• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

paladin1991

Quote from: cweb on May 01, 2018, 07:35:58 AM
They're starting the Mystic Stars Radio Network. Marquee show will be Tombstone Talk with Heather Wade. Looks like they have a strong lead-in too: Hairballs Pies n Such with Lasha.

paladin1991

Quote from: Commode on May 01, 2018, 07:39:06 AM
Hello. New user here/longtime lurker. Will Midnight In The Desert continue as a podcast, or has anyone heard if Keith is going to change the name/format with a new host? Thanks.

Fucking New Guys

bellNwhistle

Quote from: paladin1991 on May 01, 2018, 10:22:53 AM
Fucking New Guys

Often better than fucking old guys.. 
as someone is finding out.

IamNegan

Quote from: nooryisawesome on May 01, 2018, 09:54:41 AM
I am thinking the obvious replacement would be someone already on the network. Strieber? Shostak? the dude from where did the road go?

Oh, PuhLEASE!!! Not Strieber! He puts me to sleep faster than 10 roofies would! Shostak is a total tool, but Seriah is OK, as long as he can get that guy from Conspiranormal to get out of his ass long enough to do the show...

SciFiAuthor

Well that ended about as badly as it possibly could. I wish KR luck pulling something viable out of all this.

paladin1991

Quote from: brig on May 01, 2018, 08:34:52 AM
I think if Bateman, and MV alternated shows, they could fill in more than enough subscriptions IMO.

I know for a fact that MV would do it for diapers.  Adult size.  MV is always planning for the future.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: paladin1991 on May 01, 2018, 10:26:53 AM
I know for a fact that MV would do it for diapers.  Adult size.  MV is always planning for the future.
I'm sure he'll weigh in when he can. Considering his new hit song, 'Midnight in the Cuckshed' his options are wide open.  :)

IamNegan

Quote from: Juan on May 01, 2018, 09:49:25 AM
Heather is either a lunatic or very smart.
Lunatic - who the hell buys a house and quits her only job before the first payment is due?

Very smart - the show was tanking, she was making no money, she had house payments to make. She got a better offer to do something else. She saw her opportunity with the death of Art to get out of her contract while maintaining the argument that she was not at fault.

MV has said many times that he has no interest in most of the topics Art covered.

Juan, that's pretty much my exact reasoning behind the "conspiracy theories" I posted here last night.  I still think he gave her the new house as a gift so she could get out of making house payments...

Commode

MV is too defensive to be interesting for more than a few shows. The paranormal does not lend itself to uber-cynics. He's smart and has a decent radio voice, but you couldn't poke fun at him and make yourselves feel smart at his expense, and we all know that's what you love the most.

Commode

HumanBeing

Quote from: IamNegan on May 01, 2018, 10:25:47 AM
Oh, PuhLEASE!!! Not Strieber! He puts me to sleep faster than 10 roofies would! Shostak is a total tool, but Seriah is OK, as long as he can get that guy from Conspiranormal to get out of his ass long enough to do the show...

Someone earlier said it will likely be Tim from Spooky Southcoast.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: HumanBeing on May 01, 2018, 10:32:27 AM
I said that! But God knows how many times I've been wrong before. Also, do you ever notice how little people actually read what's been written before? lol

PABellFan

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on May 01, 2018, 09:19:52 AM
2602 pages to get to this point? Honestly? :o

Par for the course. This is so reminiscent of when Brian Williams was suspended from NBC and the thousands and thousands of pages of "will he be back or not?" postings over on WilliamsGab.com. Deja vu all over again.

paladin1991

Quote from: Commode on May 01, 2018, 09:49:31 AM
Possible! Art was asleep. Heather snuckith into the main compound like a horny ninja and sucked Art off in his sleep. Airyn walked in just as Art ejaculated and died! Heather leapt out of the window like a Sex-Sniper and ran across the dusty plain like a middle-aged Frankenstein, shoving her fingers into her mouth and then her vagina.

By the time Ayrin made it to the cuckshed to rip that bitches eyelashes out, Heather was putting the final knot on her beef curtains. "It's to late slant! I am with Artbaby! Part of the estate is mine!"

LMAO.  Oh Shit.

Commode

A lot of Gabs. Heather Wade on Poonjab.

paladin1991

Quote from: Commode on May 01, 2018, 09:59:35 AM
None of you can be the replacement. Art was not "ironic" like you guys are. You can't have a host that can not play the straight-man to the peanut galleries shouts. Art was intelligent, and self-aware, but lived by a broadcast code that intentionally left him open to criticism.

MV and bateman are too cynical to allow the audience their role. It would be too familiar and therefore uninteresting after a short while. They would quip wise to any criticism. They can't allow the dumb-asses to feel smart at their expense.

You know, Bateman and MV remind me vaguely (loveably) of Dennis Miller.  These catz are smart.  And so is their presentation.  It's no wonder you don't get it.

paladin1991

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 01, 2018, 10:05:59 AM
Why sell yourself short, Sir

Ah ha!  You win.  You are the only one who caught the joke within the (not) joke.

paladin1991

Quote from: Commode on May 01, 2018, 10:31:35 AM
Backed off, Jacked off, and fucked the other two! :)

* now, wide awake*

Taco Bell

I still have MV's newest smash hit stuck in my head.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: paladin1991 on May 01, 2018, 10:37:46 AM
Ah ha!  You win.  You are the only one who caught the joke within the (not) joke.

I was hoping you'd see the humor in what I posted, since I was appreciating yours.  :-*

paladin1991

Never even heard one 'cast.  Tim who?  I need to catch up 

IamNegan

Great choice!  I like Tim.  Here's one to throw into the ring: Adrian Lee from MQTA... I lmao every time I listen to that show!

Commode

This Tim guys looks like a Gay Bear and his sex name is "Cub Cadet."

ponyboysunset

Quote from: IamNegan on May 01, 2018, 10:44:02 AM
Great choice!  I like Tim.  Here's one to throw into the ring: Adrian Lee from MQTA... I lmao every time I listen to that show!
Me too regarding Tim. I have listened to him a long time. He posted here the other day so he already knows about bellgab. Half the battle there. LOL

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Commode on May 01, 2018, 10:45:05 AM
This Tim guys looks like a Gay Bear and his sex name is "Cub Cadet."
;D