• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Joe Biden 2020

Started by maren, September 11, 2015, 11:27:32 AM

maren

Seeing Biden "as himself", as opposed to a speaker for POTUS, reminds me of why I became impressed by him in 2007.  Regardless of your political leanings, feelings toward Biden, hopes for the upcoming primary, I think all have to admit was we saw a politician be real.  NONE of the others do that except for Bernie Sanders.  Even Trump has begun parsing his responses.

Well done, Colbert!

Little Hater

I thought it was embarrassing. Colbert did everything but kiss Biden on the mouth. If this is the kind of swill we can expect from Colbert, The Late Show will be off the air by Christmas.

maren

Quote from: Little Hater on September 11, 2015, 11:42:59 AM
I thought it was embarrassing. Colbert did everything but kiss Biden on the mouth. If this is the kind of swill we can expect from Colbert, The Late Show will be off the air by Christmas.

If you view seeing an honest exchange and person who is truly, sincerely respectful and admiring "embarrassing", that's where this country has landed.  Can't be real.

But (since I CAN be objective) I do see your point.  IMO, that's what happened to the Joan Rivers show -- maybe before your time.

She made her rep being ruthless and shredding anyone and everyone, but on her show she was gushing and groveling and just SO APPRECIATIVE that these big names had graced her little show.  Huh?

Anyway, that was one show w/Colbert, and if I interviewed Biden I'd probably be pretty much the same.  Give him a pass on this and we'll see where he goes in the future. 

Tarbaby

I likeed colbert back on the Colbert report but I'm not liking him on this current show.

albrecht

I don't agree with some of his policies but Biden seems a likable guy and one of the few politicians remaining who just say what they want and not always be checking  in with focus groups and polls before speaking. When he said stuff about Indians etc at 7-11 and then again faking an Indian accent about outsourcing was hilarious. Telling a paraplegic in a wheelchair to stand up was like tent revivalist. Good stuff. His shotgun comments, while likely violating Delaware laws, were classic. Obama being bright and "clean." Hahaha. I hope he is a candidate just for the high-jinx. Debates with him and Trump would be hilarious.

Little Hater

I suggested in another forum that a Biden/Trump general election would probably bring Jon Stewart back to television.

Mastodonkey

Biden never seemed to be too bright to begin with but this seemed more of a pity part than anything. Colbert just milking him and he was more than willing to oblige to the audience sympathetic tale one after the next. If if he going for run president.. the "he's a good guy, feel sorry for him" campaign has zero chance, if he isn't running he's just basking in attention.

Eddie Coyle

Colbert has the personality of the Johnny Cab in Total Recall. Very fey as well. He makes Fallon seem like Tom Snyder.

akwilly

Quote from: akwilly on September 15, 2016, 06:00:17 PM
This video has made me as horny as biden

Would you fuck a moose, or a goose while drinking apple juice?

akwilly

Quote from: VoteQuimby on September 15, 2016, 06:04:21 PM
Would you fuck a moose, or a goose while drinking apple juice?
of course not but I would fuck a fox while burning a box and eating lox

Quote from: akwilly on September 15, 2016, 06:06:42 PM

MADMAN
A
D
M
A
N

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: akwilly on September 15, 2016, 06:06:42 PM

Mmm...this is some good post-modern Suess!  :D

Jackstar

Lilith

Roswells, Art

Quote from: Uncle Duke on March 12, 2019, 07:41:00 PM
If Biden wrote it, he plagiarized it.

lol. Nice to see your posts, Uncle Duke. You're probably right.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: Uncle Duke on March 12, 2019, 08:04:07 PM
https://www.nytimes.com/1987/09/18/us/biden-admits-plagiarism-in-school-but-says-it-was-not-malevolent.html

I hate to break it to everyone. People that are your doctors did it all the time. I took some classes that were pre-med. Almost everyone was cheating on the tests. There was ONE guy that seemed really smart in my classes and one woman that knew what and how to study. So if you're ever wondering why you're getting shitty care from your doctor, it's most likely because they knew how to work the system and cheat in class. I guess this works for politicians too.

I forgot to mention, none of the pre-meds seemed to care about other people, they just wanted the title. Same goes with most politicians.

Uncle Duke

The point is Bidon has a history of plagiarism, not just in school but also in his political career/speeches, that forced him out of a presidential run back many years ago.