• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20151005 - Tess Gerritsen - Author - Live Show Chat Thread

Started by jazmunda, October 05, 2015, 04:32:03 PM

Donald Noory

What picture of Art did Leo Ashcraft post on his webpage? I saw something about Art saying whatever it was so photo-shopped, but didn't see the picture. Anyone know what he was talking about?

norland2424

Quote from: Donald Noory on October 05, 2015, 11:34:15 PM
What picture of Art did Leo Ashcraft post on his webpage? I saw something about Art saying whatever it was so photo-shopped, but didn't see the picture. Anyone know what he was talking about?

pic of art with a Photoshopped middle finger

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Donald Noory on October 05, 2015, 11:20:41 PM
No actually, you're wrong. Half the people in Los Angeles have had a script for ages, and the agent system has been around for ages too. You're argument doesn't make sense. And they still read slush at some publishers too. Tor takes slush, one of the biggest sci-fi/fantasy publishers. As for fiilms, Amazon isn't that big of a player in the industry. You're overstating their position. Production companies started to get really paranoid about being sued after Cameron and several others were sued (rightly or wrongly). Most prodcos are so paranoid about being sued that they will try to have their legal dept state that your query was deleted and not even read, because they are worried about similar script ideas.

I never said the agent system was recent, it's been that way since the 50's because of the numbers of submissions.  Your making it out be a product of the lawsuits. It wasn't. As far as Amazon goes, they will be a big player because they're willing to take risks. I watched them completely fuck publishing in ways you can't imagine. Publishers react to Amazon now, look at Tor's short fiction push. Hollywood is risk averse and that's going to continue to hurt them.

There are quite a few prodcos that still accept submissions. The big ones however do not, and it's not because of lawsuits. It's because they need to filter out the 99% of screenplays that come in that are terrible.

maren

Goodnight, kids!! 

Once again, give my love to The Sultan of  Braap. 

Lowquay

Leo can't pronounce anything and Amy is a vocal fry nightmare.

NEXT!

Coz

Two things I enjoy about staying up to listen:

Oronico Flow

And "Raging in the night"

Alienmojo

Loved the commercial for Hoagie. Almost made him sound rational and sane.

Barfly

Quote from: Donald Noory on October 05, 2015, 11:34:15 PM
Nobody cared about Leo Ashcraft before he came to Arts network and now people will care less, he will fade away and work for a station in bum fuk.
His podcast will fail, what a idiot

chefist

Barfly

Quote from: maren on October 05, 2015, 11:35:16 PM
Goodnight, kids!! 

Once again, give my love to The Sultan of  Braap.
Gnight maren , you gave me some smiles tonight

Donald Noory

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on October 05, 2015, 11:35:13 PM
I never said the agent system was recent, it's been that way since the 50's because of the numbers of submissions.  Your making it out be a product of the lawsuits. It wasn't. As far as Amazon goes, they will be a big player because they're willing to take risks. I watched them completely fuck publishing in ways you can't imagine. Publishers react to Amazon now, look at Tor's short fiction push. Hollywood is risk averse and that's going to continue to hurt them.

There are quite a few prodcos that still accept submissions. The big ones however do not, and it's not because of lawsuits. It's because they need to filter out the 99% of screenplays that come in that are terrible.

Are you in the movie industry? I've spoken to people who work for fairly large production companies and that is what they've told me. And I've seen it myself. And I know which prodcos take submissions, and it's hardly any nowadays. Even less than a few years ago. And you're wrong about the big ones not taking them at all. Once in a while they do. I've had scripts read by prodcos who work with Sony, and I don't have any kind of "in".

Sean92008

I hate this Man Comes Around tune...

I fart better lyrics.

Juan Cena

Did Art or Tess mention that her works are the basis for the Rizoli and Isles TV series?

Barfly

Quote from: chefist on October 05, 2015, 11:38:53 PM
No, just ones you don't want to talk to afterwards.
Lets be real, thats ALL of them!
I had a shirt made that plainly says
I dont cuddle

chad2wycked

The news sounds fine without what's his name. Go figure ::)