• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

WOTR

Quote from: Liberace on May 17, 2018, 11:19:19 PM
Fuck it.  I'm changing my screen name to Liberace.
Did you go to the "name change" thread, post your old name, and request this new name from the moderator as per the TOS?

dsz

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on May 17, 2018, 08:20:07 PM
Some times I feel like Clyde is just a gas bag................  Tonight is one of those nights.   

Damn it.  50,000 internet radio stations and there's nothing on.

Sounds like someone who wants to be subservient to AI.

And Clyde Lewis is the number one gasbag in all of late night radio. He promised us this last night. Don't you forget it.

Bluejay

Quote from: mgordon on May 17, 2018, 11:12:09 PM
I forget,  it's been so long
  Was Redacted from here?  Are you guys sour about her getting the job?

Doomed

Quote from: Aquarius on May 17, 2018, 10:36:16 PM
Hi from new bellgabber, taking a deep breath! <g> Anyone notice the copyright notice on MV's LMN network site is 2023? May be cute, but not legal, methinks... anyway, silly me, glad to be here.
You mean someone could've purchased the update, other than Vara? Oh my.
Welcome to the show.  8)

mgordon

Quote from: Liberace on December 12, 2015, 04:58:27 PM
i get that heather wants to be a radio host, but if i were her, i would walk away from this altogether and go do my own thing somewhere else, unencumbered by the ghost of art bell which will continue to haunt her until she's run out of town by crazies with pitch forks.  to start off as the host of a show under these circumstances is less than auspicious, to say the least.

WOW!

Bluejay

Quote from: Doomed on May 17, 2018, 11:17:35 PM
My speculation is along these lines. Art made Karen executor, to handle things on behalf of his wife and kids.
Being the practical gal that she is, Karen had any services connected with the show, that Art may have been paying for,
discontinued to avoid a further strain on the family. Goodbye cable...sat-connections...the whole Magilla.
Sounds sensible.

dsz

Quote from: Liberace on May 17, 2018, 11:19:19 PM
Fuck it.  I'm changing my screen name to Liberace.

Was "Elton John" taken? Also could have used "Princess Di". "Brutus" would have fit your relationship with Heather well. Play nice  ;) :D

AstroBuzz

Question: How many days were they out there looking for Bigfoot before they saw it?

===========

It would seem to me if Patterson was perpetrating a hoax then a man in Bigfoot suit would've had to be deep in the woods at a predetermined time. I can't see Patterson trekking through the woods for days for however many seconds of footage when he could've just done it in a few hours.

GravitySucks

Quote from: TigerLily on May 17, 2018, 11:25:59 PM
Puhleeze. A bunch of us really hung in hoping she would get better (every day). Do you actually think anyone here cares enough to sabotage her? She's doing a great job of that all by herself

I stayed on as a subscriber for two years after Art quit. She got better in the summer of 2016 but by September 2017 she was getting worse. They never should have expanded the show to 5 hours when Hoagie quit and when they cut it back they should have cut it back to 3. Every show you could tell she was slowing down discussion and keeping callers on the line just to fill time.

I lost all respect for her when the meltdown started the weekend after Art died, and then continued through his funeral.  I wish her the best but I wouldn’t support her show by paying for it.

Hells Mole

Quote from: Richard Groyper on May 17, 2018, 03:03:25 PM
im excited to follow the further adventures of Baby Joey on Discord.

The guy that can't podcast properly and blames the listeners when they try to inform him his feed is borked.

Quote from: kidshare on May 17, 2018, 11:24:50 PM
They never found Steve Fossett. Found his plane near Mammoth, and a hiker found his wallet with ID and 100 dollar bills, but not one bone of Fossett's body was ever found.
that is because he wanted to disappear and be declared dead for the insurance and other things

mgordon

Quote from: TigerLily on May 17, 2018, 11:25:59 PM
Puhleeze. A bunch of us really hung in hoping she would get better (every day). Do you actually think anyone here cares enough to sabotage her? She's doing a great job of that all by herself

Yeah,  I read this.   People were behind her,  with a couple of naysayers.  TBH, I thought she wasn't that good, but had hopes that she'd get better as well.  She did get better,  but she kept a few bad habits in interviewing that Dave is a master over.

dsz

Quote from: mgordon on May 17, 2018, 11:29:08 PM
WOW!

Yeah. Did Liberace really write that in 2015 or is that an edit? It was very good advice then and very prophetic now.

WOTR

Quote from: mgordon on May 17, 2018, 11:12:09 PM
I forget,  it's been so long
  Was Redacted from here?  Are you guys sour about her getting the job?
From here?  Nope.  She got her start on a little internet show.  ;)

There is a VERY long history.  There were a ton of us who said we would support her and continue to subscribe (and a lot did for quite some time.)  In the end it was not us who disowned her, but her who disowned us.  To this day she cannot say she got her start on the gabcast.  I assume she still will not respond to the name redacted and will not say anything good about Bellgab or the support she started off with here.

A few were sour she got the job.  Most took a "wait and see approach."  Most still do not wish her ill (a few do.)  There is a very long history and backstory.

That said, if you are going to behave in this manner, I am going to laugh my ass off and enjoy the show. *

*To be clear, I am not referring to the radio show, nor the podcast that I would have to pay for.  ;)

zeebo

WOW!

That Liberace really knew what he was talking about.

dsz

Quote from: Cowkiller on May 17, 2018, 10:13:51 PM
Wheres all the heatherites tonight?

I was busy being a hard worker. At work. Just like Heather. Well, not like tonight-Heather because all those jealous vindictive people dumped her off the air again.

It's nice of Dave scott to drop by and let people know they always have alternatives.

WOTR

WOW!
Quote from: zeebo on May 17, 2018, 11:33:39 PM

He also does readings on mysticstars.net.  :)

TigerLily

Quote from: mgordon on May 17, 2018, 11:32:28 PM
Yeah,  I read this.   People were behind her,  with a couple of naysayers.  TBH, I thought she wasn't that good, but had hopes that she'd get better as well.  She did get better,  but she kept a few bad habits in interviewing that Dave is a master over.

I don't know why everything has to be a war and declare sides. IMO Dave is really good. Heather is mediocre. At best. All her drama is very offputting. Doesn't mean I hate or care enough to do her any harm or even wish her ill

PrairieGhost

Here is a public comment for Heather. I'm sure you read here. Suck up your pride. Move to be close to KCAA since they like you and make that the studio you broadcast out of. Art started out that way and so can you. It's really just getting sad at this point.

DaveScottSOR

Quote from: Skeleton Jelly on May 17, 2018, 11:36:08 PM
It's nice of Dave scott to drop by and let people know they always have alternatives.

Well I'd love to take credit for that, but that wasn't me.  Is there someone spoofing my account now?

Quote from: DaveScottSOR on May 17, 2018, 11:39:13 PM
Well I'd love to take credit for that, but that wasn't me.  Is there someone spoofing my account now?

Don't worry I checked with Dave Scott and he said it was okay

Cowkiller

Quote from: monica on May 17, 2018, 11:12:14 PM
They don't want to be seen.  I idled in neutral late one night going down a slope on a hignway, to save gas.  I saw a sasquatch who looked like he was about to cross the two-lane highway.  He looked really startled to see me, then his face quickly turned to anger, as it was very clear he resented the situation, like he felt he would have retreated sooner if he had known i was coming.  I don't know why he didn't notice my lights, but i was behind him.  He retreated into woods and did not cross then.

The same night a guy called into the local radio station saying he saw one a few miles away a couple hours later.  The radio station refused to let us exchange numbers, not even cell numbers, even when i told them i had seen it too!  Pretty rotten of them.
Cool story. 

DaveScottSOR

Quote from: Skeleton Jelly on May 17, 2018, 11:36:08 PM

What site was that from?

dsz

Quote from: Jinger Rat Snapps on May 17, 2018, 09:53:10 PM
Well Vara buy he some phones and things that she needs

I was wondering the same thing. Say she had to start from scratch... If she's such an integral part of LNM now, why couldn't MV just next day some equipment to her? Borrow it from his stash or another host if he couldn't get new stuff until she got the show back on its feet. If the Rat can put on a great sounding live show and take calls, they really have no excuse.

trostol

Quote from: PrairieGhost on May 17, 2018, 11:37:42 PM
Here is a public comment for Heather. I'm sure you read here. Suck up your pride. Move to be close to KCAA since they like you and make that the studio you broadcast out of. Art started out that way and so can you. It's really just getting sad at this point.

but she's not good...and probably doesn't have the money to move/equipment/lessons etc

WinWinS

Quote from: PrairieGhost on May 17, 2018, 11:37:42 PM

mgordon

Tigerlily, I don't wish her ill either.   I like both of them.   Honestly,  she's just reaping what she sewed for the time being.   

GravitySucks

Quote from: zeebo on May 17, 2018, 11:33:39 PM

You should have seen how surprised the MSM was when he almost predicted the exact electoral vote in 2016.

#MAGA