• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Jocko Johnson

Quote from: ItsOver on April 23, 2018, 03:33:11 PM
Too bad she didn't take a course from this guy.  Come to think of if it, maybe she did.

Is this the end of the World Major Doom has been predicting all these years?

IcicleTrepan

Quote from: nooryisawesome on April 23, 2018, 04:05:55 PM
She shouldn’t. The show should be about Art. Whoever the host is shouldn’t allow that bullshit.

If it is seriously MV and I have a hard time believing that, I do believe he will do his best for o honor Arts memory as a broadcaster.

If they allow open lines I will place my bet on Heather herself calling in.  I don't think she'd be able to stop herself.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: bellNwhistle on April 23, 2018, 04:05:10 PM
She’s telling them to bitch at the guest host.

I know how to handle these rubes.

awguy

Quote from: ItsTelly on April 23, 2018, 02:26:58 PM
Someone said that Keith owns the show.  If HW was unsure if she was ever going to come back on again or not, I think Keith has to pull the trigger and get a guest host; you can't just run repeats of old shows for weeks and expect subscribers to keep paying.

I agree it's kind of bad for HW yet on the other hand, she wasn't exactly a steady hand at the microphone.  What was Keith supposed to do? Just wait and wait and wait (for potentially months) until Heather decided to come back- this is a big 'IF'.  She herself said she may never come back.

Telly

EXACTLY! If they are not live tonight, subscribers should be demanding refunds. They are paying for a product they aren't getting. This isn't some podcast in your basement when where you can just take three weeks off between shows.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: whoozit on April 23, 2018, 04:08:00 PM
Hey MV, will you take me under your wing and teach me to podcast?  I can live in your shed.  This is not creepy and will have a happy ending for all.

you need a noise gate.

chefist

Hey MV, will you take me under your wing and teach me to podcast?  I can live in your shed.  This is not creepy and will have a happy ending for all.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: mv on April 23, 2018, 03:48:50 PM
at least target has the little store-branded cafe like k-mart used to have when i was a kid.

Yeah, I liked those. My local target recently tore theirs out and put in a Starbucks though. Dunno if all the stores are doing that, but I was profoundly disappointed that I couldn't get chicken strips as I sipped my $9 caramel macchiato.

Whoever the host is I hope they have some talking points and some recorded clips of Art from MITD to fill the gaps when there are not callers.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: nooryisawesome on April 23, 2018, 04:05:55 PM
She shouldn’t. The show should be about Art. Whoever the host is shouldn’t allow that bullshit.

If it is seriously MV and I have a hard time believing that, I do believe he will do his best for o honor Arts memory as a broadcaster.

Honestly if MV and Heather would work together MITD could be salvageable.

Who screens calls?
Unfortunately, if you don’t let some HW supporters say their peace, it might lead to more problems for Keith. What a cluster-f-ck

Lilith

Quote from: nooryisawesome on April 23, 2018, 04:03:22 PM
I hope we all sing kumbaya, who ever the host is. MITD was Arts show he deserves proper remberence for the entertainment he provided. I hope Bellgabbers will call and be respectful of that, and share their memories. It should be a good show, put differences aside and remember all those crazy times on C2C, MITD and even dark matter with Art has host. Talk about favorite guest, most outlandish stories, etc.

Let me try and find my tiny violin.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on April 23, 2018, 04:10:40 PM
My local target recently tore theirs out and put in a Starbucks though.

I'm sorry to hear that, man.  I really am.

chefist

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on April 23, 2018, 04:10:40 PM
Yeah, I liked those. My local target recently tore theirs out and put in a Starbucks though. Dunno if all the stores are doing that, but I was profoundly disappointed that I couldn't get chicken strips as I sipped my $9 caramel macchiato.

The one by me is a standard cafe...I love those too...the smell of popcorn, making cotton candy, hot dog rotisserie and punch fountain.

whoozit

Does Heather still need a counselor that speaks radio or will a normal one do now?

Quote from: awguy on April 23, 2018, 04:09:42 PM
EXACTLY! If they are not live tonight, subscribers should be demanding refunds. They are paying for a product they aren't getting. This isn't some podcast in your basement when where you can just take three weeks off between shows.

That's Heather's goal.  She is rapidly attaining it.

ItsOver

After all these years of drama, somehow, this seems to be a fitting tribute show.

"Believe it or not!"

moosie

Quote from: whoozit on April 23, 2018, 04:12:05 PM
Does Heather still need a counselor that speaks radio or will a normal one do now?
LOL she needs Dr. Laura's phone number.

Taco Bell

Quote from: Kizuna Ai on April 23, 2018, 04:11:37 PM
Heather has a face for radio

"You don't need to show your face..."

Solution:

awguy

Quote from: Juan on April 23, 2018, 02:42:03 PM
I suppose the listening audience will be more than 1955 tonight.

I'll be listening. I can't wait for whatever is about to go down.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: nooryisawesome on April 23, 2018, 04:03:22 PM
I hope we all sing kumbaya, who ever the host is. MITD was Arts show he deserves proper remberence for the entertainment he provided. I hope Bellgabbers will call and be respectful of that, and share their memories. It should be a good show, put differences aside and remember all those crazy times on C2C, MITD and even dark matter with Art has host. Talk about favorite guest, most outlandish stories, etc.

This show starts at 3 am for me. If it's a bunch of wankers holding hands and smiling through the tears I am fucking off to bed. I want anger, arguments and - with any luck - spilled bodily fluids.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Taco Bell on April 23, 2018, 04:12:14 PM
"East of the Ozarks, you're on the air"

Now let's take a call on the Wild Cow line... you're on the air."

Lilith

Quote from: nooryisawesome on April 23, 2018, 04:10:42 PM
Whoever the host is I hope they have some talking points and some recorded clips of Art from MITD to fill the gaps when there are not callers.

Bah Humbug!  Everyone should call in and shout PRAISE MV! @bellgab.com

Jocko Johnson

MV no gabcast hosting MITD? True that or u joshing us boy?

Chine

Quote from: popple on April 23, 2018, 04:01:50 PM
Merry dumpster fire in the desert to ye!

I sure hope (Redacted) doesn't have a noncompete that would keep her fans waiting for years  :o

RIP Arthur William Bell III & PRAISE MV! <3

Popple!  Welcome Back!

Quote from: awguy on April 23, 2018, 04:14:45 PM
I'll be listening. I can't wait for whatever is about to go down.

I think people will be disappointed in the drama if he is the host. MV was a professional radio host, he will act like it.

ItsOver

Hells Mole

>KR acknowledges the (paying) fans need a new show and a chance to give tribute and remembrances to Art bell on his "official" legacy show.
>Official Art Bell tribute show for Art's fans
>HW "DESTROY IT! BURN IT ALL DOWN! ALL THAT MATTERS IS ME!"