• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

".....one will be appointed to you at no cost...."

Started by Hautex, September 14, 2015, 04:09:46 PM

Hautex

Just watched John Oliver from Sunday nights show and learned  very chilling facts about our Miranda rights. Every officer that I have ever known and have associated with is a human, with honor and dedication to right and wrong. Albeit at different levels, depending on how/where they're raised and who they allow to influence them. But after they have done their job correctly, followed by the required reading of Miranda rights, prefer to believe what they say is the truth. Seeing that some states are charging fees for public defenders and then re-arresting them at a later date because they have been unable to pay these bogus costs, even if found not guilty!! Un-be-liev-able! Here is the clip: (feel free to be afraid)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USkEzLuzmZ4

albrecht

Quote from: Hautex on September 14, 2015, 04:09:46 PM
Just watched John Oliver from Sunday nights show and learned  very chilling facts about our Miranda rights. Every officer that I have ever known and have associated with is a human, with honor and dedication to right and wrong. Albeit at different levels, depending on how/where they're raised and who they allow to influence them. But after they have done their job correctly, followed by the required reading of Miranda rights, prefer to believe what they say is the truth. Seeing that some states are charging fees for public defenders and then re-arresting them at a later date because they have been unable to pay these bogus costs, even if found not guilty!! Un-be-liev-able! Here is the clip: (feel free to be afraid)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USkEzLuzmZ4
He is British so that means he is smart. Why is this foreigner even commenting on our system (and why would people watch?) Anyone with a middle-school education is aware of the Supreme Court "finding" the right of a public defender in fairly recently times and there is nothing in the Constitution about it. So it won't surprise me if States, burdened, would be trying to limit them or re-coup the costs. There are more pressing problems in the legal system than this (but there also are some interesting solutions being tried to address this problem) like attorneys being self-regulated and having as first priority as being an "officer of the court," the "blurring" of lines between criminal and civil crimes (criminalization of debt for example,) the Federalization of crimes, asset forfeiture laws, and the sheer numbers of laws and regulations on the books itself!

*http://www.pressherald.com/2014/12/29/indigent-suspects-allowed-choice-of-defense-lawyers/

Hautex

Quote from: albrecht on September 14, 2015, 07:56:10 PM
He is British so that means he is smart. Why is this foreigner even commenting on our system (and why would people watch?) Anyone with a middle-school education is aware of the Supreme Court "finding" the right of a public defender in fairly recently times and there is nothing in the Constitution about it. So it won't surprise me if States, burdened, would be trying to limit them or re-coup the costs. There are more pressing problems in the legal system than this (but there also are some interesting solutions being tried to address this problem) like attorneys being self-regulated and having as first priority as being an "officer of the court," the "blurring" of lines between criminal and civil crimes (criminalization of debt for example,) the Federalization of crimes, asset forfeiture laws, and the sheer numbers of laws and regulations on the books itself!

*http://www.pressherald.com/2014/12/29/indigent-suspects-allowed-choice-of-defense-lawyers/

Oliver has applied for citizenship, and will be naturalized soon, not that "anybody" who reports a truth or injustice needs to be qualified that way. The truth is the truth? In any case, I am a big fan of any successful method to get an important point to an audience that has been numbed by 24hr bobbleheaded, brain dead, so called "news anchors" who incessantly smile, even when the dead bodies are on the screens behind them. Gee, should I tell you how I really feel?.... ???  We need science to clone Chet Huntley and David Brinkley, at least they reported the news and allowed the public to interpret it themselves. Today, it's spun in whatever direction that will get the most advertising dollars... (climbing off my soapbox now)
Peace

paladin1991

Quote from: Hautex on September 14, 2015, 09:28:12 PM
Oliver has applied for citizenship, and will be naturalized soon, not that "anybody" who reports a truth or injustice needs to be qualified that way. The truth is the truth? In any case, I am a big fan of any successful method to get an important point to an audience that has been numbed by 24hr bobbleheaded, brain dead, so called "news anchors" who incessantly smile, even when the dead bodies are on the screens behind them. Gee, should I tell you how I really feel?.... ???  We need science to clone Chet Huntley and David Brinkley, at least they reported the news and allowed the public to interpret it themselves. Today, it's spun in whatever direction that will get the most advertising dollars... (climbing off my soapbox now)
Peace
Ah, leaving the sinking ship that is England.  To become an evil American.  Huh.  Go figure.