• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

albrecht

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 04, 2018, 11:28:09 AM
I can answer that, yes that's what it's like. Every once in a while my conscience kicks in and I am like I should go listen to some Heather because maybe I was wrong about her. NOPE NOT WRONG!  She SUCKS! If I were not at work I would do my best Heather Wade impression and upload it to youtube so you all could hear it. I can't even get past 10 minutes. The rise and fall of her voice is not fucking natural. It's like someone made some kind of fucked up computer program that doesn't understand how to read words. Oh and I finally figured out what her high pitched fake going into a crying fit sounded like. I believe catsmile called her a muppet. He was sooo right. Beaker, anyone? Oh hi (insert name) vocal range starts to sound like beaker. JFC the sniffing and lipsmacking. Serious question how in the hell did you all listen to this? I have headphones so I hear every nuance. I have never, ever heard MV or Curtis sound like they are licking their lips or have been doing lines of coke. FFS what a shit show.

Ha. I haven't listened in forever so was sort of shocked how bad it got, not that it started great, but wow. I can't believe people paid money and there are fans who are going with her to some network that couples bubbles like underwater with her awful voice and inflections.

dsz

Quote from: aldousburbank on May 04, 2018, 11:45:12 AM
That's a great idea- Midnight In The Dessert

Roswells, ghost Art.
donuts and key lime pie, New host.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: albrecht on May 04, 2018, 11:47:06 AM
Ha. I haven't listened in forever so was sort of shocked how bad it got, not that it started great, but wow. I can't believe people paid money and there are fans who are going with her to some network that couples bubbles like underwater with her awful voice and inflections.
It's mind blowing. Seriously. I will say this when she forgets to do the fucked up voice thing she is listenable. And for the love of God the inhaling. So read long paragraph and then inhale deeply and read more. I am listening to a recent Open Lines. How in the hell did this show go for three years? No kidding it was losing money. God, Qeef I'm so sorry I was ever mean to you, no wonder you were always so pissed off. Makes sense.

dsz

Quote from: a is jump on May 04, 2018, 11:46:33 AM
Heather must have moved to Pahrump on or around February 20th, 2016. She seemed to be using Art's rig by the show on the 22nd, which I think was described as the Telos system being somehow moved or forwarded to her place (Art could "flip a switch" and it would be functional back at his place). But the sound quality difference between her Feb 19th Open Lines show and her Feb 22nd interview with Michael Cremo is night and day.

So that thing where her vocals sounded all wonky the first night back on after she allegedly moved was staged too I guess. Lear is right. "It's all staged"

ItsOver

Quote from: El Chorro on May 04, 2018, 10:03:50 AM
This tweet from Keith sounds kind of like the host is actually himself:

"I have landed a host, as to whether he’s viable will be your decision I suppose. Hope you’ll approve or at least give the guy a fighting chance. I got lucky he became available. Real lucky. I like him, a real normal person to deal with, not some diva."
Let's see.  KR is a 0 and 1's kind of guy and likes him.  Host not a diva.  Hmmmm...

http://youtu.be/fSByydx1JdU

Roswells, Art

Quote from: SredniVashtar on May 04, 2018, 04:00:14 AM
That sums it up. And for anyone who still thinks it was too weird for Art to make up the stalker story, he made all sorts of weird moves that showed he was losing his grip. It was as though he had forgotten how to do a show and fussed over things like Skype instead. And how an experienced  radio host thought he could parachute in a total novice boggles the mind.

Yeah. I think a lot of us have or are experiencing elder loved ones that change quickly. I know one that after a surgery didn't seem to be his old confident self anymore and also seemed to go a bit OCD. They are easily manipulated and only shitty "people" take advantage of them.

ItsOver

Bluejay

Quote from: awguy on May 04, 2018, 11:04:35 AM
I think Art knew in March of 2016 that he wasn't returning full time. I think this was around the time that Heather stopped talking about "Keeping the Chair Warm".

Plus, Heather's header image on her FB page "Heather Wade Midnight In The Desert" was posted about that time.

And with Keith's "The power is out in Parump" slip up, I say it's very possible Heather had been living in Art's guest house for at least a year but only officially bought the property recently.

dsz

Quote from: SredniVashtar on May 04, 2018, 04:00:14 AM
That sums it up. And for anyone who still thinks it was too weird for Art to make up the stalker story, he made all sorts of weird moves that showed he was losing his grip. It was as though he had forgotten how to do a show and fussed over things like Skype instead. And how an experienced  radio host thought he could parachute in a total novice boggles the mind.

dsz

Given how things go in the MITD circle of life I really hope the new "guy" has a killer producer.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: Hells Mole on May 04, 2018, 04:42:51 AM
When I was a child I thought the social dynamics I observed amongst my schoolmates was intrinsic to childhood but sadly found all those same patterns replicate throughout the entire human strata of age.
Groups of octogenarians in nursing homes are as petty, cruel, clique-ish and gossipy as middle schoolers.

You are really shooting up the charts as one of my favorite posters. I'd put you in the top three, top four if Camazotz comes back from the dead.

Cam was our old top right guy, am I right, MV?

weeberwubber

Quote from: Kolchak on May 03, 2018, 05:41:57 PM
Heather's responding to Facebook comments left and right now. Previously, she couldn't be bothered. Maybe she turned off her grief with the help of an easy button.

Fat load of bullshit is what this is. So transparent. I had to deal with a situation like this when my dad died and it seems like they can break every rule in the book and still sue you into bankruptcy. So much similar down to the fake sobbing. Fuck me, it turns my stomach.

Bluejay

Quote from: dsz on May 04, 2018, 11:52:53 AM
So that thing where her vocals sounded all wonky the first night back on after she allegedly moved was staged too I guess. Lear is right. "It's all staged"

HumanBeing

Quote from: Roswells, Art on May 04, 2018, 09:48:34 AM
That reminds me of a book I read a while back that I picked up in at this place in Costa Rica (http://www.rockingjs.com/index.php/es/). The book literally fell apart as I read it. I suppose due to the sea air floating about while it sat there, waiting for someone to pick it up. It's the true story about a guy, I think his name was Don, who had decided to sail around the earth as a contestant against a few others that were doing the same thing. Most of the book was his build up to his sail, telling everyone about it, doing interviews, and designing the boat (badly). As the date to sail came closer and reality started to sink in he seemed to be very worried about his ability to pull it off and the seaworthiness of his sailing vessel but he already had invested a lot of money and more importantly, his ego into the endeavor. The new boat didn't seem like it could handle the job for which it was intended and it wasn't entirely ready yet by the time he set sail.

Set sail he does though with much fanfare. He ends up going in circles in one ocean, at first he is sending his location signals back to the interested parties, then eventually claims the device that sends out his location broke. It really goes downhill from there. He never comes back to shore. His boat is eventually found adrift with no one on board. All that is left is his writings. He had a diary not intended for the public that shows his failing mental health and another he wrote for the public.

Anyway, the similarities struck me when I read your post.

Also if anyone knows the name of the book I described I would love to know, I want to buy it, as depressing as it is.

That book sounds quite interesting. Hopefully someone will know the name of it. Even your blurb on it, from memory, sort of captures the guys passion and relentless/pathological endeavor to reach his goal. Even though it ended tragically and with him seeming to be a complete failure at navigating  ;D 
As for Don never being seen or heard from again, one is left with all sordid possibilities.

aldousburbank

Ok I know what everybody needs right now. A nice drum circle.

weeberwubber

Quote from: Jinger Rat Snapps on May 03, 2018, 05:49:26 PM
I may sell Sake but I am a 100% Bourbon ( not Scotch or whiskey ) drinker,,although I do love a horses mane once in awhile

How bout some single malt marmalade? https://www.facebook.com/JungleVT/videos/2622627321212427/

weeberwubber

Quote from: Jinger Rat Snapps on May 03, 2018, 05:49:26 PM
I may sell Sake but I am a 100% Bourbon ( not Scotch or whiskey ) drinker,,although I do love a horses mane once in awhile

my post above was in reply to this but the quote won't show

timebandit

If the shit hits the fan at area 51 I'd take a bullet for Heather

Roswells, Art

Quote from: HumanBeing on May 04, 2018, 12:23:52 PM
That book sounds quite interesting. Hopefully someone will know the name of it. Even your blurb on it, from memory, sort of captures the guys passion and relentless/pathological endeavor to reach his goal. Even though it ended tragically and with him seeming to be a complete failure at navigating  ;D 
As for Don never being seen or heard from again, one is left with all sordid possibilities.

It really was interesting. I couldn't stop reading it and was telling my friend I was traveling with about it while reading it. This was it:

I think that's his boat in the picture. As to his demise, people think he just gave up and jumped off his boat. I've worked on boats but I don't think you have to to find that an awful way to end it all. So, hopefully it was aliens.

chefist

Quote from: timebandit on May 04, 2018, 12:32:58 PM

Be sure to buy that 10 year subscription first.

aldousburbank

Shooter alert!
Notify MV

Kolchak

Hey Aldous, do you know when Heather is going to reveal any of those extenuating circumstances you alluded to in that long post a while back? She didn't do it in her interview. Saving them for the big return?

munbeam666

Someone in another BG thread posted a claim that Heather refused to transport Aiyren and the kids to Arts funeral. Is this true?

69CheckMate

[attachment=1]

ponyboysunset

Quote from: aldousburbank on May 04, 2018, 12:36:01 PM
Shooter alert!
Notify MV
Pretty sure he quit mowing sand there.  :)
Quote from: munbeam666 on May 04, 2018, 12:39:34 PM
Someone in another BG thread posted a claim that Heather refused to transport Aiyren and the kids to Arts funeral. Is this true?
Define true? From the fucked up interview in her own words she didn't attend the funeral, so I guess that's a yes. I'm not sure I believe a word she says though.

weeberwubber

Quote from: Jinger Rat Snapps on May 03, 2018, 06:46:16 PM
the key word is Drunk,,most Japanese will bend over backward for you but when drunk they revert to the old school of hate,, there is nothing wrong with visiting Japan, just do not plan to move here.

There is an island there that is overrun with bunnies. Bunnies everywhere. Bunnies as far as the eye can see. I have to get to that island. No joke. Bucket list.