• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20151022 - Douglas Mulhall – Nanotechnology - Live Show Chat Thread

Started by jazmunda, October 22, 2015, 08:28:51 PM

Sean92008

If I recall Mulhall's show ages ago, he was wide-eyed and speculating...  Now it is here...  Nice.

zeebo

Quote from: Art Crow on October 22, 2015, 11:36:32 PM
which  Circle of Hell it is where people start youtubing Weird Al

One above the 'glam rock' level.

Weirdoradio

Quote from: Claudius on October 22, 2015, 11:38:55 PM
The world would be a better place if this happened to that ship while at sea.

With the number of anti-vaccine activists on the boat I think the bigger irony would be the introduction of some form of illness that would otherwise not be an issue on land.

Claudius

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on October 22, 2015, 11:38:55 PM
FTFY

If you really feel as though those who do become rich are "stealing" then you have totally lost your sense of rationality when it comes to economics. Sure some people employ shady means to make money, but to call someone who works hard and is very successful basically a criminal is somewhat sad.

coaster

Weird al is annoying as hell. I never understood it. He's as bad as that ufo phil fella.

RoseGirl

could you, like, um.....like.....throw some smart dust in the air and ...oh I don't know....control a crowd???

just sayin

trostol

Quote from: coaster on October 22, 2015, 11:42:12 PM
Weird al is annoying as hell. I never understood it. He's as bad as that ufo phil fella.

they arent even in the same league lol

WOTR

Quote from: Art Crow on October 22, 2015, 11:40:11 PM
I guess 'cause I'm not an adolescent  ?
I'm going to have to guess that a grey surgically removed your sense of humour.  I have never outgrown the man... Also, I am white and nerdy...  (your'e welcome.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9qYF9DZPdw

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: RoseGirl on October 22, 2015, 11:42:23 PM
could you, like, um.....like.....throw some smart dust in the air and ...oh I don't know....control a crowd???

just sayin

Yes you could. If you made it even smaller you could make it into a smart fuel air explosive that can automatically detect subversive speech.

Gumby, Dammit

just sayin
Depends on who's smarter, you or the crowd.

Catsmile

Quote from: Gumby, Dammit on October 22, 2015, 11:40:49 PM
Meh. Just ignore it.

If only the erudite folks around here who smell their own farts could do that... sigh.

Art

I'm confused -- are our new overlords going to be nanites or aliens from KIC 846285 ? 

Claudius

just sayin
The main concept behind smart dust is essentially an almost infinite amount of "eyes and ears" in whatever area it is spread it. It's beyond our means right now, but it's certainly not out of the realm of possibility.

GravitySucks

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on October 22, 2015, 11:38:55 PM
FTFY
To paraphrase a guy named Dan who posted on another thread:

Ok, will you show me on this doll where the capitalist hurt you?

SciFiAuthor

I have an issue with this guy attributing the Singularity to Vinge. It was actually conceived by John von Neumann.

WOTR

Quote from: trostol on October 22, 2015, 11:40:53 PM
think my fave Weird Al song is

I'm worried that we were both thinking the same thing at around the same time...  Also, Amish paradise was great.

trostol

Quote from: WOTR on October 22, 2015, 11:45:57 PM
I'm worried that we were both thinking the same thing at around the same time...  Also, Amish paradise was great.

lol it was..i also kind of like Tacky