• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20151026 - Dr. Michael Lynch – The Ghost Phenomenon - Live Show Chat Thread

Started by jazmunda, October 26, 2015, 04:57:57 PM

GravitySucks

Quote from: Robert on October 26, 2015, 11:24:22 PM
Sure, but if it was revolution that interposed the objects, it could be a ring of them that for some reason had a periodic pattern.  However, more likely it's a single object that's rotating "in place", i.e. not changing its apparent position relative to the star's.

... One last try. If there was something closer occluding this star, then it would be occluding other stars as well. This is the only one that has been observed.

TigerLily

Quote from: Étouffée on October 26, 2015, 11:24:52 PM
NPR had an HP Lovecraft "Celebration" on Sunday; nothing groundbreaking, but some interesting bits: here's the podcast-- 
http://podcast.wpr.org/tbk/tbk151025a.mp3?downloadId=5508fc0ee90ba1a5_v2A4popj_0000000tpTr
Thanks, etouffee Love Lovecraft and I must admit before Art came back I used to listen to a lot of NPR at night

Quote from: coaster on October 26, 2015, 11:35:03 PM
Dispatch said they have had three calls. I don't think they are checking the right place. But now theres a house fire a mile or so away so thats all I'm hearing.
Edit. "Garage fully on fire". Maybe I heard an explosion. Hmm..
Maybe whoever owns the garage keeps some ammo out there.

TigerLily

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 26, 2015, 11:38:00 PM
... One last try. If there was something closer occluding this star, then it would be occluding other stars as well. This is the only one that has been observed.
Keep trying. I'm fascinated and learning stuff too

Weirdoradio

Quote from: henge0stone on October 26, 2015, 11:37:54 PM
the guest needs to talk about stuff that happened during investigations instead of completely unfounded ideas about the universe. Stick to, I investigated this house and this happened, not what you think the universe is all about.

Ah I dunno about that.
I myself never found myself wondering about the emotional wellbeing of orbs and ghosts but after tonight I will be fixated upon that with every new site I enter.

Kolchak

No such thing as zillion, it was metaphorical...yet he specified "200 zillion"? Why?

coaster

Quote from: guildnavigator on October 26, 2015, 11:38:00 PM
Sounds like someone was making some butane hash
New call came in with someone reporting another gun shot. Cop was a block away and reported it was a firework. Back to dust ghost guy.

GravitySucks

Quote from: TigerLily on October 26, 2015, 11:39:14 PM
Keep trying. I'm fascinated and learning stuff too
LOL. I am making my own head hurt.

Now I have to go to Nome with some Orange paint to prove my hypothesis.

flimflam384

Quote from: Kolchak on October 26, 2015, 11:39:48 PM
No such thing as zillion, it was metaphorical...yet he specified "200 zillion"? Why?

Exactly, he's quantifying an unquantifiable.

Weirdoradio

The elderly must love this guy. He seems to take a lot of different tours. Must be a riot at amusement parks.

"THAT ROLLERCOASTER IS HAUNTED BY THE GHOSTS OF NEARBY DEAD SAILORS."

trostol

so..i was so enthralled with the guest i went and showered and return to find he is still here