• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

dsz

Quote from: 2014 on May 06, 2018, 11:20:24 PM
I'm putting $$ on George Knapp being on MITD... i'll probably lose it, but whatever.

I put an email alert on Trulia for houses going up for sale in Pahrump... haven't noticed anything yet.

Dreams and wishful thinking don't "lose", they just never materialize.

Quote from: dsz on May 06, 2018, 11:27:04 PM
But compared to Noory.....?

tbh rn Noory would be my first choice...

Taco Bell

Quote from: wr250 on May 06, 2018, 08:38:04 PM
noory knows who he is. that means they are a coast host most likely. 3 options:
1. Syrett , who has a radio show in toronto and the surrounding areas
2. Knapp who is a very successful journalist/reporter who has shown no interest in  hosting a 5 day a week show (unless he is retiring...)
C: Shrader (good dave) who i dont know much about, and is a bellgab member.

Joke is on everyone, George is the new host.

I never liked Punnett's topics,  I think the few things he had that I liked were Black-Eyes Children, Missing 411, Smiley Face Killers, everything else bored me. Towards the end he got somewhat nasty with his guests, some did deserve it though so I am open-minded to hearing him again.

albrecht

Quote from: 2014 on May 06, 2018, 11:29:32 PM
I never liked Punnett's topics,  I think the few things he had that I liked were Black-Eyes Children, Missing 411, Smiley Face Killers, everything else bored me. Towards the end he got somewhat nasty with his guests, some did deserve it though so I am open-minded to hearing him again.
Let's hope it is not 'Blue Grass Belle' every time. Once, ok. I like he can debate, shut-down the amateur preachers and Bible 'experts.'

Quote from: 2014 on May 06, 2018, 11:29:32 PM

I feel the same way.  Some topics were way too corny such as Jason the horse and the Zombie holocaust crap.  Hope he uses his slot to engage in topics that he is serious about.

Robert

Quote from: El Chorro on May 06, 2018, 11:10:35 PM
He had an ear stalker
If only the UR cor. afforded the benefit of context....

Lilith

Quote from: Richard Groyper on May 06, 2018, 11:26:06 PM
LMFAO! Ian Punnet? that guy is boring. all current paranormal hosts are shit, no offense.

Yup, Well, I don't feel compelled to resubscribe to C2C in light of this news, so , that's about all I have to say aboudit.

albrecht

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 06, 2018, 11:33:49 PM
I feel the same way.  Some topics were way too corny such as Jason the horse and the Zombie holocaust crap.  Hope he uses his slot to engage in topics that he is serious about.
I thought the WWZ approach was good. Better than the movie, certainly. Never saw the comic book but liked the Orson Welles approach in a weird, reverae sense. I think he also a good City of Z show?

Asuka Langley

I have only heard Ian Punnett a few times and he was boring AF.

Mels-hole1984

What if the new MITD host is the old guest host from coast everyone here seems to have forgotten about? The babe in the bunker...Barbara Simpson.

SnapT

Jason The Horse was surprisingly interesting.

Zombie show was boring.

DaveScottSOR

Quote from: Richard Groyper on May 06, 2018, 11:26:06 PM
LMFAO! Ian Punnet? that guy is boring. all current paranormal hosts are shit, no offense.

Right in the heart!  Ouch!

Corona Kitty

Quote from: Hells Mole on May 05, 2018, 10:52:23 PM
A British podcaster had a technically-challenged Skype interview with John after Art's death and near the end John launched into full "there's no way the holocaust is real" mode much to the shock of the host.  He was probably worried the bobbies were going to bust in his door to throw him in a dungeon before the next morning.

hah good ol' John Lear, I wonder if he's been listening to Fetzer.

DarKPenguiN

So C2C stands for 'commercial to commercial A.M. then?

zeebo

Swapping a Schrader for a Punnett is kind of a non-change for me.  I like them both well enough, but they both often have topics I don't care about.  I guess I'd give the tilt towards Ian though - hoping he comes with some fresh ideas.

dsz

Quote from: Mels-hole1984 on May 06, 2018, 11:38:40 PM
What if the new MITD host is the old guest host from coast everyone here seems to have forgotten about? The babe in the bunker...Barbara Simpson.

Dreams... Wishful thinking...

albrecht

Quote from: SnapT on May 06, 2018, 11:38:47 PM
Jason The Horse was surprisingly interesting.

Zombie show was boring.
I liked both. Especially as Jason never 'acted' on his desires. Ian was funny in a NY prediction show. Good callers. Some real crazies. King Midas. Rodent attacks. Etc.

Oh and Ian please no more shows on E Howard Hunt.  I don't want to listen to that tape again.

DarKPenguiN

Quote from: zeebo on May 06, 2018, 11:41:02 PM
Swapping a Schrader for a Punnett is kind of a non-change for me.  I like them both well enough, but they both often have topics I don't care about.  I guess I'd give the tilt towards Ian though - hoping he comes with some fresh ideas.
Knapp is probably the only one that could get me listening again.

dsz

Quote from: DarKPenguiN on May 06, 2018, 11:40:54 PM
So C2C stands for 'commercial to commercial A.M. then?

Shhh... you'll give away the secret of the only way they've managed to stay afloat this long.

Sean92008

This whole "emerging artist" thing bothers me frequently.  Either the artists are stupid with these 1-minute intros that I can shit a better riff than what they put down or Noory doesn't announce the very few I like.  He's done that a couple times and then I search for a day trying to find out and no one replies to my e-mails, nothing gets listed.

Corona Kitty

Heather Wade called into my show last night, it was really strange. Chefist called in and we talked about the latest situation, and mentioned a few hosts here.
https://youtu.be/XN_ELOnIgcU?t=1h32m32s

Faustina

Quote from: trostol on May 06, 2018, 11:24:46 PM
agreed lol

will finally get to hear the dude live

He's really good.  A unique and beguiling intellect.  Excellent interviewer too. 

DarKPenguiN

Quote from: dsz on May 06, 2018, 11:43:06 PM
Shhh... you'll give away the secret of the only way they've managed to stay afloat this long.
I remember it was pretty bad when I stopped listening but now its almost unlistenable- Like a 1.5 to 1 content vs commercial time.

Then again I rarely watch or listen to anything with commercials these days so maybe i'm seeing it as worse than it really is?

Faustina

Quote from: username on May 06, 2018, 11:44:22 PM
Heather Wade called into my show last night, it was really strange. Chefist called in and we talked about the latest situation, and mentioned a few hosts here.

Is that really Heather or an imposter?

dsz

Quote from: DarKPenguiN on May 06, 2018, 11:45:45 PM
I remember it was pretty bad when I stopped listening but now its almost unlistenable- Like a 1.5 to 1 content vs commercial time.

Then again I rarely watch or listen to anything with commercials these days so maybe i'm seeing it as worse than it really is?

Yep, you've ruined the excitement about Punnett for me because now I remember the ungodly commercial load the night they talked about Art. I'm hoping Punnett has the magical powers of Jesus to cut his ad time by like 20 percent for his shows.

Lilith

Quote from: username on May 06, 2018, 11:44:22 PM

Alright, Thanks Michael, I'll go have a listen.

zeebo

Quote from: DarKPenguiN on May 06, 2018, 11:43:01 PM
Knapp is probably the only one that could get me listening again.

I've given up on ever getting more Knapp nites.  Given that, I'd settle for more Syrett, with an occasional Connie show just for kicks.

DarKPenguiN

Quote from: DaveScottSOR on May 06, 2018, 11:39:24 PM
Right in the heart!  Ouch!
No offence on what I'm about to say bro because Tbh I think 'Spaced Out Radio' is the best paranormal-ish show out there and that you guys are going to go bigtime and really be C2C's only competition.

But man-Way too much woo for me and everytime anyone has any paranormal experience you have it 10x more... Its a bit much for me and hard to take seriously. I think you seem like a pretty cool and personable guy though and I understand what you're doing with the show (I think) but its too over the top for me.

I love your crypto guy though and think some of those shows are just phenomenal.