• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20151022 - Douglas Mulhall – Nanotechnology - Live Show Chat Thread

Started by jazmunda, October 22, 2015, 08:28:51 PM

Weirdoradio

Quote from: trostol on October 22, 2015, 11:52:10 PM
we really need an upbeat show for a change lol

Open Lines tomorrow.

I'm hoping Art opens up 'So who do you think shot at me?' line and people can make their best guests. Art will have a dry erase board that he will update live via Periscope.

A (demented) man can dream.

Quote from: Weirdoradio on October 22, 2015, 11:52:57 PM
Open Lines tomorrow.

I'm hoping Art opens up 'So who do you think shot at me?' line and people can make their best guests. Art will have a dry erase board that he will update live via Periscope.

A (demented) man can dream.

There could be legal issues with doing such a thing.

jazmunda

Quote from: trostol on October 22, 2015, 11:52:10 PM
we really need an upbeat show for a change lol

I thought tonight was going to be such a show. Now I'm hiding in a closet from the nanites.

Gumby, Dammit

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on October 22, 2015, 11:51:16 PM
Sort of and the same guy. Von Neumann conceived of both the von Neumann probe, which is applicable both technologically and nanotechnologically, but he also conceived that there would come a point where technological advancement would hit a singularity. We are almost certainly less than 50 years from the singularity due to the advent of superintelligence, either through a superintelligent computer or augmenting the human brain.

Things get interesting when you can make yourself smarter through technology.
See, this all started with the Streeber Probe. Before that it was Arthur C. and his imaginary satellites. I mean WTF?

Claudius

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on October 22, 2015, 11:52:04 PM
The first transhumans at work will be the CIA-on their own employees, to monitor their own employees.
haha, CI departments government wide will be thrilled.

Weirdoradio

Quote from: Darth Sandra on October 22, 2015, 11:53:30 PM
There could be legal issues with doing such a thing.

Well, of course.

I was being facetious. I'd highly doubt such a line would be a good idea in most ways practically-speaking.

Gumby, Dammit

Quote from: jazmunda on October 22, 2015, 11:53:51 PM
I thought tonight was going to be such a show. Now I'm hiding in a closet from the nanites.
In the closet?
Sheeeeit. That'll work.

Quote from: Weirdoradio on October 22, 2015, 11:54:58 PM
Well, of course.

I was being facetious. I'd highly doubt such a line would be a good idea in most ways practically-speaking.

It'd be great radio though!

Gumby, Dammit

Quote from: RoseGirl on October 22, 2015, 11:55:27 PM
yum....hate the cold headache though. So annoying.
Putting your head in the oven works. No more headache. Works fast. Used to do it as a kid. Now I'm green.

Weirdoradio

Quote from: Darth Sandra on October 22, 2015, 11:56:19 PM
It'd be great radio though!

Either way I look forward to faux JC expounding upon what the bullets mean in the grander scheme of things tomorrow night. He for sure has his own ideas as to why this happened.

starrmtn001

Ok my Fellow Gabbers, I'm off to bed.  Have a good night everyone, except Jazmunda.  Have a good AFTERNOON Jaz.  ;D

Quote from: Weirdoradio on October 22, 2015, 11:57:17 PM
Either way I look forward to faux JC expounding upon what the bullets mean in the grander scheme of things tomorrow night. He for sure has his own ideas as to why this happened.

I love open lines. Even more since all of the guests/topics of Art's show have been rather dry, boring and fear based. It's just a giant recycling instead of anything new. I feel as though open lines is the only time I can hear Art be fun and the topics are fun and diverse.

Quote from: starrmtn001 on October 23, 2015, 12:00:09 AM
Ok my Fellow Gabbers, I'm off to bed.  Have a good night everyone, except Jazmunda.  Have a good AFTERNOON Jaz.  ;D

Goodnight, starrmtn

inuk2600

We are almost certainly less than 50 years from the singularity due to the advent of superintelligence, either through a superintelligent computer or augmenting the human brain.

The human intelligence raised directly through technology will only be modest within the next 50 years because of the many layers of complex interdependent negative feedback systems in the brain. There's too many factors to be balanced for it to be consistently successful. They will discover all manner of ways to drive people insane though.

Zenman

Quote from: jazmunda on October 22, 2015, 11:53:51 PM

Lol. I'm thinking duct tape is probably the best defense.

Weirdoradio

Alright I promised myself I'd go to bed like 90 minutes ago.
Off I go so I can wake up refreshed for OPEN LINES.

I'm gonna suggest to all that we take back braaaps as our good evening greeting away from the bolo-wearer.
So a good braaaps to you all.

Claudius

My face every time someone starts talking about Morgellons disease

Gumby, Dammit

Quote from: Claudius on October 23, 2015, 12:05:18 AM
My face every time someone starts talking about Morgellons disease

Jesus. No shit, man. Heard recently that Joni Mitchell suffers from it.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: inuk2600 on October 23, 2015, 12:01:51 AM
The human intelligence raised directly through technology will only be modest within the next 50 years because of the many layers of complex interdependent negative feedback systems in the brain. There's too many factors to be balanced for it to be consistently successful. They will discover all manner of ways to drive people insane though.

I suspect not, but may be wrong. As it stands now, it seems like the human brain might be more adaptable to technological implanting than we might have thought five years ago. It seems to be able to adapt itself to technology rather than the other way around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVMDHCnT-d4

That is in fact a direct brain to computer interface accomplishing that.

inuk2600

We are almost certainly less than 50 years from the singularity due to the advent of superintelligence, either through a superintelligent computer or augmenting the human brain.

I agree that super intelligent computers will be required to unlock true superhuman intelligence.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: inuk2600 on October 23, 2015, 12:08:09 AM
I agree that super intelligent computers will be required to unlock true superhuman intelligence.

So long as we can control them.