• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Other Side of Midnight - Richard C. Hoagland - Live Chat Thread

Started by cosmic hobo, June 24, 2015, 09:00:52 PM

Theadora

Quote from: expat on March 24, 2018, 10:10:32 AM
http://dorkmission.blogspot.com/2018/03/a-hoagland-anniversary.html

So far, the best venue for Richard C. Hoagland, has been for him to be interviewed as a guest of Art Bell; the only one who can reign him in, and bring out his best.  A good producer ought to harnes them both, along with Gary Leggiere, in order to create an occasional, ninety minute program of voice over still and moving images, presented over the Internet, as developing circumstances call for.

Hoagland could still play DJ all he wants, but at least the significant research would be presented in an entertaining, coherent, intelligent, and professional manner.  Expat might even be given an opportunity to participate, to the limited extent that he can be fair and objective.

Art Bell would likely accept for double scale, while Hoagland would probably take whatever was offered, and Gary might even finance the project.  Perhaps Expat will go so far as to take up the challenge, and put the package together as executive producer?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Theadora on March 25, 2018, 04:29:57 PM
So far, the best venue for Richard C. Hoagland, has been for him to be interviewed as a guest of Art Bell; the only one who can reign him in, and bring out his best.  A good producer ought to harnes them both, along with Gary Leggiere, in order to create an occasional, ninety minute program of voice over still and moving images, presented over the Internet, as developing circumstances call for.

Hoagland could still play DJ all he wants, but at least the significant research can be presented in an entertaining, coherent, intelligent, and professional manner.

I'd be down with that but dream on! Have you forgot about Art's stalker?

Theadora

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 25, 2018, 04:34:31 PM
I'd be down with that but dream on! Have you forgot about Art's stalker?

Art lives out there in the desert where rednecks get drunk and shoot rabbits at night from the bed of a well lit pickup truck at a high rate of speed, all the time.  Art just used that as an excuse.  His aim was to sell the show to what's her face, and coach her to take over, for better or worse, then move on to create and sell, yet another show.  He got called out on that, so gave up.  He doesn't want to work full time, but he likes to make a quick buck.

If Art had really been menaced by a stalker, he would have moved his family to a safe location without hesitation.  Instead, they all stayed there through two reported incidences, right up until today.  He likes Pahrump because it's cheap land, low property taxes, with minimally infringing state and local government. 

Art could have moved his family back to their condo in ManiLLLa, but wasn't even concerned enough to bother doing that.

albrecht

Quote from: AlternativeSide on March 24, 2018, 04:51:25 PM
Good idea,-  Golf show would be awesome, I'd be interested to know what Club he recommends...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdQr16_uQWo
Obviously he would only use an Alien wedge. With 19.5 degrees of loft.

Rix Gins

Quote from: Theadora on March 25, 2018, 04:29:57 PM
So far, the best venue for Richard C. Hoagland, has been for him to be interviewed as a guest of Art Bell;

This!!!  I used to want the two of them to do a regular show together but I know that ain't ever gonna happen.  I think that Richard never got over Art saying "Rocks Richard, rocks." 

Maxwell

I loaded theothersideofmidnight.com on my Android phone last night during the show. It loaded the home page initially but then Chrome froze. Then my phone crashed. It was a hard crash, too. The display shut off and the phone lost power. It wouldn't even turn back on--I had to pop the battery to get it to reboot. I tried a couple of other browsers and it crashed them as well.

I went back to the site just now and the same thing happened. It loads the main page but after a few seconds it crashes. I noticed this time that although the screen goes black, it's still faintly illuminated. Whatever it is, it locks up the phone. I've had apps crash before, but never anything like this.

Theadora

Quote from: Maxwell on March 25, 2018, 06:25:37 PM
...I've had apps crash before, but never anything like this.

It's as if one or a team of Hoagland's detractors, likes to create problems only in order to blame the victim.  Could it be to silence him, or to make it seem as if he has something significant enough to present that it needs to be censored?  Are Astroguy and Expat technically capable of such cracking, or might they have support?

albrecht

I loaded theothersideofmidnight.com on my Android phone last night during the show. It loaded the home page initially but then Chrome froze. Then my phone crashed. It was a hard crash, too. The display shut off and the phone lost power. It wouldn't even turn back on--I had to pop the battery to get it to reboot. I tried a couple of other browsers and it crashed them as well.

I went back to the site just now and the same thing happened. It loads the main page but after a few seconds it crashes. I noticed this time that although the screen goes black, it's still faintly illuminated. Whatever it is, it locks up the phone. I've had apps crash before, but never anything like this.
I mentioned this earlier but when I went to his site to listen my laptop started frying. Fan going crazy speed and activity out of control so I did a hard shut-down. I think RCH is running some scripts or something to mine coins? Something was making it run fast and slows the browsers etc down.

Theadora

Quote from: albrecht on March 25, 2018, 06:32:47 PM
I mentioned this earlier but when I went to his site to listen my laptop started frying. Fan going crazy speed and activity out of control so I did a hard shut-down. I think RCH is running some scripts or something to mine coins? Something was making it run fast and slows the browsers etc down.

The first time that Hoagland messaged me on facebutt, there were two other commentators to his page, who immediately began to message me at that same time, as if they knew that he was messaging me, and wanted to horn in.  After that, every time I logged on to his facebutt page, my computer ran like shit.  This was a long ass time ago.  I even wondered if Hoagland wasn't one or both of the other commentators.

A few months ago, a friend of mine who is an expert that worked on fixing the Y2K bug on agricultural mainframes, told me that once he was employed at an insurance company, where the computer security tech had the day off, and my friend had to substitute for him.  He was astounded to see some of the tools that the security tech had set up at his station.  There was one preference labeled, "Frustrate Him;" it would slow down a user's computer making it run like an old IBM 286.

Quote from: albrecht on March 25, 2018, 06:32:47 PM

What's the URL that you went to? I can take a peek................   

zeebo

Laughed last nite when Hoagie told the guest they had to cut to break right when he came on, because he'd wanted to give a full intro to his work.  Actually he'd spent like twenty mins. shilling for subscribers & outright donations.   ;D

Also I was surprised to hear he's been working on some 13-part tv series (same as his buddy Carl's Cosmos!)  Apparently was dropped like a hot potato because Trump and Putin are working on some kind of joint disclosure so they don't want Hoagie to steal their thunder.  ::)

Maxwell

albrecht

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on March 25, 2018, 07:17:45 PM
What's the URL that you went to? I can take a peek................   
I guess it is not "up" anymore but it was the place on the theothersideofmidnight.com where you can listen to the show live. Don't waste your time but tonight if you listen check it out. It seemed like something was trying to run/running on my system so that clocks was 100% and fan was spinning fast.

Quote from: albrecht on March 25, 2018, 07:22:53 PM
I guess it is not "up" anymore but it was the place on the theothersideofmidnight.com where you can listen to the show live. Don't waste your time but tonight if you listen check it out. It seemed like something was trying to run/running on my system so that clocks was 100% and fan was spinning fast.

Ok.   It's not unheard of.  For example if you go to Loren Coleman's old site Cryptomundo it loads scads of crap.  Can't imagine it's
producing much crypto but I guess if its in enough ads on enough sites maybe?

crankshaft

Quote from: albrecht on March 25, 2018, 07:22:53 PM

I don't go on RCH's website due to the resource drain it imposes on my rig. Sometimes, I'll use a script-blocked proxy if I really need to see something there. I think it's just incompetence and crappy code. I don't think RCH has the ability to do any coin mining or even to command a real coder to set up such a thing on his website.

zeebo

Quote from: crankshaft on March 25, 2018, 08:01:01 PM
I don't go on RCH's website due to the resource drain it imposes on my rig. Sometimes, I'll use a script-blocked proxy if I really need to see something there. I think it's just incompetence and crappy code. I don't think RCH has the ability to do any coin mining or even to command a real coder to set up such a thing on his website.

I'd agree, when it came up awhile back, he didn't seem to know the difference between bitcoin itself, the blockchain underneath, or third party brokers.  More likely he's got an infinite loop script or such.

albrecht

Quote from: crankshaft on March 25, 2018, 08:01:01 PM
Yeah, you are probably right. But I wonder, RCH is a grifter and maybe the "what's a USB?" "How does Skype work?" is a part of the con?

crankshaft

Quote from: albrecht on March 25, 2018, 08:24:16 PM
Yeah, you are probably right. But I wonder, RCH is a grifter and maybe the "what's a USB?" "How does Skype work?" is a part of the con?

RCH is not that sophisticated. RCH wears his brain on his sleeve.

astroguy

Quote from: zeebo on March 25, 2018, 07:20:05 PM
Also I was surprised to hear he's been working on some 13-part tv series (same as his buddy Carl's Cosmos!)  Apparently was dropped like a hot potato because Trump and Putin are working on some kind of joint disclosure so they don't want Hoagie to steal their thunder.  ::)
I would suspect, based on his interactions with people in the past (Rossy, for example, or any of the stations he's passed through), is that he simply demanded too much and they said, "We don't need you, you need us, so toodles" and that was that.

albrecht

Quote from: astroguy on March 25, 2018, 09:10:18 PM
I would suspect, based on his interactions with people in the past (Rossy, for example, or any of the stations he's passed through), is that he simply demanded too much and they said, "We don't need you, you need us, so toodles" and that was that.
There was a good, fun run when Rossy was involved. RCH in the D C mode as posters called it. And was ok for a bit after when he recruited some old dude and would swap radio stories and old radio tech. Then RCH screwed it up...to get back to the "model." Sigh...

astroguy

I would also suspect that his website just shows the general incompetence of his technical team. It's why, when he was complaining about how many combined years of experience they had as evidence they couldn't screw up and were being hacked, I was quite skeptical.  Proof is in the pudding, as they say, and Richard's pudding is a soupy, chunky, sour mess.

Zenman

Wow, shades of godlikeproductions. My theory is he's zombitizing for something other than crypto-purposes. We're probably all unknowingly working on The Model.

Morgus

Hoagie it made on tonight after all, Part II from yesterday but with his old imaging team...

astroguy

I am so sick of RCH telling people - who want to be brief - that "we have three hours, take your time!" He always runs out of time.  And not always because there's a lot of content, but because the guest may be able to talk for 30% of the time because RCH keeps interrupting and quizzing them.