• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Sayings and Quotes

Started by Hautex, August 19, 2015, 09:01:38 AM

Hautex

Talks cheap, free speech includes volume, etc... Sayings and quotes that fall out of mouths range from brilliant to enlightening to just plain stupid and everything in between. What have you heard that stuck with you? Please include who it came from, please. Here's one now: I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy... unknown  (could have been Ron White)

Hautex

A simple definition of our government leaders:
“No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.”  Voltaire

AZZERAE

"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is an even greater fool."

- Brigham Young

stevesh

“Colored or not, we all pick the white man's cotton.”

- James Lee Burke

stevesh

“Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. The obedient must be slaves.”

- Henry David Thoreau

Tootsie

"What doesn't kill me makes me crazier"  :o

-Tootsie

Tootsie

"I have always relied on the kindness of strangers"  :-\

-Tennessee Williams

stevesh

“You give me a water board, Dick Cheney and one hour, and I'll have him confess to the Sharon Tate murders."

- Jesse Ventura

Kidnostad3

“History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes.”

Mark Twain

aldousburbank

“You can’t buy happiness but you can rent pleasure.”

Me

Grov505th

“Not my Circus, not my monkeys”
Old polish saying

The Alcoholic

"A woman drove me to drink and I didn’t even have the decency to thank her."
â€" W.C. Fields

"I feel sorry for people who don’t drink. They wake up in the morning and that’s the best they’re going to feel all day."
â€" Dean Martin

Innerreach

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” ...

-Thomas Jefferson

Innerreach

Government is like a baby. An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other.  -Ronald Reagan

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Innerreach on September 12, 2020, 02:45:47 PM
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” ...

-Thomas Jefferson

It seems we failed to prevent that.

Innerreach

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on September 12, 2020, 05:18:25 PMRemedial English is within your reach!

My punctuation, grammar, sentence structure, etc. is total garbage but, so is text to speech. I love Grammar police.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Innerreach on September 12, 2020, 07:24:25 PM
My punctuation, grammar, sentence structure, etc. is total garbage but, so is text to speech. I love Grammar police.

Jackstar is lord...on that front, anyway. ;)

Innerreach

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on September 12, 2020, 07:51:43 PM
Jackstar is lord...on that front, anyway. ;)

No, I think I'm just about a brain cell away from receiving government subsidies at times. I just hate being reminded of it.  :o

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Innerreach on September 12, 2020, 08:39:24 PM
No, I think I'm just about a brain cell away from receiving government subsidies at times. I just hate being reminded of it.  :o

Buck it up, mister! Don’t make me call you a faggot snowflake. ::)

Jackstar

Quote from: Hautex on August 19, 2015, 09:01:38 AM
What have you heard that stuck with you?
Please include who it came from, please.

"I got your back. It's on my skin. It's all good. Just wait for Friday."

FUCKING ME.

Innerreach

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on September 12, 2020, 08:42:41 PMBuck it up, mister! Don’t make me call you a faggot snowflake.

Ha Ha Don't worry, I won't be applying any time soon.

AZZERAE

"If our enemies be the ones who write history, then they would picture beautiful as ugly and ugly as beautiful."

- Emperor Khosrow Anushiravan