• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

GravitySucks

Quote from: Azzerae on May 17, 2018, 03:24:30 PM
I personally think Schrader's made a huge mistake by getting involved with Midnight in the Desert under the circumstances. The whole existence of the show is just bad juju at this point. Anyone with half a brain would steer clear.
explains the whole Lasha/Heather dynamic.

chefist

Quote from: awguy on May 17, 2018, 03:49:58 PM
Me too. Has the Patterson film ever been proven a hoax or is the jury still out?

Lot's of scientists for and against...the Wiki is rather extensive. I feel bad that Bob lost out on any royalties...fake or not.

Metron2267

Quote from: Friday on May 17, 2018, 03:35:25 PM
Heather sucks. Straight up no good. You're obviously not stupid enough to believe she's anything but garbage, so what's your game? Making a point? I'm slow. Help me out here.

She's clearly not very professional, on that we can agree.

But she has, to my ear anyway, just enough inner goofiness that I am intrigued. If you've ever heard her shows with Greg and Dana Newkirk they approximated a good rollicking late night bar chat - plenty of humor and little fawning, and a tangible dose of camaraderie.

As for my game...diversity, choice, non-corporatism if you will. Coast is diminished greatly by the direction George has taken it, even Leo Asshat would be an improvement!

Getting Ian back was pleasant surprise, if Premiere can leverage him in on a regular basis and replace Connie Willis with Lisa Garr they'd have a real nice bullpen. Knapp is a solid closer but might wear down if asked to be a starter.

My .02c...

El Chorro

Me too. Has the Patterson film ever been proven a hoax or is the jury still out?

The guy who says he wore the costume is controversial, but his claim kind of settled it several years ago. In the last few years a Hollywood creature guy has been claiming the human body couldn't fit into "Patty," but he gets raked over the coals by skeptics regularly.

chefist

Scientists for and against, though most wouldn't even give an opinion...the Wiki is rather extensive. I feel bad that Bob lost out on any royalties...fake or not.

*looks at watch* almost 3 pm...

it's time for

sweet berry wine!   :P

Metron2267

Quote from: Magpie on May 17, 2018, 03:41:44 PM
Knapp is a real award winning journalist, not a simple host. His reporting on the Bob Lazar story in the 1980's brought the existence of Area 51 into the public consciousness.  He has more 'paranormal credentials' than almost anybody in radio.

100% agree - and his Skinwalker ranch book is a fantastic bit of reportage.

Metron2267

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 17, 2018, 03:49:19 PM
According to our records you haven’t even downloaded FireFubâ,,¢️ yet, let alone utilized the easy to locate Donate button.

True dat!

;)

chefist

Quote from: Richard Groyper on May 17, 2018, 03:54:20 PM
*looks at watch* almost 3 pm...

it's time for

sweet berry wine!   :P

The entire segment is great.

https://youtu.be/-5bLLfAg76k

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Dyna-X on May 17, 2018, 03:15:21 PM
Would it bother you to know that picture is probably her best from ten years ago?  ;D
Lmao! Doesn’t help.

a is jump

Quote from: Dyna-X on May 13, 2018, 08:57:43 PM
I'm not a big fan of oddball streaming services or needing to go to a station's websites, either.

Here's a handy list I keep:
DMDN

http://38.135.36.123:10133/stream.m3u

http://38.135.36.123:10133/stream.xspf

UPRN Direct
http://s2.voscast.com:11590/;stream1525304801325/1

LMNR
http://50.7.71.219:7228/stream?type=.mp3

End of Days Radio
http://192.184.9.81:8176/

Minifang WR 250 Sunday Evening Rock
http://minifang.no-ip.info:8000/stream.m3u

Radio Caroline:
http://sc3.radiocaroline.net:8030

Still would love to find them for KCOR and KGRA.

I found KGRA's:

http://188.165.192.5:8270/64k

whoozit

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 17, 2018, 03:09:51 PM
I really wish I didn’t have to see that damned picture daily. Gives me the creeps.
Imagine waking up under the real thing every day.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: whoozit on May 17, 2018, 04:04:03 PM
Imagine waking up under the real thing every day.
I wouldn’t be waking up. Catch my drift?

Friday

Quote from: Metron2267 on May 17, 2018, 03:53:34 PM
She's clearly not very professional, on that we can agree.

But she has, to my ear anyway, just enough inner goofiness that I am intrigued. If you've ever heard her shows with Greg and Dana Newkirk they approximated a good rollicking late night bar chat - plenty of humor and little fawning, and a tangible dose of camaraderie.

As for my game...diversity, choice, non-corporatism if you will. Coast is diminished greatly by the direction George has taken it, even Leo Asshat would be an improvement!

Getting Ian back was pleasant surprise, if Premiere can leverage him in on a regular basis and replace Connie Willis with Lisa Garr they'd have a real nice bullpen. Knapp is a solid closer but might wear down if asked to be a starter.

My .02c...

If inner goofiness = success, get me on the air immediately.

Sean92008

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 17, 2018, 10:31:02 AM
I hate to offend Lhasha Apsos.. the poor dogs. But it came to me when I was about to type her name.
FIFY
Better mate that Lhasha Apso with a Cocksucker Spaniel

Element 115

Quote from: Dyna-X on May 13, 2018, 08:57:43 PM
I'm not a big fan of oddball streaming services or needing to go to a station's websites, either.

Here's a handy list I keep:
DMDN

http://38.135.36.123:10133/stream.m3u

http://38.135.36.123:10133/stream.xspf

UPRN Direct
http://s2.voscast.com:11590/;stream1525304801325/1

LMNR
http://50.7.71.219:7228/stream?type=.mp3

End of Days Radio
http://192.184.9.81:8176/

Minifang WR 250 Sunday Evening Rock
http://minifang.no-ip.info:8000/stream.m3u

Radio Caroline:
http://sc3.radiocaroline.net:8030

Still would love to find them for KCOR and KGRA.

Thanks for this list, it's awesome.  Also thanks to A is jump for providing the KGRA link.   I've copied the list to a document.

Quote from: username on May 17, 2018, 03:12:35 PM
Hey buddy,

Let me be serious for a moment here, when I'm here...Im for the most part, trying to get some laughs. When I called Schrader a hack, I did that with the intentions that he would read it or someone would tell him that. It's just a joke, I didn't mean that. He does a great job, shows up to his gig doesn't complain about management, the list goes on. However, now here comes the honest part. I didn't listen to him or any other fill-in host on coast, I rarely listen to coast to coast am. When I have listened to Schrader, he isn't a character or "radio personality", as some would say. I've heard others refer to him as "plain"... "cookie cutter". For some people like that... I personally like a charismatic host. Everyone likes something however, it's all subjective. He isn't a Hack by any regards, I got respect for all talk show host's  out there who have respect for themselves & others. I think we know who lacks respect and honesty, we all have been listening.

BTW. Thank you for listening to my interview with Karen, I felt it was a damn good interview. The Heather Wader interview... sometimes these things happen and I am good with improv as for the most part... most notes go out the window when you are live and having a great interview.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Sean92008 on May 17, 2018, 04:06:13 PM
FIFY
Better mate that Lhasha Apso with a Cocksucker Spaniel

I wonder if she washes her hair in beer. It makes it nice and squeaky clean.. and shiny. LOL

DaveSchrader

Quote from: username on May 17, 2018, 03:12:35 PM
Hey buddy,

Let me be serious for a moment here, when I'm here...Im for the most part, trying to get some laughs. When I called Schrader a hack, I did that with the intentions that he would read it or someone would tell him that. It's just a joke, I didn't mean that. He does a great job, shows up to his gig doesn't complain about management, the list goes on. However, now here comes the honest part. I didn't listen to him or any other fill-in host on coast, I rarely listen to coast to coast am. When I have listened to Schrader, he isn't a character or "radio personality", as some would say. I've heard others refer to him as "plain"... "cookie cutter". For some people like that... I personally like a charismatic host. Everyone likes something however, it's all subjective. He isn't a Hack by any regards, I got respect for all talk show host's  out there who have respect for themselves & others. I think we know who lacks respect and honesty, we all have been listening.

BTW. Thank you for listening to my interview with Karen, I felt it was a damn good interview. The Heather Wader interview... sometimes these things happen and I am good with improv as for the most part... most notes go out the window when you are live and having a great interview.

Interesting insights. Thanks for the kind words.

The funny thing about being a disembodied voice over your speakers is that some things are lost in translation.

Having done this type of programming for 12 years there is NO WAY to please everyone. When I am goofy I get hatemail, when I'm serious, I get hate mail, when I press guests I get hate mail, when I don't press the guests I get hate mail.

This type of topic isn't taken seriously as it is, so I try to show it the seriousness it deserves without being overly gullible. If I buy into a topic, I'm a shill, if I question the validity of the topic, I'm a killjoy and villain.

I've always tried to measure the temperature of the audience to appeal to the masses and remain true to who I am. I've made changes over the years and always try to adapt.

With a topic like we cover here I aim to make the topic the star, the focus, not the host. When I open up I get told to shut up, nobody wants to hear my thoughts, they want to hear the guest. If I shut up and let the guests go I get criticized that I am a shit host that cannot maintain direction of his own show.

We can't have it every way, I cannot be all to everyone. Funny thing is, as I read your posts, (meaning everyone's) people put Art on a pedestal in one post and 5 posts later call him a quitter or that he phoned it in, or was perfect or unstable.

I walked into a maelstrom of feces and I am busy working to right a sinking ship, balance change while paying honor to what came before. Not one person would be able to step in and be all that everyone needs or wants, and before I can be ME I need to get my footing, feel out my new surroundings and do what it takes to bring an audience back to MitD and not be offensive in either direction.

My goal is to be as well rounded as possible, adapt, change and keep moving forward. This show hemmoraged ten's of thousands of listeners when Art left. We are already up over 15% from where we were when Art died and that number keeps climbing.

With that said, and I mean this with total respect for everyones time. If you find me hard to listen to, I make you unhappy in anyway, don't listen. I won't be mad, life is too short to spend it doing things that don't add to your life.

To the people that elect to move on, enjoy your journey and I hope you find your next Art.

For those that love this kind of show and want to stick with me, I'm here for the long haul, long after the shitnado blows over and I will be the best version of me I can bring you to help you enjoy the show more.

I am always open to constructive criticism. Feel free to email me anytime.

Dave@midnightinthedesert.com

Your Milly Vanilla friend,

Dave

chefist

Quote from: DaveSchrader on May 17, 2018, 04:12:02 PM

Dave

DAVE: Please consider these questions for Bob...I'm really looking forward to this show...Thanks a lot.

1. Any new position regarding Bob’s 1999 statement: Patterson and Gimlin both denied that they had perpetrated a hoax, but in a 1999 telephone interview with television producer Chris Packhamfor the BBC's  The X Creatures, Gimlin said that for some time, "I was totally convinced no one could fool me. And of course I'm an older man now...and I think there could have been the possibility [of a hoax]. But it would have to be really well planned by Roger [Patterson]
2. Do you wish you would have killed it and brought it back, as you have stated in the past?
3. After all the years living in the area, did you ever see one before or after?
4. What do you say to the skeptics when they talk about the time line for having the film developed after you returned?
5. Did you ever personally meet and discuss the incident with Dr Grover Krantz?

teknoslag

Quote from: SpookyTim on May 17, 2018, 01:14:09 PM
Johnny Carson wanted David Letterman to take over "The Tonight Show," not Jay Leno. The network wanted Leno. The network had the final say.

Heather is no Letterman, but the analogy works.

The only difference being that Carson didn't pick Letterman, then die. Letterman didn't take two weeks off to "grieve" his predecessor while refusing to allow the network to let someone else guest-host, then start a juvenile spat with the network when they pointed out that talk-show reruns don't generate enough ratings and revenue to keep from running the show into the ground. Letterman didn't then get fired, go on another talk show while "grieving" to tell the whole story of what really occurred. He didn't wind up turning that appearance into a self-aggrandizing pity party, making the entire situation surrounding his predecessor's death about him, while whining that everyone was just being so unfair because all he wanted to do was "grieve" with the audience. Which he still wound up never doing more than a month later, after repeated promises of "next appearance, next appearance, next appearance..." Because he couldn't find a dump button/reliable server/[insert excuse here]. Leno wasn't then brought in to replace Letterman because the Tonight Show had been off the air for weeks, putting it on the verge of disappearing for good unless immediate changes were made.

But I do agree with you that yes, the network should and did have the final say.  ;D

Bart Ell

long after the shitnado blows over and I will be the best version of me I can bring you to help you enjoy the show more.

Every shitnado starts with a fart in a Wendy's parking lot.

Your new friend and born again Time Traveler,
Bart

teknoslag

The funny thing about being a disembodied voice over your speakers is that some things are list in translation.

Having done this type of programming for 12 years there is NO WAY to please everyone. When I am goofy I get hatemail, when I'm serious, I get hate mail, when I press guests I get hate mail, when I don't press the guests I get hate mail.

This type of topic isn't taken seriously as it is, so I try to show it the seriousness it deserves without being overly gullible. If I buy into a topic, I'm a shill, if I question the validity of the topic, I'm a killjoy and villain.

I've always tried to measure the temperature of the audience to appeal to the masses and remain true to who I am. I've made changes over the years and always try to adapt.

With a topic like we cover here I aim to make the topic the star, the focus, not the host. When I open up I get told to shut up, nobody wants to hear my thoughts, they want to hear the guest. If I shut up and let the guests go I get criticized that I am a shit host that cannot maintain direction of his own show.

We can't have it every way, I cannot be all to everyone. Funny thing is, as I read your posts, (meaning everyone's) people put Art on a pedestal in one post and 5 posts later call him a quitter or that he phoned it in, or was perfect or unstable.

I walked into a maelstrom of feces and I am busy working to right a sinking ship, balance change while paying honor to what came before. Not one person would be able to step in and be all that everyone needs or wants, and before I can be ME I need to get my footing, feel out my new surroundings and do what it takes to bring an audience back to MitD and not be offensive in either direction.

My goal is to be as well rounded as possible, adapt, change and keep moving forward. This show hemmoraged ten's of thousands of listeners when Art left. We are already up over 15% from where we were when Art died and that number keeps climbing.

With that said, and I mean this with total respect for everyones time. If you find me hard to listen to, I make you unhappy in anyway, don't listen. I won't be mad, life is too short to spend it doing things that don't add to your life.

To the people that elect to move on, enjoy your journey and I hope you find your next Art.

For those that love this kind of show and want to stick with me, I'm here for the long haul, long after the shitnado blows over and I will be the best version of me I can bring you to help you enjoy the show more.

Dave

You're doing just fine.

AstroBuzz

The funny thing about being a disembodied voice over your speakers is that some things are list in translation.

Dave

littlechris

Quote from: Kolchak on May 17, 2018, 02:47:32 PM
I'm excited for tonight's bigfoot episode.

Looking forward to listening to it this weekend. Bob Gimlin is probably one of the nicest guys you will ever meet. I beleive the Patterson Gimlin film is legit. Have done tons of research and read Dr.Jeffrey Meldrum's book on the subject. Also check out M.K. Davis' YouTube channel. Some of his theories are far out but he has probably put out some of the best analysis on the film.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Greenwave2010fb/videos

DaveSchrader

Quote from: chefist on May 17, 2018, 04:14:03 PM
DAVE: Please consider these questions for Bob...I'm really looking forward to this show...Thanks a lot.

1. Any new position regarding Bob’s 1999 statement: Patterson and Gimlin both denied that they had perpetrated a hoax, but in a 1999 telephone interview with television producer Chris Packhamfor the BBC's  The X Creatures, Gimlin said that for some time, "I was totally convinced no one could fool me. And of course I'm an older man now...and I think there could have been the possibility [of a hoax]. But it would have to be really well planned by Roger [Patterson]
2. Do you wish you would have killed it and brought it back, as you have stated in the past?
3. After all the years living in the area, did you ever see one before or after?
4. What do you say to the skeptics when they talk about the time line for having the film developed after you returned?
5. Did you ever personally meet and discuss the incident with Dr Grover Krantz?

Please email me the questions. I will lose them here among the 100 pages a night. Thanks.

Those are great.