• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Other Side of Midnight - Richard C. Hoagland - Live Chat Thread

Started by cosmic hobo, June 24, 2015, 09:00:52 PM

rfmwguy

Quote from: ShayP on October 13, 2015, 10:25:57 AM
Hello Dave...Hope the project is coming along and I dig the spots you do for the show.  Plus it's an honor when you join us.  As you can see, some of us don't adjust well to change.  I don't adjust well.  But today is a new day. 

it's a beautiful day in the neighborhood....
Thanks, I'll have to listen to them one of these days lol...ross arranged for me to do them, kinda my way of sayin thanks to osom for getting the word out that crazy experiments are out here in flyover country.

Yep, peoples help here have allowed me to plan phase II testing. Got small amount of reaction force from engine, now its time to increase power...I'll try to check in once in a while, I like this bunch here. May the force live long and prosper...wait...nevermind...

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: rfmwguy on October 13, 2015, 07:18:19 AM
Dayaaam, looks like I picked a bad time to stay off the computer. Good luck Ross and Richard. New adventures await. In honor of sauce, I adjust...Bruuups to all.

Bruups Dave. Hope all is going well with the project. Best wishes.

zeebo

So I heard the first twenty mins. before fading last nite, and thought ok, give benefit of the doubt, this'll get better .... oh man, wtf happened to our show?  We need an infusion of Rossy-esque style again immediately. 

zeebo

Quote from: Rix Gins on October 13, 2015, 01:50:25 AM
Here's the lineup for next week:

Monday:  Willard Scott on UFO shaped clouds.

Tuesday:  The Great Crash.  What caused the stock market to collapse.

Wednesday:  The  X Rated Roaring Twenties.  What your great grandparents did in depression era boxcars.

Thursday: Open lines.  Plus plea for dollars to support  home for aged UFO contactees.

Friday:  Richard Name Drops All Those Old Dudes That He Knows.  (Yeah...enough for a two hour show.)

Haha ... I think that Tue. show might be on the crash of 1893.

K_Dubb

Some Les Baxter (with Dr. Samuel J. Hoffman on the theremin) to soothe the nerves, strictly for the nostalgia-types.  Last night was two overexcited old guys who'd been up all day talking and drinking too much coffee.  They'll sober up if they're really old radio pros.

http://youtu.be/QbTPBT1-7X4

SciFiAuthor

Jeez. Last night was an exercise in what not to do on air. Nostalgia is not good, it only works if people of your generation are listening. I was born in 1975, I have nothing to be nostalgic about regarding things that happened years before I was born. Secondly, producers are background people, a few minutes on air would have been fine but cohosting did nothing but tell me that Richard hired a yes man. I hope things get better, but I fear bruups may lead to broops as in oops I fucked up.

AppealPlay

Damn, guys.  I didn't listen last night but I've read through the past few pages.  What the hell happened last night? ???

coaster

I bet Hoagland drops open lines altogether so it gives him more time to hear himself talk.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on October 13, 2015, 01:54:05 PM
Damn, guys.  I didn't listen last night but I've read through the past few pages.  What the hell happened last night? ???

We got a third Richard. Neither crazy nor Dick Cavett, just boring.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeLqsvFO31o

That's us at the end.

bateman

I feel hungover. Last night registered about a 9 on the Noorie scale.

inuk2600

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on October 13, 2015, 01:56:26 PM

I hope this new producer gets with the extra-dimensional torsion physics program or keeps quiet.

K_Dubb

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on October 13, 2015, 01:50:31 PM
Jeez. Last night was an exercise in what not to do on air. Nostalgia is not good, it only works if people of your generation are listening. I was born in 1975, I have nothing to be nostalgic about regarding things that happened years before I was born. Secondly, producers are background people, a few minutes on air would have been fine but cohosting did nothing but tell me that Richard hired a yes man. I hope things get better, but I fear bruups may lead to broops as in oops I fucked up.

Nah I was born in '73 and I eat that stuff up with a spoon, but I like history.  Hoagie appeals to me not only because he's old but I think he was one of those kids who was old, so he's culturally more like 90.  Have exactly the same trepidations, though, for the same reasons, and if it keeps up for a couple weeks I'll be right there with ya.

AppealPlay

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on October 13, 2015, 01:56:26 PM

Huh.  Weird.  It might take a few weeks to get into a groove with his new booker.  I wouldn't worry too much, guys.  The next time NASA releases a set of photos RCH will work his magic and discover obvious arcologies. :P

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on October 13, 2015, 02:02:42 PM
Nah I was born in '73 and I eat that stuff up with a spoon, but I like history.  Hoagie appeals to me not only because he's old but I think he was one of those kids who was old, so he's culturally more like 90.  Have exactly the same trepidations, though, for the same reasons, and if it keeps up for a couple weeks I'll be right there with ya.
Though, he is completely serious and well-credentialed and has solid guest, it is one of the reasons l like the Milt Rosenberg show. He is in his 90s and still going strong but also funny aspects since has very little clue over modern technology, and gets somewhat even frightened, or just incredulous, when things like the internet, hacking, banking fraud/identity theft, social media and people wanting to "share" everything, give up privacy, etc. I don't mind nostalgia but hope this show continues on the line Rossy was taking it with the new guests and futurism.

Quote from: K_Dubb on October 13, 2015, 02:02:42 PM

Nah, he's nothing like someone who grew up during the Depression.  I think he's pretty typical post-war.  I hear what you're saying though.

K_Dubb

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on October 13, 2015, 02:21:01 PM
Nah, he's nothing like someone who grew up during the Depression.  I think he's pretty typical post-war.  I hear what you're saying though.

Agree, post-war, pre-rock & roll.  His hyperdimensional physics is pure age of Aquarius in pseudoscientific guise, though, i. e. Hoagie was a late-blooming hipster hahaha.

K_Dubb

Quote from: albrecht on October 13, 2015, 02:16:14 PM
Though, he is completely serious and well-credentialed and has solid guest, it is one of the reasons l like the Milt Rosenberg show. He is in his 90s and still going strong but also funny aspects since has very little clue over modern technology, and gets somewhat even frightened, or just incredulous, when things like the internet, hacking, banking fraud/identity theft, social media and people wanting to "share" everything, give up privacy, etc. I don't mind nostalgia but hope this show continues on the line Rossy was taking it with the new guests and futurism.

Yes Rossy set the right direction brilliantly, and I'd be sad to see any other.  Thanks for the referral; will look up Mr. Rosenberg.

trostol

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on October 13, 2015, 01:50:31 PM

i wouldnt have even minded old stories if they had at least been interesting..and they were not interesting..matter fact his new producer even sounded down right creepy at times and indeed far to..busy on air with the show..if he is heard tonight then the show is lost

I just listened to the show and I still don't know.

wtf?

albrecht

No callers mention the deep connections with the Mattachine Society and CPUSA and how it was modeled the organization/activism "cell" structure after that communist model? (Later there were some splits for some people who wanted to admit loyalty to the USA and push out more "radical" elements and only to support the homosexual rights aspect, others who thought the homosexual stuff would hurt the CPUSA, and like most fringe political groups several splits etc over the years.) If we are going into the, basically debunked- or so 'they' and the author say- "Report from Iron Mountain" what about this conspiracy; that at least had more basis in fact? Just saying; plenty of fodder for conspiracy in all aspects of the political, or sexual, spectrum.

Morgus

Quote from: bateman on October 13, 2015, 02:00:22 PM
I feel hungover. Last night registered about a 9 on the Noorie scale.
How does that scale work? Does a higher number mean more like Noory or ?

ayala

I am sending this message to you all so you can know the truth. Rossy was driven out by Richard Hoagland who refused to pay him a penny. He told Rossy that he owned him and pushed him around like a slave.You can not even begin to guess how badly Rossy was treated. He was told that he had to put Richard ahead of his Family all the while refusing to pay him a cent. If you do not buy this ask Rossy yourself, he was insulted and made to feel like a slave so he quit. If you knew the truth it would make you sick. I am writing this because I just feel it is so very wrong, he may well not wish to speak of it but this is the sad truth.

Quote from: ayala on October 13, 2015, 03:48:33 PM
I am sending this message to you all so you can know the truth. Rossy was driven out by Richard Hoagland who refused to pay him a penny. He told Rossy that he owned him and pushed him around like a slave.You can not even begin to guess how badly Rossy was treated. He was told that he had to put Richard ahead of his Family all the while refusing to pay him a cent. If you do not buy this ask Rossy yourself, he was insulted and made to feel like a slave so he quit. If you knew the truth it would make you sick. I am writing this because I just feel it is so very wrong, he may well not wish to speak of it but this is the sad truth.

trostol

not saying its not true mind you..cause to me it all seems..timing wise...quite odd ..but Ross has said other wiise..til i hear it from him..even if it is in some mass PM..i have to go with what i was told

AppealPlay

We're doing fan fiction now?  Cool!

norland2424

I have proof, this is Rossy asking for a wage  ::)

I also think there was some sort of deterioration over the last little while as the vibe was getting stranger and stranger. I thought Rossy was getting deeper into his work but I don't know man. Things definitely got strange.

Like I said though, part of me glad is Rossy is gone because now the gloves come off with Richard.

onan

I'm not going into whose PM from Rossy is the best. I will say that RCH has a long way to go before he gets a benefit of doubt.