• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20151001 - Father Michael Maginot - Exorcism - Live Show Chat Thread

Started by jazmunda, October 01, 2015, 08:43:55 PM

CornyCrow

Quote from: ChandlersDad on October 02, 2015, 01:02:13 AM
I dont come to Art Bell to be bored out of my mind. By the way, I have listened to AB for almost 20 years. Nothing said tonight was new.
That's the problem with the paranormal.  When everyone tells their story and it's based on true experiences, much of what they say will be similar.  I'm sure most of us are really tired with abduction stories for this reason.  We are becoming more sophisticated and jaded, making Heather and Art work harder.  Maybe we should cut them a bit of slack and learn to appreciate the ride for what it is. 

chefist

Quote from: CornyCrow on October 02, 2015, 03:36:42 PM
Thank you. I agree.  Father Martin and the witch, Paglini, were entertaining, but each seemed to me to not be connecting fully with reality.  Too emotional and too much drama.  They were entertaining, but somewhere in your mind you find yourself wondering how much of what they were saying was reality and how much was their own personal over reaction. 

This guy seemed interesting to me because he was obviously trying to keep his spirits light in spite of what was going on.  He kept a cool head.  He said once they see you sweat they begin to have the upper hand. 

I would be interested in hearing from Father Maginot again.

Actually I feel the same way...I know there is a percentage of the audience that wants another Malachi Martin...I'm more focused on the story and experience...you don't have to be the best story teller to do that...but that is just me...

CornyCrow

Quote from: Scully on October 02, 2015, 03:52:57 AM
Reading back a few pages, I see proof positive that there are different strokes for different folks.  I loved tonight's show!

Boy, you guys are hard to please. Wait til Art gets enough of the constant criticism and throws in the towel.  That's when there will be weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth.   ::)
I'm not singling anyone out here, but there are people who have problems in their own internal lives and instead of dealing with that they criticize everything on the outside of them.

I realize that was clumsily expressed, but when everything outside seems to be wrong it's often time to start looking inside.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: CornyCrow on October 02, 2015, 03:36:42 PM
Thank you. I agree.  Father Martin and the witch, Paglini, were entertaining, but each seemed to me to not be connecting fully with reality.  Too emotional and too much drama.  They were entertaining, but somewhere in your mind you find yourself wondering how much of what they were saying was reality and how much was their own personal over reaction. 

This guy seemed interesting to me because he was obviously trying to keep his spirits light in spite of what was going on.  He kept a cool head.  He said once they see you sweat they begin to have the upper hand. 

I would be interested in hearing from Father Maginot again.

Yes, I agree. Fr. Maginot seemed solid somehow in what he was actually saying. Plus he's a legit RCC priest that performed a church-sanctioned exorcism. Since Fr. Martin died, we haven't had that. It's all been "priests" and lay exorcists talking about it.

I liked the guest. I think a lot of the criticism here really stemmed more from a distaste for religion than anything to do with the content of the show.

chefist

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on October 02, 2015, 04:11:48 PM
Yes, I agree. Fr. Maginot seemed solid somehow in what he was actually saying. Plus he's a legit RCC priest that performed a church-sanctioned exorcism. Since Fr. Martin died, we haven't had that. It's all been "priests" and lay exorcists talking about it.

I liked the guest. I think a lot of the criticism here really stemmed more from a distaste for religion than anything to do with the content of the show.

Agreed...I saw users active last night that have not posted since the last priest...also, those same posters almost never have anything positive to say about Art or the guests...

I've honestly been putting down the smart phone and just listening and not following the posts...much more enjoyable...

Catsmile

Love how all the folks who liked the show so much are posting live, or after the fact about the juicy subject matter, and gossiping over the glorious details of said subject... Oh wait.

Must have been a really amazing show since y'all have so many good things to say about the show, instead of talking about the shows detractors... Oh wait. It's such a shame a few anonymous people can ruin the conversation about such a good show, because they disagree with you. What a mess their lives must be in, being so easily affected by anonymous strangers. The people who enjoyed the show so much bitch about the bitching, instead of rehashing the spooky demon in the details. Because good show. Mmmkay ::)

Art is doing fine, hope he keeps doing the show.
However if he quits again, I'm used to it by nao. :P

chefist

Complaining about others complaining about complainers...it may never end... ::)

whoozit

Hey!  I resemble some of those remarks.   Seriously though, I'm on the east coast and can't stay up for the show.  I need to be up at 6 for work.  And for your info I'm the backup striker for the Gunners.

trostol

Quote from: chefist on October 02, 2015, 05:41:34 PM
Complaining about others complaining about complainers...it may never end... ::)

i wish to register a complaint about that

Catsmile

Quote from: chefist on October 02, 2015, 05:41:34 PM

Still waiting to hear juicy details about the show... you know the one that was so good. ::)

chefist

Quote from: Catsmile on October 02, 2015, 06:15:08 PM
Still waiting to hear juicy details about the show... you know the one that was so good. ::)

Ok, so I posted that it was great to hear Art talk about the Indiana case...

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/haunting-indiana-home-leads-exorcism-levitation-report-article-1.1593169

It was one of the most documented cases in popular media in the past 20-30 years...not as big but similar to the Lutz's in Amityville, NY...

Zak Baggins from Ghost Adventures actually bought the house to study it...the priest last night mentioned that fact...

Jocko Johnson

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on October 02, 2015, 01:07:48 PM
If you could choose the demonic entity that's possessing you, who would you pick? I'd go for the disembodied spirit of Rick James.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYHxGBH6o4M
Cocaine is a hell of a drug baby!

Zoxo

Quote from: Scully on October 02, 2015, 03:52:57 AM
Reading back a few pages, I see proof positive that there are different strokes for different folks.  I loved tonight's show!

Boy, you guys are hard to please. Wait til Art gets enough of the constant criticism and throws in the towel.  That's when there will be weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth.   ::)

I LOVED the show too Scully! I listened to it this evening before tonights open lines. It was a GREAT show! One of his better ones. I downloaded/saved it to listen to it again.

If people here are calling down shows.... well they SUCK! Art is doing some of his best work right now!

Lord Grantham

Quote from: ZomZom on October 02, 2015, 06:17:57 AM
I'm not quite at the halfway point of the archive. Things better pick up because as of now I'm convinced that this case is nothing more than a confluence of hysteria, superstition and bad behavior.

Yeah, I bailed on this one as well, right about when he said he exorcised the guy over the phone.

Also, the kid walking up the wall isn't all that spectacular. I remember seeing something a while back where they showed that by supporting a child's back with a hand it was easy to repeat the same stunt.

ZomZom

Quote from: Lord Grantham on October 04, 2015, 05:27:54 AM
Also, the kid walking up the wall isn't all that spectacular. I remember seeing something a while back where they showed that by supporting a child's back with a hand it was easy to repeat the same stunt.
Or perhaps a parkour wall-spin of sorts.

pate

Quote from: ZomZom on October 02, 2015, 06:17:57 AM

nothing more than a confluence of hysteria, superstition and bad behavior

I am quite happy that the "cool kids" haven't picked up on this bit of data yet...

ZomZom

Quote from: b_dubb on October 06, 2015, 12:48:12 PM
http://www.indystar.com/story/news/2014/10/31/exorcism-story-behind-story/18211747/
The money quote:
Quote"This appears to be an unfortunate and sad case of a child who has been induced into a delusional system perpetuated by his mother and potentially reinforced" by other relatives, clinical psychologist Stacy Wright wrote in her psychological evaluation.