• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Corona Kitty

Quote from: nooryisawesomeâ,,¢ on May 10, 2017, 02:44:00 PM
I have no problem with Dr.J but he sounded super gay on air to the point I couldn't listen.

I have nothing personal against him, he just happens to make milo yiannopoulos sound straight, in comparison.

Current caller, Bear, must have hit his head multiple times falling off the motorcycles he used to drive before the helmet law took affect.

Kolchak

Anybody listening tonight?

I got home from work, cracked a beer and the first caller I heard was rambling about how, in the future, we'd travel to underwater cities via plastic tubes.

Lilith

Quote from: Kolchak on May 12, 2017, 12:59:25 AM

I got home from work, cracked a beer and the first caller I heard was rambling about how, in the future, we'd travel to underwater cities via plastic tubes.

Aww, I'm sorry, I wasn't.

Kolchak

Quote from: brig on May 12, 2017, 08:55:20 AM
Aww, I'm sorry, I wasn't.

Quite alright, Brig. You're in the majority.

starrmtn001

Quote from: Kolchak on May 12, 2017, 12:59:25 AM

Yes.  I was. ;)  ;D

starrmtn001

Quote from: Kolchak on May 12, 2017, 01:02:25 PM
Quite alright, Brig. You're in the majority.
Sometimes it's about quality, not quantity. ;) :-*

Fri May 12 â€" Dr. Dennis J. McKenna â€" Psychedelic Research
POSTED ON MAY 12, 2017
Websites: Symbiolifesciences.com brotherhoodofthescreamingabyss.com heffter.org

Dr. Dennis McKenna’s research has focused on the interdisciplinary study of Amazonian ethnopharmacology and plant hallucinogens. He has conducted extensive ethnobotanical fieldwork in the Peruvian, Colombian, and Brasilian Amazon.

His doctoral research (University of British Columbia,1984) focused on the ethnopharmacology of ayahuasca and oo-koo-he, two tryptamine-based hallucinogens used by indigenous peoples in the Northwest Amazon. He is a founding board member of the Heffter Research Institute, and was a key organizer and participant in the Hoasca Project, the first biomedical investigation of ayahuasca used by the UDV, a Brazilian religious group. He is currently Assistant Professor in the Center for Spirituality and Healing at the University of Minnesota.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: ©StarrMountain® 2010 on May 12, 2017, 03:43:50 PM
Sometimes it's about quality, not quantity. ;) :-*

Fri May 12 â€" Dr. Dennis J. McKenna â€" Psychedelic Research
POSTED ON MAY 12, 2017
Websites: Symbiolifesciences.com brotherhoodofthescreamingabyss.com heffter.org

Dr. Dennis McKenna’s research has focused on the interdisciplinary study of Amazonian ethnopharmacology and plant hallucinogens. He has conducted extensive ethnobotanical fieldwork in the Peruvian, Colombian, and Brasilian Amazon.

His doctoral research (University of British Columbia,1984) focused on the ethnopharmacology of ayahuasca and oo-koo-he, two tryptamine-based hallucinogens used by indigenous peoples in the Northwest Amazon. He is a founding board member of the Heffter Research Institute, and was a key organizer and participant in the Hoasca Project, the first biomedical investigation of ayahuasca used by the UDV, a Brazilian religious group. He is currently Assistant Professor in the Center for Spirituality and Healing at the University of Minnesota.

Hmmm...do I venture to endure a host I know from experience to be a particularly ham-fisted interviewer to hear a guest I find interesting?  ???

starrmtn001

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 12, 2017, 04:02:22 PM
Hmmm...do I venture to endure a host I know from experience to be a particularly ham-fisted interviewer to hear a guest I find interesting?  ???
How about Bacon-fisted?   Mmmmm, Bacon.  Heh, heh. ;) :-* ;D

bateman

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 12, 2017, 04:02:22 PM

I've tried that with Noory before. No dice.

starrmtn001

Quote from: bateman⭐️ on May 12, 2017, 04:07:15 PM
I've tried that with Noory before. No dice.
Apples and pizza rolls, Luv, apples and pizza rolls. :-*

bateman

Quote from: ©StarrMountain® 2010 on May 12, 2017, 04:09:00 PM
Apples and pizza rolls, Luv, apples and pizza rolls. :-*

Is this some sort of riddle?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: ©StarrMountain® 2010 on May 12, 2017, 04:06:56 PM
How about Bacon-fisted?   Mmmmm, Bacon.  Heh, heh. ;) :-* ;D

We both know that this joke is primed for some pretty lewd outcomes...but I'm not going there.  ;)

P.S. Bacon is good though.  :)

starrmtn001

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 12, 2017, 04:10:38 PM
We both know that this joke is primed for some pretty lewd outcomes...but I'm not going there.  ;)

P.S. Bacon is good though.  :)
I'll be listening, I hope you will be too. :)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: ©StarrMountain® 2010 on May 12, 2017, 04:15:34 PM
I'll be listening, I hope you will be too. :)

Yeah, I'll probably check it out. I haven't listened to the Heather Wade In the Desert show in probably more than a year now. I guess I'll find out if all She's getting better comments are just marketing or not.  ;)

starrmtn001

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 12, 2017, 04:19:05 PM
Yeah, I'll probably check it out. I haven't listened to the Heather Wade In the Desert show in probably more than a year now. I guess I'll find out if all She's getting better comments are just marketing or not.  ;)
I hope you trust your own heart over the comments of critics or marketeers. ;)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: ©StarrMountain® 2010 on May 12, 2017, 04:22:50 PM
I hope you trust your own heart over the comments of critics or marketeers. ;)

Of course but my honest opinion of her as a host is not good. I thought she was very uncritical and often fawning of her guests and in general seemed a little too much like a believer rather than an explorer.  ;)

starrmtn001

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 12, 2017, 04:32:23 PM
Of course but my honest opinion of her as a host is not good. I thought she was very uncritical and often fawning of her guests and in general seemed a little too much like a believer rather than an explorer.  ;)
Okay.  It's a newbie mistake.  She was, after all, thrown into "the chair" without a moment's notice or any training of hosting a radio show.
I think she has improved quite a bit.  Please, let me know your views after tonight's show.  Thanks, Doc. ;)

Quote from: ©StarrMountain® 2010 on May 12, 2017, 05:18:54 PM
Okay.  It's a newbie mistake.  She was, after all, thrown into "the chair" without a moment's notice or any training of hosting a radio show.
I think she has improved quite a bit.  Please, let me know your views after tonight's show.  Thanks, Doc. ;)

Well..no, not really. The general opinion is she has been at the job for 18 months and seems to be taking the snow-clogged, muddy, up-hill patch to improving. It can't really be said she was "thrown into 'the chair' without a moment's notice". Art flaked and gave her the opportunity of...her lifetime anyway...to take up the lead. Circumstances didn't force her, God nor the Devil or Tiger Lily forced her hand. She made the choice herself.

Are you a feminist? Because it's a common mentality among those folks to think women can't make their choice and responsibilities.

jedimiller

I quit the art bell group on facebook and joined Heathers and Bryan Hayes.

Quote from: BelgianCarbonFibre on May 13, 2017, 02:18:29 AM
Well..no, not really. The general opinion is she has been at the job for 18 months and seems to be taking the snow-clogged, muddy, up-hill patch to improving. It can't really be said she was "thrown into 'the chair' without a moment's notice". Art flaked and gave her the opportunity of...her lifetime anyway...to take up the lead. Circumstances didn't force her, God nor the Devil or Tiger Lily forced her hand. She made the choice herself.

Are you a feminist? Because it's a common mentality among those folks to think women can't make their choice and responsibilities.
Your 'appeal to popularity' and 'Naturalistic Fallacy' ad feminam holds no merit.
It's blatantly obvious what happened between Art and Heather regarding Art's most recent return to broadcasting - and not a one of you have hit on it yet. (At least no one's posted correctly about it.) 

WildCard

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on May 14, 2017, 05:58:01 AM
Your 'appeal to popularity' and 'Naturalistic Fallacy' ad feminam holds no merit.
It's blatantly obvious what happened between Art and Heather regarding Art's most recent return to broadcasting - and not a one of you have hit on it yet. (At least no one's posted correctly about it.) 

tell us?

EarthAlien007

Quote from: jedimiller on May 14, 2017, 04:57:09 AM
I quit the art bell group on facebook and joined Heathers and Bryan Hayes.

That explains a lot.

Dr. MD MD

I tried to listen the Friday night when she had Dennis McKenna on because I'm a fan of he and his brother. I stuck it out for almost an hour but it just wasn't that interesting and I turned it off and did something else. I really wish she was the new Art Bell. It would be great to have one back on the air but, alas, I still wander in the radio desert, looking for an oasis.  :(

Tinfoil_Helm

Is Free Talk Live worse than Heather?  Might be.