• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20151001 - Father Michael Maginot - Exorcism - Live Show Chat Thread

Started by jazmunda, October 01, 2015, 08:43:55 PM

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: ChandlersDad on October 02, 2015, 01:02:13 AM
I dont come to Art Bell to be bored out of my mind. By the way, I have listened to AB for almost 20 years. Nothing said tonight was new.

A new case of demonic possession actually. Happened in 2012. As far as bored, well, not every show is going to be to your liking. Was it ever?

morgana213

Well, I enjoyed the show tonight.  I've heard a lot of this before, but it still creeped me out.  If I had decided I didn't enjoy it I would have turned it off.  Life is just too short to be spending free time doing something I'm not enjoying. Now I'm braaping!

Scully

Reading back a few pages, I see proof positive that there are different strokes for different folks.  I loved tonight's show!

Boy, you guys are hard to please. Wait til Art gets enough of the constant criticism and throws in the towel.  That's when there will be weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth.   ::)

nika01

Quote from: Scully on October 02, 2015, 03:52:57 AM
Reading back a few pages, I see proof positive that there are different strokes for different folks.  I loved tonight's show!

Boy, you guys are hard to please. Wait til Art gets enough of the constant criticism and throws in the towel.  That's when there will be weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth.   ::)

No kidding. A nice big cup of shut the hell up is in order.

ZomZom

I'm not quite at the halfway point of the archive. Things better pick up because as of now I'm convinced that this case is nothing more than a confluence of hysteria, superstition and bad behavior.

Quote from: Jocko Johnson on October 01, 2015, 10:47:02 PM
Was that guy in the U S Navy and live in Chas, SC?
Hey Jocko, sorry for the late reply, I got a couple posts in and my net went down till  the end of the show. But, No. Just a local gear-head friend of mine (I'm a gear-head too -prefer B.O.P.). Unique name for around these parts(WI). She turned out to be a decent kid. :)

Tarbaby

I bailed after about five minutes. I can't stand listening to these delusional fanatics be they religious or any other kind of subjective belief system. They love to trot out the myriad rules of a complete belief system that they have made up and has no basis in any objective reality.

onan

Quote from: Tarbaby on October 02, 2015, 06:48:06 AM
I bailed after about five minutes. I can't stand listening to these delusional fanatics be they religious or any other kind of subjective belief system. They love to trot out the myriad rules of a complete belief system that they have made up and has no basis in any objective reality.

Garlic still works? right?

Tarbaby

I mean, how are the rest of us who desire to learn more about reality and metaphysics and ontology supposed to determine what is real from what they are just making up as they go along?

ZomZom

Quote from: Tarbaby on October 02, 2015, 06:54:54 AM
I mean, how are the rest of us who desire to learn more about reality and metaphysics and ontology supposed to determine what is real from what they are just making up as they go along?

That's the $64,000 epistemological question.  I have no answer other than to say that, in general, the more entertaining the story the less I demand proof.  ;D

chefist

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on October 02, 2015, 01:04:48 AM
A new case of demonic possession actually. Happened in 2012. As far as bored, well, not every show is going to be to your liking. Was it ever?

That dude only posts complaints about Art or when there is a guest he particularly dislikes...

ItsOver

Quote from: onan on October 02, 2015, 09:06:39 AM
How come dolphins are never possessed?
SciFi has been possessed for quite some time.  Hoagie has total control.

"Look into my eyes!  You WILL see 19.5."

scottydawg

I think Art was possessed at the beginning of the show by the way he responded to the Early caller!
Me thinks there be some evil spell-casting going on at Premrat! They that shall not be named decided to sabotage Arts first night on nationwide broadcast radio! >:( :( :o 

VtaGeezer

Fr. Maginot has an interesting story but his manner was way too flat for a 3 hour interview. Art kept saying it was very scary and disturbing, but it never registered that way with me.  Sure seems like someone with influence is preventing Art from signing timely and interesting guests. Hmmm...who could that be?

VtaGeezer

Quote from: scottydawg on October 02, 2015, 10:16:33 AM
I think Art was possessed at the beginning of the show by the way he responded to the Early caller!
Me thinks there be some evil spell-casting going on at Premrat! They that shall not be named decided to sabotage Arts first night on nationwide broadcast radio! >:( :( :o
He was just trying to have some fun after reading an email from someone accusing him of being too soft and not as tough as he used to be.

chefist

I think Art is just doing his due diligence looking for guests that he will invite back on a regular basis.  You will have to go through a lot of guests before you find another Malachi Martin, Mel, Buggs, etc.

whoozit

I enjoyed last nights show. All of the constant whining in the live threads is getting me down.  I actually go to the Falkie thread to lift my spirits.  That is not right. 

chefist

Quote from: whoozit on October 02, 2015, 12:20:37 PM
I enjoyed last nights show. All of the constant whining in the live threads is getting me down.  I actually go to the Falkie thread to lift my spirits.  That is not right.

I liked it as well! I actually had been waiting for Art to cover this story, as it received a lot of media attention.  I know some folks want a new Father Martin, but that is not realistic...he was a unique person...

jneilschulman

Quote from: Sandra Kristen on October 02, 2015, 12:33:00 AM
Rossy hates us because we've given Richard an even bigger ego which means he's even more difficult to work with.

AHHH Alongside Night commercials are back. :(

Apparently last night's Dark Matter News was a re-run and included the Alongside Night commercial. I didn't know until Google found me your comment because I was in a movie theater last night watching what is instantly one of my favorite movies, The Martian. Great inspirational movie if like me you think humankind needs to be expanding off this planet.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: ItsOver on October 02, 2015, 09:12:33 AM
SciFi has been possessed for quite some time.  Hoagie has total control.

Quote from: onan on October 02, 2015, 09:06:39 AM
How come dolphins are never possessed?

If you could choose the demonic entity that's possessing you, who would you pick? I'd go for the disembodied spirit of Rick James.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYHxGBH6o4M

Catsmile

Quote from: jneilschulman on October 02, 2015, 12:38:45 PM
Apparently last night's Dark Matter News was a re-run and included the Alongside Night commercial. I didn't know until Google found me your comment...

You'll go blind Googling yourself.
Shave your palms thrice daily, and don't call us; we'll call you.

Before Google, only the mirror and Little Neil knew his secret. Nao poor Little Neil suffers the consequences of neglect due to Google. Today we get to witness and suffer the consequences of the Schulman Id stroking itself in public, for god and everyone to see.

THANKS GOOGLE!

::)   ::)    ::)    ::)    ::)    ::)    ::)    ::)    ::)    ::)    ::)

::)   ::)    ::)    ::)    ::)    ::)    ::)    ::)    ::)    ::)    ::)

ItsOver

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on October 02, 2015, 01:07:48 PM
If you could choose the demonic entity that's possessing you, who would you pick? I'd go for the disembodied spirit of Rick James.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYHxGBH6o4M
I'm more of a Cherry Pie kind of guy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjyZKfdwlng&app=desktop

Since we can choose our possessor, I'm assuming we can also easily go back in time and select hot video babes of the era.  I'd go for some writhing around on a Jaguar, too, but the more recent mugshot memory has traumatized me, so no Kitty for me.

CornyCrow

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on October 02, 2015, 01:00:07 AM
If delivery is your main criterion for judging the information being fed to you, then you are dumbed down. It's that simple.
Thank you. I agree.  Father Martin and the witch, Paglini, were entertaining, but each seemed to me to not be connecting fully with reality.  Too emotional and too much drama.  They were entertaining, but somewhere in your mind you find yourself wondering how much of what they were saying was reality and how much was their own personal over reaction. 

This guy seemed interesting to me because he was obviously trying to keep his spirits light in spite of what was going on.  He kept a cool head.  He said once they see you sweat they begin to have the upper hand. 

I would be interested in hearing from Father Maginot again.