• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20151006 - Prof. Ronald Mallett - Time Travel - Live Show Chat Thread

Started by MV/Liberace!, October 06, 2015, 08:01:38 PM

bateman

Quote from: albrecht on October 06, 2015, 10:43:47 PM
You need to check out estate sales and get inside-tips when the old coots die off (alumni newsletters and bridge-club lists) and look out for professors or those associated with government work (UN, US AIDE, State Dept, World Bank, etc.)

Oh there's plenty of them on sites like Etsy, but I wanted a custom one.  :(

https://www.etsy.com/market/mens_smoking_jacket

Dyna-X

Quote from: zeebo on October 06, 2015, 10:38:29 PM
We need to bring those silk smoking jackets back.  Maybe we can get an official OSOM styling.

Zeebo!!

norland2424

Quote from: albrecht on October 06, 2015, 10:43:47 PM
You need to check out estate sales and get inside-tips when the old coots die off (alumni newsletters and bridge-club lists) and look out for professors or those associated with government work (UN, US AIDE, State Dept, World Bank, etc.)

me and a friend got into going to estate sales earlier in the year, we have a found alot of good stuff

WhiteCrow

Quote from: zeebo on October 06, 2015, 10:38:29 PM
We need to bring those silk smoking jackets back.  Maybe we can get an official OSOM styling.

I'm old enough to remember when Hugh Hefner wore a silk smoking jacket in his late night TV program. Lol haven't thought of that show in a very long time... Watched it to see the cute bunnies..

Hmmmm nothing changes.. Need picture girls ;)

munbeam666

Quote from: aldousburbank on October 06, 2015, 10:29:44 PM
It's like my friend finding a little bag of dried Psilocybe cubensis mushrooms in my spice cabinet the other day. I honestly don't know how that got there.  ???
would you share?

PrairieGhost

Quote from: maren on October 06, 2015, 10:43:08 PM
It appears everybody is in fine form -- and you?  Hope you get your pc behaving.

I am well! Thank you for asking.

maren

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 06, 2015, 10:40:51 PM
No spells book but I do have a Bose bluetooth speaker on my headboard.

I just IMDB'd the Bruce Willis movie you mentioned (hadn't heard of it).  Interesting concept.  Did you see it?  If so, thumbs up or thumbs down?

GravitySucks

So, noone has seen the time travel movie with Bruce Willis called Looper?

GravitySucks

Quote from: maren on October 06, 2015, 10:46:52 PM
I just IMDB'd the Bruce Willis movie you mentioned (hadn't heard of it).  Interesting concept.  Did you see it?  If so, thumbs up or thumbs down?
Thumbs up but pretty bizarre. Kinda made my head hurt thinking about it afterwards.

aldousburbank

I'm only still awake because I'm amped from being tired. And this dude and Art are making so much sense that I can't understand what they're talking about. This leaves me so confused that it all makes sense. Anybody have some popcorn? I'm hungry.

RoseGirl

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 06, 2015, 10:47:06 PM

Can't stand Bruce Willis, don't know why...just can't.

maren

Quote from: zeebo on October 06, 2015, 10:46:42 PM
I'm ... speechless.  (Stealing for possible future avatar use.)

Haha!  You totally should! 

trostol

Quote from: RoseGirl on October 06, 2015, 10:49:04 PM
Can't stand Bruce Willis, don't know why...just can't.

me too..except replace Bruce with matthew mcconaughey

norland2424

i have, its a good movie

Quote from: aldousburbank on October 06, 2015, 10:49:00 PM
I'm only still awake because I'm amped from being tired. And this dude and Art are making so much sense that I can't understand what they're talking about. This leaves me so confused that it all makes sense. Anybody have some popcorn? I'm hungry.

You're confusing me to the point that I understand you perfectly.

Hautex

LOved it, but you cannot miss a second if following the movie matters

GravitySucks

But thinking about time travel usually makes my head hurt because of all the paradoxes and the butterfly effect.

The number of alternate timelines would grow astronomically with each trip backwards in time. If we can ever do it, I hope we find out we can only go into the future and not be able to return.

RoseGirl

Quote from: trostol on October 06, 2015, 10:50:04 PM
me too..except replace Bruce with matthew mcconaughey

gotta agree with that...mcconaghey is ...well....very mcconaghey-ish. Have you seen those new car commercials he's done....omg....you could shoot the tv.

zeebo

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 06, 2015, 10:51:50 PM
But thinking about time travel usually makes my head hurt because of all the paradoxes and the butterfly effect. ...

I just saw the Langoliers again.  I ain't goin back man.

trostol

Quote from: RoseGirl on October 06, 2015, 10:52:32 PM
gotta agree with that...mcconaghey is ...well....very mcconaghey-ish. Have you seen those new car commercials he's done....omg....you could shoot the tv.

indeed...he just..annoys me lol

aldousburbank

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 06, 2015, 10:51:50 PM
But thinking about time travel usually makes my head hurt because of all the paradoxes and the butterfly effect.
The butterfly effect is when they come after you with a net?

coaster

I've heard all of this before, but I still find it fascinating.  I love time travel shows.

Dyna-X

Quote from: aldousburbank on October 06, 2015, 10:49:00 PM

You're right I'm going to listen again to this again tomorrow, running on leftover nervous energy here. Popcorn and coffee time.