• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Asuka Langley

The paranormal is a shit topic that has run it's course. Maybe back in the 90's you could get away with fake shitty grainy UFO pictures but now everyone had a HD camera in their pocket and there is still no proof of ayy lmaos. At this point the paranormal is a bigger joke than Heather Wade. It's not even fun to pretend it's real anymore it's just pathetic and sad.

WOW UFO IZ INDERSDING TOBBIC, NOD REALLY :DDD WHERE DA BURGERS? XDDD

Dyna-X

Quote from: username on May 06, 2018, 11:44:22 PM
Heather Wade called into my show last night, it was really strange. Chefist called in and we talked about the latest situation, and mentioned a few hosts here.
https://youtu.be/XN_ELOnIgcU?t=1h32m32s
The HW portion is cooked - that was from a show 6 months or so ago LOL

SpookyTim

No, regurgitative paranormal radio has run its course. Some of us are still looking for the stories beyond the grainy photos or videos. Or even exploring the exact point you made--why don't we have better proof? And is proof even possible?
As much as I enjoy talking about the paranormal, I enjoy even more the pursuit of figuring out why we still need to talk about it.

DaveScottSOR

Quote from: DarKPenguiN on May 06, 2018, 11:50:52 PM
No offence on what I'm about to say bro because Tbh I think 'Spaced Out Radio' is the best paranormal-ish show out there and that you guys are going to go bigtime and really be C2C's only competition.

But man-Way too much woo for me and everytime anyone has any paranormal experience you have it 10x more... Its a bit much for me and hard to take seriously. I think you seem like a pretty cool and personable guy though and I understand what you're doing with the show (I think) but its too over the top for me.

I love your crypto guy though and think some of those shows are just phenomenal.

Hey I appreciate that.  Yeah I know, I've heard that a few times regarding the 'Woo' factor.  You're right, I have had a number of weird and strange experiences, which I can't explain.  Trying to get out of that habit.   What would you like to see us do different?  And hey, I love the critique.  Let me know here or privately.

This is the first time I've listened on an emerging artist night since maybe 2013. Wow these 'artists' really suuuuu-huuuuck. Jeebus Christ!

Mels-hole1984

Hey guys, I seriously don't think it's Dave. My guess now is MV.

Faustina

Quote from: SpookyTim on May 07, 2018, 12:05:40 AM
No, regurgitative paranormal radio has run its course. Some of us are still looking for the stories beyond the grainy photos or videos. Or even exploring the exact point you made--why don't we have better proof? And is proof even possible?
As much as I enjoy talking about the paranormal, I enjoy even more the pursuit of figuring out why we still need to talk about it.

Because reality is grim.  The paranormal is fascinating and hopeful:  that's there's more to life than just the day-to-day grind.  UFOs, if they exist, mean we're not alone in the universe.  Ghosts, if they exist, prove that our souls survive the death of our bodies. 

albrecht

Quote from: Kizuna Ai on May 06, 2018, 11:52:10 PM
The paranormal is a shit topic that has run it's course. Maybe back in the 90's you could get away with fake shitty grainy UFO pictures but now everyone had a HD camera in their pocket and there is still no proof of ayy lmaos. At this point the paranormal is a bigger joke than Heather Wade. It's not even fun to pretend it's real anymore it's just pathetic and sad.

WOW UFO IZ INDERSDING TOBBIC, NOD REALLY :DDD WHERE DA BURGERS? XDDD

I was thinking the other day. What about calling out some 'ghost hunters?' They bring the experts, equipment, the meters, heck even dowsers. Look at 'every explaination' and get a cheaper deal, maybe free, for any slab, plumbing, foundation, or settling issues "on the house," in both ways! "I got a ghost, I needed to shave this door down and my water bill too high!"

Faustina

Quote from: Mels-hole1984 on May 07, 2018, 12:11:25 AM

Dave could just be playing dumb coz it hasn't been officially announced yet. 

Or maybe it's his sidekick Tim.

zeebo

He can't do it, will be out promoting his new album on his world "No Apologies" tour.

yoursongs

Quote from: El Chorro on May 06, 2018, 10:18:53 PM
Aldous knows. It's not just that there's no other photo associated with MITD, but no other photo associated with her name. She's a reasonable-looking female and should have photos all over the web.

Aldous said it's not because of physical infirmities or similar issues. It must be an alias name, which would account for no other pictures from her past. And I believe Aldous said he took the photo. So my guess is she's just vain and not terribly photogenic, and neither Keith nor Art would pop for a professional photographer, so they made do with Aldous's.

So, do you guys think it's just her "sex-worker" background?  If that's the case, maybe she's still doing that in off-air hours!  Secondly, why would any radio entity hire her if everybody knows of this sex worker phone thingy?

Faustina

Quote from: DaveScottSOR on May 07, 2018, 12:09:20 AM

Hey I appreciate that.  Yeah I know, I've heard that a few times regarding the 'Woo' factor.  You're right, I have had a number of weird and strange experiences, which I can't explain.  Trying to get out of that habit.   What would you like to see us do different?  And hey, I love the critique.  Let me know here or privately.

Tone down the woo.  Also the music is terrible, imo. 

SpookyTim

Quote from: 2014 on May 07, 2018, 12:13:33 AM
Or maybe it's his sidekick Tim.

Tim will tell you straight up, he's more a producer than a host. I don't think he'd want the job. But he's a great and brilliant dude.

Dyna-X

Quote from: SpookyTim on May 07, 2018, 12:05:40 AM
Think of a  phenomena that covers itself up. Add in a trickster element. Then add in high strangeness that is so messed up and weird it sounds like the ramblings of a mental patient or some kind of matrix magic. Then you are in the real stuff.

Mels-hole1984

I don't get why he would. He already has his own podcast and spot on coast. It doesn't make sense to me. It could be Knapp. Maybe that's why Keith changed the time to work around his full time job.

DaveScottSOR

Quote from: Faustina on May 07, 2018, 12:15:01 AM
Tone down the woo.  Also the music is terrible, imo.

The music stays.  Ron 'Bumblefoot' Thal, formerly of Guns 'N' Rose, and now Sons of Apollo, with Little Brother Is Watching is our theme!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmwLc6MiZY0

albrecht

Quote from: yoursongs on May 07, 2018, 12:14:47 AM
So, do you guys think it's just her "sex-worker" background?  If that's the case, maybe she's still doing that in off-air hours!  Secondly, why would any radio entity hire her if everybody knows of this sex worker phone thingy?
I wouod think that would be a plus. Sex calls, better yet successf cold calll telemarketing,etc would be good training for sales of "supplements?"

SpookyTim

Quote from: yoursongs on May 07, 2018, 12:14:47 AM

Sex worker background wouldn't scare off an employer. If she's a voice artist, that's just a job. It's acting. Far less scandalous than if she had nude photos. Plus, is their confirmation of this, or are we going by her comments in posts? Because clearly, she isn't afraid of a little, or a lot, of fabrication.

"Google Carnivora.com, I don't want to sound like an advertisement but...." uh really? most of the shows are all advertisements now!

Asuka Langley

Paranormal nonsense jumped the shark with the slenderman stabbing. Slenderman was a creepypasta on something awful and got spread around 4chan it wasn't even good creepypasta. The paranormal is dead and technology killed it PRAISE TECHNOLOGY!

WhiteCrow

Quote from: mv on May 06, 2018, 10:02:17 PM
I'm too excited over the fact that I'm the new C2C host.  Can't sleep.

Congratulations!

#MV SucksThread

Corona Kitty

Quote from: brig on May 06, 2018, 11:48:53 PM
Alright, Thanks Michael, I'll go have a listen.

Definitely listen, I trashed a few people in this thread.

Have an art bell tribute show for your patience.

https://youtu.be/1Vj-SDVXdV0

yoursongs

Quote from: SpookyTim on May 07, 2018, 12:19:16 AM
Sex worker background wouldn't scare off an employer. If she's a voice artist, that's just a job. It's acting. Far less scandalous than if she had nude photos. Plus, is their confirmation of this, or are we going by her comments in posts? Because clearly, she isn't afraid of a little, or a lot, of fabrication.

If it were JUST that one thing (sex-worker job), it wouldn't matter.  But it's the 101 OTHER things that throw up red flags, one of them being the no images (except 1 after years of being on air).  It's a cumulative thing ya know

SpookyTim

Quote from: Dyna-X on May 07, 2018, 12:16:51 AM
Think of a  phenomena that covers itself up. Add in a trickster element. Then add in high strangeness that is so messed up and weird it sounds like the ramblings of a mental patient or some kind of matrix magic. Then you are in the real stuff.

My honest opinion, at least in this current period of my work, is that it's all something people create in their minds and will into existence, which to me is far more fascinating than if we have dead people around us, or beings from other planets visiting us. Then the big questions aren't the what, but the how and the why we do this. Does mankind need its boogeymen? Must we have something we always keep outside of our realm of comprehension? The more enlightened we become, we find new ways to keep ourselves in the dark about things we should have figured out centuries ago. But why?

Sammi

I wonder how much longer this saga is going to drag out.  I can't believe she's keeping the MITD name.