• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

MITD BLITZ!

Started by chefist, June 26, 2015, 02:19:24 PM

NXOEED

Quote from: SaucyRossy on July 01, 2015, 02:48:36 AM

Holy fuck NXO. That poster is insanely awesome. I kind of want to print it out and frame it haha

Thank you, Rossy.

Okay, here's a scan. My scanner is garbage but I'll try to get a better one at FedEx later. These'll be on every telephone pole, bulletin board and pub wall in the Greater Phoenix area by the end of the week.

Heather Wade

Quote from: NXOEED on July 01, 2015, 09:44:20 AM

Thank you, Rossy.

Okay, here's a scan. My scanner is garbage but I'll try to get a better one at FedEx later. These'll be on every telephone pole, bulletin board and pub wall in the Greater Phoenix area by the end of the week.

This scan will do the job.  Wow, thank you for this & everything you have planned.  I knew you were going to make something kick ass.

NXOEED

Quote from: (Redacted) on July 01, 2015, 10:44:59 AM

This scan will do the job.  Wow, thank you for this & everything you have planned.  I knew you were going to make something kick ass.

ah, thank you, Redacted. I can't wait to get these up.

chefist

Quote from: NXOEED on July 01, 2015, 10:50:58 AM

ah, thank you, Redacted. I can't wait to get these up.
I'll help you post when you are in Tucson, brother!

NXOEED

Quote from: chefist on July 01, 2015, 11:21:30 AM

hell yeah.

Heather Wade

Quote from: chefist on July 01, 2015, 11:21:30 AM

Rock n roll, Chefist, thank you.  That is no small job in the summer heat.  Take plenty of water.

chefist

From K Rowland just now!

Updated version of social media text (TuneIn paragraph changed)

ATTENTION ART BELL FANS! Wanna Take a Ride? Art is returning to broadcasting his famous nightly paranormal talk show, starting July 20th. The new show entitled “Midnight in the Desert” will be LIVE from 9PM-Midnight Pacific, Midnight-3AM Eastern and will be streaming out FREE over the Internet at http://www.artbell.com bringing you the same great topics, same great music, Monday thru Friday.

You can also listen to Art Bell on your smartphone or tablet using the great TuneIn Radio app. Download the FREE TuneIn Radio app and search for and follow the "Dark Matter Digital Network.”  The new home for Art Bell.

If you can’t stay up to listen LIVE for FREE, you can become a Time Traveler and listen the next day or weekend. Go to ArtBell.com, click on the "Join the Time Travelers" link, and subscribe for a low price of only $5 a month to access the past shows.

New show name, New digital station, same great Art Bell! Check out ArtBell.com and join us for the best in overnight talk radio.

Please SHARE the good news to all your followers.  #ArtBell.com

chefist

Quote from: (Redacted) on July 01, 2015, 12:48:11 PM

Rock n roll, Chefist, thank you.  That is no small job in the summer heat.  Take plenty of water.

Will do! Good news is that it's on 4th Ave...college bar street! Cold beer will be consumed! I can see it right now..James asks me, "How many did you get up, Ben?"...me, "How many what?"

NXOEED

So it begins....

I've got 700 of these guys in my front basket. These are just the spots I hit on my way back from the copy shop. I'll do a full assault tonight through Friday. This is the week of First Friday in Phoenix, where hundreds of thousands of people will be aimlessly roaming the streets. Viable flyer real estate is a huge thing this time of month. Best to strike early.

So, while I was on the train riding home from the copy shop, a dude caught one of the flyers out of the corner of his eye and said, "Holy shit, Art Bell's coming back?" and swiped one. This got five other people on the train to perk up and ask about Art's return. And this was just a random ride from Tempe back to Phoenix. I find this totally encouraging. I think it's gonna be huge. People were stunned (in a good way) to find out he's coming back.

chefist

Quote from: NXOEED on July 01, 2015, 02:45:47 PM
So it begins....
So, while I was on the train riding home from the copy shop, a dude caught one of the flyers out of the corner of his eye and said, "Holy shit, Art Bell's coming back?" and swiped one. This got five other people on the train to perk up and ask about Art's return. And this was just a random ride from Tempe back to Phoenix. I find this totally encouraging. I think it's gonna be huge. People were stunned (in a good way) to find out he's coming back.
That's a cool story, man!

NXOEED

I feel like just wandering into a crowded space and yelling "ART BELL RETURNS JULY 20" is almost sufficient enough.

Not that I'll be doing that or anything.

eddie dean

Is there going to be a problem using #MitD on twitter?
I just tweeted (@EddieDean45)  a gabcast Ep. update and included #MitD & #ArtBell
I see there are groups already associated with it:
Music Is The Destination
Made In The District

SaucyRossy

So it begins....

I've got 700 of these guys in my front basket. These are just the spots I hit on my way back from the copy shop. I'll do a full assault tonight through Friday. This is the week of First Friday in Phoenix, where hundreds of thousands of people will be aimlessly roaming the streets. Viable flyer real estate is a huge thing this time of month. Best to strike early.

Wow man!!! That's a great story.

jazmunda

So it begins....

This is AMAZING.

I'm wondering if other BellGabbers can print these out and stick them around their towns and cities.

chefist

Quote from: jazmunda on July 01, 2015, 09:15:58 PM
This is AMAZING.

I'm wondering if other BellGabbers can print these out and stick them around their towns and cities.

James...I can print the ones for Tucson! 11x17 OK?

Heather Wade

Quote from: chefist on July 01, 2015, 09:26:57 PM

Far beyond the call of duty, Chefist.  Wow.  That would be great.

Heather Wade

Quote from: eddie dean on July 01, 2015, 06:52:08 PM
Is there going to be a problem using #MitD on twitter?
I just tweeted (@EddieDean45)  a gabcast Ep. update and included #MitD & #ArtBell
I see there are groups already associated with it:
Music Is The Destination
Made In The District

I was afraid of that with the #MITD.  Let's stick with #ArtBell #ArtBell.com #DMTalk and the relevant tags #Paranormal #UFO #BigFoot #Ghosts #EVP #TimeTravel etc and can we throw in a little #MadScience for good measure?

chefist

Quote from: (Redacted) on July 01, 2015, 09:39:04 PM

Far beyond the call of duty, Chefist.  Wow.  That would be great.

Well I do have a printing company! Least I can do!

chefist

Martinis with friends! Life's good...old school blues!

NXOEED

Quote from: chefist on July 01, 2015, 09:26:57 PM

Ah thank you buddy. I've got tucson printed out already, but whatever extras you might want to post around town would be cool. Also, that's awesome that youve got a printing company. Good to know.

NXOEED

This is AMAZING.

Yeah totally. There's a 300 ppi image posted somewhere in the other blitz thread but I can get you guys multiple images to print if you need.

Heather Wade

This is AMAZING.

Quote from: NXOEED on July 01, 2015, 10:09:44 PM
Yeah totally. There's a 300 ppi image posted somewhere in the other blitz thread but I can get you guys multiple images to print if you need.

I wonder that too Jaz.  I am tempted to put out the call on the public Blitz thread, but don't want to ask too much of people.  Thoughts?

NXOEED

Quote from: (Redacted) on July 01, 2015, 10:11:21 PM

I wonder that too Jaz.  I am tempted to put out the call on the public Blitz thread, but don't want to ask too much of people.  Thoughts?

I have a thought on that. I'm on a bus right now, so I'll elaborate when I get to my laptop. But I'm thinking we can make it contagious, like something folks would want to do. I took a ton of pics of art bell flyers today, tried to make it look as fun as possible. Probably failed at it, but who knows...

Heather Wade

Quote from: NXOEED on July 01, 2015, 10:18:18 PM
I have a thought on that. I'm on a bus right now, so I'll elaborate when I get to my laptop. But I'm thinking we can make it contagious, like something folks would want to do. I took a ton of pics of art bell flyers today, tried to make it look as fun as possible. Probably failed at it, but who knows...

No... this is good... when you get settled with the laptop... do tell.

jazmunda

Quote from: (Redacted) on July 01, 2015, 10:11:21 PM

I say go for it.

Nobody has to do anything. I see no problem with letting people know that this is something they can do.

Plus it spreads the net wider than just social media.

NXOEED

Quote from: (Redacted) on July 01, 2015, 10:20:18 PM

No... this is good... when you get settled with the laptop... do tell.

Maybe if we had a display of already-hung posters around town accompanied by the 300 ppi scan and a message like "You can do this too, if you want"....

I was a little worried myself about sounding too demanding, so I stopped short of that. But I think we can make it look like fun, like something interesting and "real world" is happening out there. Enthusiasm is contagious.

NXOEED

Quote from: chefist on July 01, 2015, 02:41:00 PM
Will do! Good news is that it's on 4th Ave...college bar street! Cold beer will be consumed! I can see it right now..James asks me, "How many did you get up, Ben?"...me, "How many what?"

haha I didn't see this earlier. Do you hang out around 4th ave, Ben? It's one of my fav stomping grounds up there. We might know some of the same people.

This heat can go fuck itself, BTW. Phoenix is starting to get to me.

Heather Wade

Quote from: NXOEED on July 01, 2015, 10:48:02 PM

haha I didn't see this earlier. Do you hang out around 4th ave, Ben? It's one of my fav stomping grounds up there. We might know some of the same people.

This heat can go fuck itself, BTW. Phoenix is starting to get to me.

I'm with you on the heat, fucking 110 here today.

NXOEED

I hate summer so much.

jazmunda

Quote from: (Redacted) on July 01, 2015, 10:53:25 PM

I'm with you on the heat, fucking 110 here today.

48 here today. :(