac trees found nowhere else in the state.

Interesting.  Sort of like a rainforest.

DANIEL!

Quote from: monica on May 25, 2018, 11:57:10 PM
Yes, weight loss causes tired anal...

#is you anal canal tired of your weight loss diet?