• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Ugh. NO CO HOSTS PLEASE!!

Started by WebGurl, July 19, 2015, 11:28:25 PM

Fearlessjay

Irony is I don't how many years I wished George had a co host, or anything to save us from the same old questions and basic tedium.

Wait a minute.....Art is going to have a co-host??

The General

Redacted was amazing, a breath of fresh air, and you could tell Art enjoyed having her.
Obviously it wouldn't work for every show, but that was never the plan was it?

PathoJen

Quote from: Jackstar on July 20, 2015, 02:06:57 AM
I love how most of the people complaining about (Redacted) are other women. Classic.

Oh boy.
Lol, good point!

Quote from: Jackstar on July 20, 2015, 06:31:00 AM
Sweet, thanks! TIL I learned that there's a place that's never heard of me!

fuck I hope

Stay away from the race-baiting threads.  You can spot them because they like to call blacks dindus.  Also 85% of their conspiracy threads can't be taken seriously.  The best threads are usually about sex or the paranormal.

K_Dubb

Quote from: BobGrau on July 20, 2015, 06:32:28 AM

When I first heard Redacted was perhaps going to have a role in the show I assumed it would be as a sort of wormhole wrangler and on-air-googler. "Art, if I could interrupt for a second, Andy from Australia says he's seen another pizza-roll shaped UFO and could we please unblock him on skype?" that sort of thing. She's great at interacting with people and knows her Bell lore like a Morgus. A little context is all that's needed.

Agree completely; the dynamic would work really well if she had something to do.  They're both smart and will figure it out.

It would have been nice if the thing worked last night. Sorry I missed it. I hope it works better tonight, or I suspect it`s going to be a short-lived comeback

PathoJen

Quote from: VoteQuimby on July 20, 2015, 06:09:49 AM
If you think people are being mean here, I wouldn't go on Facebook, GLP, Reddit, Twitter, Midnight Desert or 4Chan for awhile.
Tune In chat was brutal last night.

Ms. C

Quote from: VoteQuimby on Today at 07:09:49 AM
If you think people are being mean here, I wouldn't go on Facebook, GLP, Reddit, Twitter, Midnight Desert or 4Chan for awhile.

Quote from: PathoJen on July 20, 2015, 09:15:05 AM
Tune In chat was brutal last night.

Uggg, and its been said that  BellGab gabblers are vicious but vaguely lovable .... at least we've got the vaguely lovable down -- the rest of the interweb is just vicious!!!

PathoJen

The reality of it is, opinions are down the middle, and you can't please everyone, so just do what you think is right Art. People will come around, or they won't.
I think Art was a tad overwhelmed by all of the negative feedback and of course the negativity always trumps the positive because Art doesn't want to lose listeners. He won't lose listeners if he decides not to continue with redacted, but according to some of the forums (not bellgab) he may lose people if Redacted stays. A lot to think about.
And please stop attacking people and accusing them of being dave bots, and haters, etc, etc., just because some opinions are different than the masses in this forum. I think it's important to express your opinion, and believe me, it's very difficult to be the minority in this group..people automatically hate you and think you are out to cause trouble.
Anyway, just my two cents.

PathoJen

Quote from: Ms. C on July 20, 2015, 09:18:49 AM
Quote from: VoteQuimby on Today at 07:09:49 AM

Uggg, and its been said that  BellGab gabblers are vicious but vaguely lovable .... at least we've got the vaguely lovable down -- the rest of the interweb is just vicious!!!
Oh, no kidding. It was crap. Even I was offended, and I don't offend easily.

jimbo50

Is it possible the negative feedback had a lot to do with Art not being able to figure out how to hangup on a caller WITHOUT hanging up on (Redacted) too? That was frustrating.

I thought you did an excellent job (Redacted). Really.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Laurakinch on July 20, 2015, 07:47:39 AM

Most if not all of the folks who didn't care for (Redacted) co-hosting with Art have never heard (of) her before. To them she is merely an interloper and would not like anyone on with Art, especially a woman.

Seems Art has caved to the negative comments but hopefully he recognizes what great chemistry he and (Redacted) have on the air and will continue to have her on occasionally.

agreed on all points.  also, none of the listeners realize that she was completely unable to hear vast portions of what was said on the show last night because the audio kept dropping due to art's poor internet connection.  imagine being on the air with art f-ing bell, suddenly hearing nothing for several seconds, and then being asked, "what do you think about that?"  considering the technical cluster fuck that occurred last night, i think she performed excellently.  as i was listening last night, there was a point at which i said to myself, "ok... i think this redacted thing is going to work out."  that's because i know redacted, knew this was coming, and didn't view her appearance with the biases you mentioned above.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: The General on July 20, 2015, 08:57:40 AM
Obviously it wouldn't work for every show, but that was never the plan was it?

correct, and i don't think that was clearly laid out for people to understand.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: PathoJen on July 20, 2015, 09:23:20 AM
And please stop attacking people and accusing them of being dave bots, and haters, etc, etc., just because some opinions are different than the masses in this forum. I think it's important to express your opinion, and believe me, it's very difficult to be the minority in this group..people automatically hate you and think you are out to cause trouble.

agreed.

guitardog

I dont know Redacted ,,Love her voice and this is all new for her ,,working with the great Art Bell I thought it was a great test and good for her ..she has a great radio voice ..cheers Redacted.

phrodo

Maybe if Red had a monotone screechy voice, called in from an airport payphone and reported about dead cows' missing assholes people would have liked her better?  :o

Quote from: phrodo on July 20, 2015, 11:22:54 AM
Maybe if Red had a monotone screechy voice, called in from an airport payphone and reported about dead cows' missing assholes people would have liked her better?  :o

It's not a like or not like situation. It's the combination.

MV/Liberace!

heh heh

ponyboysunset

I am going to put myself in the minority, and all of you know I am no davebot and have been posting on this forum for several years. I also like Redacted, think her work on the other podcasts is amazing. But, I would not care who it was I don't want a co-host with Art, especially on open lines nights. For me, I want it to be as it was in the 90's, me in the dark, with a radio, and Art's voice. She did a fine job, I am just one of those people who doesn't really want the show to change. That being said, it's Art show, and I won't stop listening if he goes forward with this format.

Roswells, Art

I especially liked one part of the test show where Art, (Redacted) and the caller were talking about Madman Marcum. (Redacted) talked about how recently Madman had caused a couch to disappear but wouldn't say more about it. I think I know from listening to past shows of The Gabcast where she got the information. She wouldn't say because she knew (I'm guessing) that Art and all us listeners would find out when Madman came on as a guest in the future. I think she didn't want to ruin the surprise and made me even more eager to listen to that show. This clearly illustrates she does not want the spotlight on her but on Art.

PathoJen

Quote from: Roswells, Art on July 20, 2015, 11:49:48 AM
I especially liked one part of the test show where Art, (Redacted) and the caller were talking about Madman Marcum. (Redacted) talked about how recently Madman had caused a couch to disappear but wouldn't say more about it. I think I know from listening to past shows of The Gabcast where she got the information. She wouldn't say because she knew (I'm guessing) that Art and all us listeners would find out when Madman came on as a guest in the future. I think she didn't want to ruin the surprise and made me even more eager to listen to that show. This clearly illustrates she does not want the spotlight on her but on Art.
I agree. It's quite apparent that (R) isn't an attention hog. Art is making a dream come true (I would assume) for a fan, and she knows how to handle it. She's modest, and so far has never tried to take attention off of Art.

PathoJen

Quote from: ponyboysunset on July 20, 2015, 11:42:17 AM
I am going to put myself in the minority, and all of you know I am no davebot and have been posting on this forum for several years. I also like Redacted, think her work on the other podcasts is amazing. But, I would not care who it was I don't want a co-host with Art, especially on open lines nights. For me, I want it to be as it was in the 90's, me in the dark, with a radio, and Art's voice. She did a fine job, I am just one of those people who doesn't really want the show to change. That being said, it's Art show, and I won't stop listening if he goes forward with this format.
Fair enough and well put. I share your sentiments completely.

Sean92008

Quote from: N0sferatu on July 20, 2015, 07:27:21 AM
Idea: I thought Redacted did a fine job and definitely knows the show and its history well. She loves Art and his subject matter. Instead of totally eliminating her, how about having her on for Friday open lines once a week. She would be great at discussing the guests and subjects of the week preceding and shooting the sh1t with the callers for open lines.

Great idea!

My suggestion would be this:

Have her host a one hour BellGab recap.  In it, she can cover topics that are popular.  Maybe a fans' "Somwhere In Time" bit.  Having a remote co-host does NOT work.  Having Redacted almost "interview" Art is a solution.  That is if she were to become a regular.

Something we must remember...  Art needs to have a well-groomed successor.  We've seen multiple failures already with C2C and Dreamland.  Considering his young bride, the risk of heart attack increases exponentially ;)

GravitySucks

I thought the George Noory Sucks thread is where everyone got to vent stupid shit. It's Art's show. Let him do what he wants. Damn people l, i know you aren't the boss of me, and I am pretty sure you aren't the boss of Art.

rvkitty

I am indeed a woman and I did not at all enjoy hearing this mystery person alongside Art Bell last night. Not *because* it was a woman, but because I just want to hear Art. He is excellent at what he does and I don't want to hear anyone - male or female - contaminate it. Started listening to him in the mid-90s and I miss everything about him, especially his personal stories. I have a history with him, I care about him, I don't care about this unknown "other."

GravitySucks

Quote from: rvkitty on July 20, 2015, 12:38:11 PM
I am indeed a woman and I did not at all enjoy hearing this mystery person alongside Art Bell last night. Not *because* it was a woman, but because I just want to hear Art. He is excellent at what he does and I don't want to hear anyone - male or female - contaminate it. Started listening to him in the mid-90s and I miss everything about him, especially his personal stories. I have a history with him, I care about him, I don't care about this unknown "other."

Sounds like the plot from Misery.

NowhereInTime

Quote from: rvkitty on July 20, 2015, 12:38:11 PM

Please, rvkitty, take some time to read Redacted's posts and to listen to her on the Gabcast (archived on ufoship.com ).  You will find her insightful, amusing and exceptionally knowledgeable about Art's career and the topics at hand!

NowhereInTime

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Khameleon808

LOL excellent post, I tried making that point last night who could pull off the "leather jacket" look better.
But yeah, lets not forget about holding the phone up to another phone that couldnt reach. That was a goodin.

Redacted, start your own stream. "TERRORDACTED" or something hehe.  Not good with names, but I know Id listen. Or i hope to hear you on the gabcast again. No clue whats going on.

Apparently shitstorms were also scattered last night in addition to the thunderstorms.