• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20151030 - DEAD AIR - Live Show Chat Thread

Started by jazmunda, October 30, 2015, 08:54:42 PM

VtaGeezer

Quote from: ItsOver on October 31, 2015, 12:33:23 PM
Sound familiar?http://www.weirdfresno.com/2014/01/does-spirit-of-police-officer-haunt.html?m=1

http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=343

The dead cop giving a ticket was more suitable for "Truth or Trash" or just an urban legend.  A ticket?  So there's actual hard evidence?   Great.  Let's see it.
"Truth or Trash"!!  I'd forgotten!  I haven't heard Art mention doing it since coming back.  Hope he puts it on the menu in place of weak guests.

Rix Gins

Sound familiar?http://www.weirdfresno.com/2014/01/does-spirit-of-police-officer-haunt.html?m=1

http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=343

The dead cop giving a ticket was more suitable for "Truth or Trash" or just an urban legend.  A ticket?  So there's actual hard evidence?   Great.  Let's see it.

Tried to get this pic on the thread during Art's show but I was too slow on the draw. (He'd already moved on to another subject.)   But, what the hay, it's still Halloween.

GravitySucks

Quote from: VtaGeezer on October 31, 2015, 12:42:03 PM
"Truth or Trash"!!  I'd forgotten!  I haven't heard Art mention doing it since coming back.  Hope he puts it on the menu in place of weak guests.
He did it once back this summer

ShayP

Quote from: maureen on October 31, 2015, 12:02:47 PM
our house this week

Cool.  8)  Is that Vegemite on the table?  ;D  (....I actually like that stuff  ;) )

maureen

Quote from: ShayP on October 31, 2015, 01:40:53 PM
Cool.  8)  Is that Vegemite on the table?  ;D  (....I actually like that stuff  ;) )
yes. We offer things that our dead enjoyed in life... Vegemite, booze, smokes, chocolate, fruit, whatever. The essentials are bread, water, salt, candles, and incence. It is placed on three levels: the underworld, the terrestrial, and the spiritual.
glad you liked it  ;)

Yeah, the guy re-telling the ghost cop urban legend last night flubbed it and had an annoying habit of doing a tongue click/lip smack while speaking that made it tough to listen.

ItsOver

Quote from: maureen on October 31, 2015, 01:57:39 PM
yes. We offer things that our dead enjoyed in life... Vegemite, booze, smokes, chocolate, fruit, whatever. The essentials are bread, water, salt, candles, and incence. It is placed on three levels: the underworld, the terrestrial, and the spiritual.
glad you liked it  ;)
I'm not sure what level BellGab should be at, but I'll need that on the other side.  A high-speed hook-up, too.  You just never know when MV might do away with the ignore feature just to screw with the dead.

Ms. C

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on October 31, 2015, 12:28:12 AM

Such a sweet looking nice young lady...

NOT

Dayum, I forgot about that movie ...

Excellent dead air show!  And I also love all the GIFS posted in this thread ... thanks everyone!  Someday I'll be awake to listen to show live ... kinda sucks to be in Michigan and on Eastern Time, but happy to be a Time Traveler  ...

Enjoy Halloween night everyone ...

maureen

Quote from: ItsOver on October 31, 2015, 03:18:33 PM
I'm not sure what level BellGab should be at, but I'll need that on the other side.  A high-speed hook-up, too.  You just never know when MV might do away with the ignore feature just to screw with the dead.
the marvel of BellGab is that it exists on all three levels... and MV just might! ;D

pyewacket

Quote from: maureen on October 31, 2015, 12:02:47 PM
our house this week

Lovely tradition, Maureen- thank you for sharing with us.  :)

Art I hope you ask the Blair witch to call in tonight, please.

Gumby, Dammit

Quote from: maureen on October 31, 2015, 01:57:39 PM
yes. We offer things that our dead enjoyed in life... Vegemite, booze, smokes, chocolate, fruit, whatever. The essentials are bread, water, salt, candles, and incense. It is placed on three levels: the underworld, the terrestrial, and the spiritual.
glad you liked it  ;)
What about shrooms, DMT, cannabis, whatever offerings? Puh-lease.

Gumby, Dammit

Quote from: maureen on October 31, 2015, 04:29:13 PM
the marvel of BellGab is that it exists on all three levels... and MV just might! ;D
There are more than just three for those who can see.

Gumby, Dammit

Quote from: Rix Gins on October 31, 2015, 12:58:37 PM
Tried to get this pic on the thread during Art's show but I was too slow on the draw. (He'd already moved on to another subject.)   But, what the hay, it's still Halloween.

Jesus creepin' shit! Barney Fife and the KKK! Holy Mother of Fuck!
Hey, aint that Andy Friggin Taylor there on the right with his fist up Helen Krump's wazoo??
Where's Gomer Pyle? We'll settle for Goober around here.
Aint Bee take that shot? Otis was on the elevator? Good God man.

Lil Godzilla

I was hoping JC would have called in...seemed like perfect fodder for that guy

WOTR

Quote from: starrmtn001 on October 31, 2015, 01:09:35 AM
Here is a YouTube clip of the earth cracking near Yellowstone that Amy was speaking of during the news segment.

Huge Crack in the Earth Opens Up East of Yellowstone Caldera by Big Horn Mountains

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DF4w7O46-7w
On, man.  "I don't know what caused this..." but be afraid.  Be very afraid.

"Some people say it looks like erosion.  I think it looks like the earth was torn apart."  Nice to have a professional geologists opinion on the matter.

***I am not making fun of your posting the video- I get that it was just showing what Amy was talking about.  But videos like that make it painfully obvious that there are a lot of people with absolutely no expertise posting on youtube as experts...

Just listened to the show, and it was good. Didn't buy the cop with the ticket, sounds like an urban legend, but the second ghost story about the old woman who was killed by the car struck just the right note. Barbara's EVPs were good, some remarkably clear. The baby sounded like it was fussing and getting ready to cry and then something or someone made it laugh.

JamesMcDonald

Here is a YouTube clip of the earth cracking near Yellowstone that Amy was speaking of during the news segment.

Huge Crack in the Earth Opens Up East of Yellowstone Caldera by Big Horn Mountains

Not such a big deal in a part of the world that experiences 1,000 to 3,000 earthquakes every year.

And anything posted by DAHBOO777 I take with a truck load of salt.

Gruntled

Quote from: dortmunder on October 30, 2015, 11:02:43 PM
Did anyone else just hear a third female voice come in while Barb was talking? Is Art messing with us?
Yeah, I heard it.
I thought it was Barbs "friend"
Good show.

Mastodonkey

Thought it was a pretty boring show. especially those mind-numbing EVPs, think I would've rather Art just had a guest on regarding the origins of Halloween, or some expert on the occult or just something else

b_dubb

I think Team Art Bell knocked Halloween out of the park.

ItsOver

Quote from: b_dubb on November 02, 2015, 03:28:33 PM
I think Team Art Bell knocked Halloween out of the park.
Same here.  I just wish somebody with a technical background would get involved with the EVP's and do more than what has been done to date.  I know GIS tried in the past to set-up a system to attempt more than just one-off recordings but I'd think somebody with some electronics expertise could rig-up a system to get something closer to real time pick-ups and then attempt an exchange.  We've been hearing one-off recordings for years and if there's really anything to the phenomenon, it's time for a little more in depth effort.

ziznak

Quote from: ItsOver on November 02, 2015, 03:41:05 PM
Same here.  I just wish somebody with a technical background would get involved with the EVP's and do more than what has been done to date.  I know GIS tried in the past to set-up a system to attempt more than just one-off recordings but I'd think somebody with some electronics expertise could rig-up a system to get something closer to real time pick-ups and then attempt an exchange.  We've been hearing one-off recordings for years and if there's really anything to the phenomenon, it's time for a little more in depth effort.
I don't think there's anything that can be done for some of us in regards to EVP's.  To me there's really just no way I would ever trust one unless I was there when it was recorded and EVEN then... I'd still think that maybe something was done in the background to maybe splice some random audio into the clip when it was loaded up.  I listen to them and all I can think is there's no way to say for sure that this or that sound was or was not present or that we are just hearing somebodies shirt rub against the mic.  I always picture the guy recorder kinda hunkered down in a hallway with his kid while he's giving the lil guy the thumbs up to pretend he's crying or queue whatever desired sound... ehhhck

Just Me

Mars has that cracked look to.

Another one opened up in Michigan by the Marinette Wisconsin state line a few years ago