• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20151006 - Prof. Ronald Mallett - Time Travel - Live Show Chat Thread

Started by MV/Liberace!, October 06, 2015, 08:01:38 PM

WhiteCrow

Quote from: chefist on October 06, 2015, 10:55:18 PM
My girlfriend just texted me that while out for drinks while away on business tonight,  a Catholic Cardinal just invited her to an Irish bar! LOL  ;D

I've been out with Cardinal Dolan of New York when he was a Bishop in Milwaukee,  He's very fun and knows tons of jokes.

zeebo

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 06, 2015, 11:04:42 PM
Never seen it but just reading the plot made my head hurt. Bad. Thanks. 😎

Haha somewhere there's a graphic that plots it all, kinda like someone did for Inception.

gx2music

Great show.  Art is seriously interested in this stuff.  And we're along for the ride. 

GravitySucks

Quote from: boxman on October 06, 2015, 11:03:17 PM
I dont get why people keep using tunein when it has had issues since pretty much day 1. The stream on darkmatter site actually works really well and should work with all platforms.
I haven't had an issue on my iphone in months and I like the sleep timer.

trostol

Quote from: Dyna-X on October 06, 2015, 11:01:26 PM
The coffee first, that will give me enough get up and go to start the popcorn.  Its not like I'm having pickles and ice cream :)

ha ha ha

trostol

Quote from: boxman on October 06, 2015, 11:03:17 PM
I dont get why people keep using tunein when it has had issues since pretty much day 1. The stream on darkmatter site actually works really well and should work with all platforms.

havent had any issues with tunein on my pc in a long time

GravitySucks

Quote from: zeebo on October 06, 2015, 11:05:38 PM
Haha somewhere there's a graphic that plots it all, kinda like someone did for Inception.
Yeah. Saw that.

Donald Noory

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 06, 2015, 11:04:42 PM
Never seen it but just reading the plot made my head hurt. Bad. Thanks. 😎

You might like Predestination with Ethan Hawke, it's a weird take on time travel.

I've heard this guy interviewed a couple of times over the years, but I have no idea how he plans to get enough energy into his lasers to have any sort of effect.

zeebo

Quote from: Donald Noory on October 06, 2015, 11:07:20 PM
You might like Predestination with Ethan Hawke, it's a weird take on time travel.

I'm meaning to see that .. I think it's based on a PKD or Heinlein story, can't remember which.

trostol

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on October 06, 2015, 11:08:35 PM
I've heard this guy interviewed a couple of times over the years, but I have no idea how he plans to get enough energy into his lasers to have any sort of effect.

sharks

chefist

I really liked that movie...

albrecht

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on October 06, 2015, 10:59:39 PM
That's the essence of statistical sciences like thermodynamics or quantum physics.
There you go again  ;) What with the "statistics" and probabilistic stuff. I still will contend, for sake of fun at least, that if that is the case than "science," in a way, is still a belief system (albeit a more precise or codified one.) Find a problem- or gap- than readjust "round-off" or, better yet, more "particles*" Kidding but....
*http://tinyurl.com/nnx5z4x

Donald Noory

Quote from: zeebo on October 06, 2015, 11:08:48 PM
I'm meaning to see that .. I think it's based on a PKD or Heinlein story, can't remember which.

Heinlein.

jazmunda

Been meaning to check this one out.

I'm going to go back in time and rap his knuckles every time he says "is is that."

zeebo

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on October 06, 2015, 11:08:35 PM

Also, I think I heard him once say that you could never go back farther than the moment you invented the time machine.  So to really do it you have to find an ET civilization that already created a time machine many years ago, and steal it. 

WanagoBleu

Quote from: albrecht on October 06, 2015, 10:55:40 PM
LOTSA skipping on TuneIn.  :(
At least on mine.
im doing ok with it on my Droid tonight......maybe it will smooth out....

Mild Bill

Saw it recently, interesting flick.