• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20151005 - Tess Gerritsen - Author - Live Show Chat Thread

Started by jazmunda, October 05, 2015, 04:32:03 PM

Barfly

Quote from: Alienmojo on October 06, 2015, 12:54:20 AM
Ok... here is a real stupid question. Does Art take phone calls anymore? or is it just Skype?
Both, sometimes special numbers for certain topics

Rocky4228

Quote from: coaster on October 06, 2015, 12:54:42 AM
Like a backfire? The human body is bullshit.
Yep.  I think it involves squeezing things in a specific way.  Sounded terrible.

RoseGirl

oooh....I hear Crystal a croonin.....time for braaps, kids

Alienmojo

Art's ultimate fantasy... a threesome with Crystal and Tess. ;)

Catsmile

Shocked to find out Jaz isn't blood related to his wife.
SHOCKED I TELL YA.
Ain't it a law or something you have to marry blood downunder?

OH LOOK A DROP BEA....... OOOF!

nextgen.fm

Sounds so good ahhhh. Ok

I am ready for Richard ....I think

Alienmojo

Quote from: Barfly on October 06, 2015, 12:55:56 AM
Both, sometimes special numbers for certain topics
Good. I want to hear some truck drivers call in. :)

chinaclipper

Quote from: jazmunda on October 06, 2015, 12:55:05 AM
I do it all the time and have had more success the more times I do it. It might be nothing but I can always get my wife's attention from across a crowded room with just a thought. I wish I could monetize this shitty super power.

exactly! useful with kids and at cocktail parties.

Definitely among my favorite MITD episodes and I think Tess is my favorite Art Bell guest of all time.

jazmunda

Quote from: coaster on October 06, 2015, 12:56:17 AM
Great show tonight. Tess needs to be on again.

Most definitely. I wanted to suggest that she comes back on with a Creepy Medical Tales show. The one she did back in the day was awesome.

chefist

Quote from: VoteQuimby on October 06, 2015, 12:57:08 AM
Definitely among my favorite MITD episodes and I think Tess is my favorite Art Bell guest of all time.

She could guest host

jazmunda

Quote from: Catsmile on October 06, 2015, 12:56:24 AM
Shocked to find out Jaz isn't blood related to his wife.
SHOCKED I TELL YA.
Ain't it a law or something you have to marry blood downunder?

OH LOOK A DROP BEA....... OOOF!

Well there is no documented proof.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: jazmunda on October 06, 2015, 12:57:43 AM
Most definitely. I wanted to suggest that she comes back on with a Creepy Medical Tales show. The one she did back in the day was awesome.

I remember that specifically from her, that was a true classic.

Gumby, Dammit

Quote from: Barfly on October 05, 2015, 10:03:42 PM
I hear she was good in bed, did you like her?
ukfay, arflybay, uthermay uzway uftupkay. illholeday.

CornyCrow

Quote from: Sean92008 on October 05, 2015, 11:40:34 PM
I hate this Man Comes Around tune...

I fart better lyrics.
You're right.  It's a song that tries to make people frightened and it's based on sheer bull crap.  I turn it off when I hear it.  It's a shame that some people believe this stuff.  I would not be surprised that some did not sing it in churches. 

indigoo

This is hands down my favorite episode. Love the topic of the Occult and Hollywood. Need more, seriously.

Quote from: indigoo on October 06, 2015, 07:47:17 AM
This is hands down my favorite episode. Love the topic of the Occult and Hollywood. Need more, seriously.

Here is one I read recently:
"GEORGE ZUCCO. This wonderful character actor, the perfect High Priest of Satanic Atlantis, he of the disturbing glassy eyes, and quick, disconcerting gestures and cat-purr voice, ended his days in the lunatic asylum, after he began believing he was the crazed villains Monogram and PRC kept paying him to play. The High Priest of Mu/Egypt/Atlantis was led away by the fellas in the white coats, dressed to the nines in borrowed Monogram bogeyman finery.
George's faithful wife and daughter moved into the asylum with him, hoping their presence would restore his grasp on reality. Quite the contrary. George Zucco slipped away in the Atlantic fogbanks, finally, one midnight dreary, working himself into a paroxysm of  fear and  loathing,  screaming he was being stalked by the  Great God Cthulu!
George Zucco died in the madhouse, from fright. The following midnight Mrs. Zucco and daughter, unable to live without their meal ticket unable to face life in Tinseltown without George, joined him in death."

From Hollywood Babylon by Kenneth Anger
(they didn't commit suicide-the widow was still doing interviews years after)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Zucco

b_dubb

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on October 06, 2015, 09:00:20 AM
Here is one I read recently:
"GEORGE ZUCCO. This wonderful character actor, the perfect High Priest of Satanic Atlantis, he of the disturbing glassy eyes, and quick, disconcerting gestures and cat-purr voice, ended his days in the lunatic asylum, after he began believing he was the crazed villains Monogram and PRC kept paying him to play. The High Priest of Mu/Egypt/Atlantis was led away by the fellas in the white coats, dressed to the nines in borrowed Monogram bogeyman finery.
George's faithful wife and daughter moved into the asylum with him, hoping their presence would restore his grasp on reality. Quite the contrary. George Zucco slipped away in the Atlantic fogbanks, finally, one midnight dreary, working himself into a paroxysm of  fear and  loathing,  screaming he was being stalked by the  Great God Cthulu!
George Zucco died in the madhouse, from fright. The following midnight Mrs. Zucco and daughter, unable to live without their meal ticket unable to face life in Tinseltown without George, joined him in death."

From Hollywood Babylon by Kenneth Anger
(they didn't commit suicide-the widow was still doing interviews years after)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Zucco
If you read the wiki article about him it indicates that the Hollywood Babylon guy was basically making shit up. Just look at the ages his family members passed away.