• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Windows 10

Started by Juan, July 29, 2015, 04:22:44 PM

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 04, 2019, 10:42:21 PM
Yuck! They let you around children?! Creepy.

If by "they" then you mean the mom, then yes she does.  I've been the father figure that she never had (her biological father fucked off when he got her mom pregnant).  I pay the doctor bills when she gets sick, and bring her back vitamins from the USA.  I promised her that if she does well in school, and stays away from boys, that I would pay for her college education.

I'm also a volunteer and sponsor for Virlanie Foundation (www.virlanie.org).  They take in abandoned street children.   

How about you?  Do you make a difference in any children's lives?  Or anyone's life? 

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on November 04, 2019, 10:51:36 PM
If by "they" then you mean the mom, then yes she does.  I've been the father figure that she never had (her biological father fucked off when he got her mom pregnant).  I pay the doctor bills when she gets sick, and bring her back vitamins from the USA.  I promised her that if she does well in school, and stays away from boys, that I would pay for her college education.

I'm also a volunteer and sponsor for Virlanie Foundation (www.virlanie.org).  They take in abandoned street children.   

How about you?  Do you make a difference in any children's lives?  Or anyone's life?

It’s just too bad she has to rely on such a degenerate bullshit artist like you but I guess beggers can’t be choosers. You’re at least consistent in your hypocrisy.

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 04, 2019, 10:58:50 PM

Why shouldn't we think of the children?  At the end of the day, kids are all that really matters.  They are the only thing that goes on when we are gone.

In two or three generations, no one will think much about the people in this one.  The lives we live now will be remote and difficult to relate to for them, as the preceding generations are for us.  But if they remember that their grandrather was a good man, one who had character and values, then that is something that is timeless.  There hasn't been enough longitudinal study on whether posting 12,500 posts to Bellgab per year (90% of which are YouTube videos) is memorable, so I'm taking a different path than you.

It’s just too bad she has to rely on such a degenerate bullshit artist like you but I guess beggers can’t be choosers. You’re at least consistent in your hypocrisy.

Being a father figure, or a mentor to a child isn't something you can buy.  It takes your time and involvement.

Oh, it is SO difficult trying to explain matters of character to you.  There's nothing to build upon.  It's like trying to explain altruism to a goldfish.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on November 05, 2019, 12:00:15 AM
Why shouldn't we think of the children?  At the end of the day, kids are all that really matters.  They are the only thing that goes on when we are gone.

In two or three generations, no one will think much about the people in this one.  The lives we live now will be remote and difficult to relate to for them, as the preceding generations are for us.  But if they remember that their grandrather was a good man, one who had character and values, then that is something that is timeless.  There hasn't been enough longitudinal study on whether posting 12,500 posts to Bellgab per year (90% of which are YouTube videos) is memorable, so I'm taking a different path than you.

Being a father figure, or a mentor to a child isn't something you can buy.  It takes your time and involvement.

Oh, it is SO difficult trying to explain matters of character to you.  There's nothing to build upon.  It's like trying to explain altruism to a goldfish.

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on November 04, 2019, 10:39:24 PM
Dreamsmasher (hahaha)   

Thanks for the detailed and in-depth reply.  I just found your post by accident, have not checked this forum for awhile.

Your last comment is what sold it for me.  I assumed the project as a challenge and a learning experience, but not worthwhile for no gain.  I'll just install the 32 bit version and wash my hands of it.  I've tried running Windows off of a flash drive --  forget it.  Way too slow.

I need one of the laptops for work.  There are no Linux drivers available for the printer that I have at work (sure wish that there were), and I have a few programs that will only run on Windows and no equivalent on Linux (such as access to my iPhone).  The other is going to the daughter of one of my girlfriends.  She's cute as a bug, and smart.  Her mom can't afford a computer for her, and also doesn't want charity, so I'm giving it as a Christmas gift.

I appreciate the help in ushering me to a reasonable solution :)
Yeah, I haven't been around too much lately, either.
I don't know if I mentioned this here or the other place, but you can usually pick up a remanufactured lappy from different Amazon dealers for under a C-note. Just make sure to check their ratings and reviews, and you may have to search for a while. E-Bay might also be worth checking, but Caveat Emptor, there.
https://www.amazon.com/b/ref=s9_acss_bw_h1_uscrsfhd_md2_w?node=17871138011&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-2&pf_rd_r=R635617A0PWGGB7QZDWS&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=03951a67-0ccc-46ef-bd0f-2ce3d206acc5&pf_rd_i=12653393011

Look for business models, as they are usually much more powerful for the price. I picked up a decent 2014 model for a really good price, but the wireless switch bit the dust after about a year. I used the switch constantly, though.  ;)
Black Friday is coming up too, but this is another one where you have to be ware. It takes some due diligence to score a really good deal, as a lot of the sales are companies unloading things that don't sell @ regular prices or other sales - usually something that's crappy or has design flaws  to begin with.

From what I'm seeing, most of the refurbs under $100.00, generally come with 4GB RAM; more than enough to run almost any OS without too much lag - even with lots of browser tabs open.  :)

That's a cool gesture though: Christmas gift.   :)

Hey, check this out:  https://haydenjames.io/finding-linux-compatible-printers/

Yeah, cups can be a PITA and connectivity depends more on the OS flavor of Linux you are using than the drivers. BUT, it looks like the newer Distros handle it much better.
https://www.linux.com/tutorials/how-manage-printers-linux/

I also found a pretty good rundown for 2019 distros based on use case.
https://fossbytes.com/best-linux-distros-choosing-guide/

Windoze on a flash drive, really does depend on the port speed.
USB 2 vs USB 3 - both the port and the drive -  makes a hell of a speed difference.

As far as the IPhone - syncing can be done, but it DOES require WINE.  :(
Here are a couple of tutorials if you want to give it a shot.
https://beebom.com/how-use-iphone-with-linux/

https://techviral.net/access-iphone-or-any-ios-device-in-linux/

What the hell am I saying ? ? ?  :o
This is Linux - There's always more than one way to skin a cat.   ;)
Take a look here: https://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/linux-iphone-6s-ios-11.html
...and No Wine Required !       :)

Merry Christmas.   ;)

AAAAAaaaand...
This is why you want to turn off auto mount and enable the lock-screen on Doze boxes.
QuoteIs the program easy to install?

The installation process is almost instantaneous, only taking a few seconds to install (depending on your processor power). The installation time will only be increased if Java is not already installed on the target PC and the software has to auto-install Java during the process.

https://www.spyequipmentuk.co.uk/global-pc-spy/

Turn off automount in Doze 7, 8 and 10

When you need to walk away from your computer, LOCK IT
A simple Super Key + L is really quick, but doesn't do you any good ( in an attack like this,) unless automount is turned off.     ;)