• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150929 - Steven Starr - Nuclear War - Live Show Chat Thread

Started by MV/Liberace!, September 29, 2015, 08:39:37 PM

Barfly

Quote from: zeebo on September 29, 2015, 10:34:31 PM
I may play a little Fallout New Vegas after the show.  Work on my post-nuke strategies.
Metro 2033

ShayP

Quote from: maren on September 29, 2015, 10:32:21 PM
That's appropriate since I pretty much view Putin as the Anti-Christ.

Well I guess movie night is off because I don't think Putin is that bad.  bad, yeah...not that bad. 

trostol

Quote from: bateman on September 29, 2015, 10:31:41 PM
Commercial break? Commercial break.

https://youtu.be/_1SmJUBT5q0

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee the gang's back together..i need to binge that soon lol

Valiant Thor

I can't takethis anymore! Every night Leo Ashcraft mispronounces multiple words. Tonight was the last straw.

- toot-n-cumin
- Neff-fur-tee
- Guan-tom-in-no bay

Really. Really?????

ShayP

Quote from: Valiant Thor on September 29, 2015, 10:37:35 PM
I can't takethis anymore! Every night Leo Ashcraft mispronounces multiple words. Tonight was the last straw.

- toot-n-cumin
- Neff-fur-tee
- Guan-tom-in-no bay

Really. Really?????

LOL!  I like to think of it as an ironic slight at mush mouthed Noory.

Quote from: ShayP on September 29, 2015, 10:36:06 PM
Well I guess movie night is off because I don't think Putin is that bad.  bad, yeah...not that bad. 

This would be better if it was sharks with frickin laser beams instead.

ShayP

They mentioned Fat Man and I became self-conscious.  :-[  ....don't judge me

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: GravitySucks on September 29, 2015, 10:33:59 PM
ALL of the Titan and Minuteman missiles were in their silos before Reagan became president.

You wanna go buddy?  Let's go.

How Reagan Brought the World to the Brink of Nuclear Destruction

http://www.alternet.org/story/149821/how_reagan_brought_the_world_to_the_brink_of_nuclear_destruction

ShayP

Quote from: Sandra Kristen on September 29, 2015, 10:39:16 PM
This would be better if it was sharks with frickin laser beams instead.

yeah but the bears have wings!

Barfly

Quote from: trostol on September 29, 2015, 10:37:15 PM
i have one of the STALKER games i never played
I have over 50 games in my Steam library i have never played, no time, but those Steam sales entice me

Uncle Duke

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on September 29, 2015, 10:34:34 PM
Exactly.  All of you who are worried about "rogue" nations don't understand the problem.  The problem is the so-called "powerful" nations designed and manufactured the nuclear warheads to stand off against each other, and in doing so they created weapons which later on might end up in the hands of people who didn't have their self control.  Don't blame the terrorists for wanting the same weapons our own dumbass politicians and warhawks created themselves.

Same thing as a parent who owns a gun collection and doesn't lock it down enough to prevent their kids from getting into the collection and shooting someone.  You own the weapons, you take the responsibility.  Tough shit.

*shakes head*  Civilized people are not responsible for the actions of maniacs.  Using your arguement, that means the Wright Brothers are to blame for 9/11.

maren

Quote from: ShayP on September 29, 2015, 10:36:06 PM

You'll come around.   ;)

trostol

Quote from: Barfly on September 29, 2015, 10:40:44 PM
I have over 50 games in my Steam library i have never played, no time, but those Steam sales entice me

thats the only thing that makes me thankful i have no job.,.i would buy things just to have and never play them lol

Donald Noory

Quote from: norland2424 on September 29, 2015, 10:33:16 PM
hes pissed satan has a better nuke picture  ;)

Is that the time Jorch was lighting Tommy's farts?

GravitySucks

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on September 29, 2015, 10:35:39 PM
And you know nothing about what Reagan did in RAMPING UP THE nuclear weapons in the U.S. during his presidency.
Actually I was assigned to the Joint Chiefs of Staff Joint Strategic Target Planning Section at HQ SAC from 1978 until November 1982, so I think I have a better idea than most.

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: Uncle Duke on September 29, 2015, 10:41:18 PM
*shakes head*  Civilized people are not responsible for the actions of maniacs.  Using your arguement, that means the Wright Brothers are to blame for 9/11.

Bad analogy.  And you're missing the point.  First of all, there is no comparison between airplanes and nuclear weapons.

Secondly, the point of my comment is that the very creation and stockpiling of nuclear weapons is INSANE in and of itself.  Do you understand, bro?  Am I getting through to you?  Do you know the definition of insanity?  If not, look it up.

Nuclear weapons are an example of insanity.  Airplanes are an example of a form of fucking transportation.  BIG difference, bro.

It's called responsibility.  And the lack thereof.

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: GravitySucks on September 29, 2015, 10:42:42 PM
Actually I was assigned to the Joint Chiefs of Staff Joint Strategic Target Planning Section at HQ SAC from 1978 until November 1982, so I think I have a better idea than most.

Bullshit.  But nice try.

By the way, no comment on the link I posted, Mr. Smoking Joints Cheef of Staff?

http://www.alternet.org/story/149821/how_reagan_brought_the_world_to_the_brink_of_nuclear_destruction

Barfly

The planet would probably be better off without us, hit the button, lets all go down in a blaze together.
Free beer before the button push..Whoopiee!