• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

MITD BLITZ!

Started by chefist, June 26, 2015, 02:19:24 PM

SaucyRossy

Quote from: chefist on July 07, 2015, 06:25:45 AM
holy cow that is good, Ross...

Thank you very much, this one was very hard to make.

chefist

Quote from: SaucyRossy on July 07, 2015, 01:15:13 PM

Thank you very much, this one was very hard to make.
Honestly I would have thought that was done by a team of folks! Even though the visual is remarkable, the sound is even better!

eddie dean

eddie dean

Quote from: (Redacted) on July 07, 2015, 04:48:21 PM

Dig it, dude.  Sincere thanks.

Well, I didn't know if this was still something you need for the PR thing.
I'll discontinue my efforts

Heather Wade

Quote from: eddie dean on July 07, 2015, 05:12:05 PM
Well, I didn't know if this was still something you need for the PR thing.
I'll discontinue my efforts

It is needed.  Thank you so much for finding the time to do this, now I have what I need to make the PR thing happen!!!  Sincerely appreciated, Eddie.  I'd drive to Phoenix to hug you, but that might be weird.

NXOEED

Okay, RE: Curtis's question about Vice...

I didn't want to say it in the channel, but there's a dude in my collective who writes for Vice. He went on an art hunt with me last year and wrote an article about it. He's the same dude who went viral taking two hits of acid and wandering around in the Mormon temple in Gilbert last year. That's how he introduced me to the arts editor and got me contributing for their site. I personally don't have a much better relationship with the editorial staff than anybody else, but my buddy does. He's aware of what we're doing here, and a pitch has been made. It's really a matter of whether or not they'll give a shit, and that's at about 50/50, because it's Vice, and they're kind of weird about what they do and don't accept (I've been rejected more times submitting pitches to them than for anything else in my life). But there is a pitch in the works.

Anyway, keep that between us.

chefist

Wow...the LDS introduced to LSD...cool

SaucyRossy

Quote from: NXOEED on July 07, 2015, 10:25:40 PM

I didn't want to say it in the channel, but there's a dude in my collective who writes for Vice. He went on an art hunt with me last year and wrote an article about it. He's the same dude who went viral taking two hits of acid and wandering around in the Mormon temple in Gilbert last year. That's how he introduced me to the arts editor and got me contributing for their site. I personally don't have a much better relationship with the editorial staff than anybody else, but my buddy does. He's aware of what we're doing here, and a pitch has been made. It's really a matter of whether or not they'll give a shit, and that's at about 50/50, because it's Vice, and they're kind of weird about what they do and don't accept (I've been rejected more times submitting pitches to them than for anything else in my life). But there is a pitch in the works.

Ok awesome. Your friend doesn't happen to be Hamilton Morris?? I love that guys work.

EDIT:
I looked up the article! I remember reading that article at the time, good stuff. Hopefully Vice takes the pitch.

chefist

Any way in hell someone could get Art to call into a special GabCast BEFORE the 20th? Just curious...it's not to mass appeal but more selfish!  ;)

Heather Wade

Quote from: chefist on July 08, 2015, 04:59:56 PM
Any way in hell someone could get Art to call into a special GabCast BEFORE the 20th? Just curious...it's not to mass appeal but more selfish!  ;)

:-X

Heather Wade

Quote from: NXOEED on July 07, 2015, 10:25:40 PM

Thank you for the effort.  I realize the pitch may be ditched, but we never know unless we try.

NXOEED

Quote from: (Redacted) on July 08, 2015, 05:14:18 PM

Thank you for the effort.  I realize the pitch may be ditched, but we never know unless we try.

I agree. There's no harm in trying a hundred times. One of em's bound to catch eventually.

chefist

I have visited many famous paranormal sites in my life...going to Mel's Hole next...no joke, even though there are many...who wants to go?

chefist

I've been reading old threads...I sincerely hope that Art appreciates all that MV, MK, Red, JAZ, Eddie and all the folks have done to keep Art's name out there all these years! MV you are toooooo modest...you have done Art a HUGE service! I'm amazed at all you have all done all these years...your hobby is almost if not a full time job! Unpaid by the way!

Total respect to you all!

ok, all butt kissing aside, get your asses back to work!

chefist

Is this true? Art on a skype call July 11?

http://cerointernational.com/

Heather Wade

Quote from: chefist on July 09, 2015, 01:32:41 PM

He was going to do Contact In The Desert this way, I don't see why he couldn't do this one too.  Makes me wonder if the non-compete allows this, but Art would know.

chefist

Quote from: (Redacted) on July 09, 2015, 02:09:36 PM

He was going to do Contact In The Desert this way, I don't see why he couldn't do this one too.  Makes me wonder if the non-compete allows this, but Art would know.
I bet since it is a pay to enter event, that falls into a different category...it's not for mass release...

eddie dean

Quote from: chefist on July 09, 2015, 01:32:41 PM

I was about to tweet this, then decided to wait until Art himself went public with it. 
Anyone know if he has mentioned it yet?

chefist

Quote from: eddie dean on July 09, 2015, 06:07:57 PM
I was about to tweet this, then decided to wait until Art himself went public with it. 
I haven't heard anything...that's why I posted it here...

Heather Wade

Quote from: eddie dean on July 09, 2015, 06:07:57 PM

I have not yet seen it mentioned, but I checked his facebook and twitter, it's not on those yet.  Don't see it at artbell.com yet.  Weird.  Good idea to wait, or I might have accidentally tweeted it too. 

eddie dean

Quote from: (Redacted) on July 09, 2015, 06:56:33 PM

I have not yet seen it mentioned, but I checked his facebook and twitter, it's not on those yet.  Don't see it at artbell.com yet.  Weird.  Good idea to wait, or I might have accidentally tweeted it too.

Good to know, thanks
The event is promoting it, so It's prob fine. I'm just being cautious.

chefist

Is Art doing any promos from the 16th to the 19th? My lips are  :-X

SaucyRossy

Ok heads up everyone, I've been working a bit on this the last 12-18 hours.

Looks like Art has agreed to do a Reddit AMA
I approached the subreddit R/Paranormal to host this and they responded positively.

I approached them for a few reasons. 1. The post I made on that sub got the most positive comments, upvotes, and lots of hits. They have more subscribers than ufology (75k vs 40k) and the moderator I've been in contact with has been very professional.

I considered approaching the conspiracy or AMA reddits but decided that, 1. Art isn't really about conspiracy, he's not alex jones. 2. The AMA sub has had some major drama going on and i didnt know if they would even get back to me in time for this to be scheduled before the 20th.

Here's what we are going to need to do.

If Art agrees to do this, the moderators of /Paranormal will post an announcement thread. We will need to organize as many bellgabbers as possible who use reddit to make sure that announcement isnt taken over by davebots. If we downvote negative comments they get hidden. I had multiple reddit users who registered ONLY to comment on my reddit posts for the art bell trailers, they were quite obviously dave bots and this AMA has the potential to bring them out like fly's to honey. or whatever.

Second, we will need some one on the day of the AMA to be Art's go to reddit person. That is, if Art is having trouble, has questions, or needs any help, he can rely on one of us to get the answer or get things done to make this all run smoothly. I have faith that the moderators will be really good but we can help Art out more directly.

So, any comments, questions, or suggestions?

chefist

Great plan, Ross...I'm here to help...I have not signed up for Reddit, so what is the best thing I can do to aid in your plan? I can devote time to this, so just let me know...

NXOEED

Will do, Ross. I've got an ancient reddit account I haven't used in years. I'll dust it off for such an occasion.

chefist

Haven't heard from (Red) on here in a bit...hmmmm...gone black?  :-X ;)