The BEST Host of Coast to Coast

Art Bell
George Noory
Ian Punnett
George Knapp
Other Hosts
Mike Siegel

Max

ok so I figured we would do a poll here in the rumble room..

so lets rumble

*ADMIN NOTE* this topic was moved to General Discussion since I have opted to close the board in which this topic previously resided.

slipstream

Art Bell

My number two is:   Ian Punnett

MV/Liberace!

yeah i have to say i never had a problem with ian.  i know a lot of people do but he seems intelligent to me and genuine.  i don't go out of my way to listen to him at all but he certainly doesn't cause me to stare lovingly at my Glock .45 the way snoory does.

ArtBellFan

This Poll is a no brainer. 8)  There is no one who can compare to "The Master" Art Bell so why would anyone try.

EvB

Aww HELL I can't DO it!

Here is how I feel:  Vintage Bell, even newer Bell when he's rested up and ready to rock, is very very hard - if not impossible - to beat.  That Art Bell isn't even in the same class with the others on this list.  He's far ahead of that pack.

But, IMHO - Ian beats the "I'm really weary of this" Bell - at least by a bit.

Okay - shoot me!   8)

sillydog

I wouldn't shoot ya -- when Art is going on for an hour or more about Cats or potatoes or having Ed Dames on AGAIN, Ian does win.  Not all of Ian's shows mind you (Rock n' Roll anything is a pass in my book), but when he's on his game, though different, it's good radio that I'm not embarrased to share with others.

I also think George Knapp is a hell of a smart guy, but I just wish he could think on his feet a little better and had a better radio presence.  Love him or hate him, you always know it's Ian when he's talking.

Perhaps for the next quiz it could be worst host, other than Noory -- I liked Hilly Rose, but he was an aural Quaalude.

ArtBellFan

Quote from: sillydog on April 07, 2008, 10:35:08 PM

I also think George Knapp is a hell of a smart guy, but I just wish he could think on his feet a little better and had a better radio presence.  Love him or hate him, you always know it's Ian when he's talking.

Who told you he was a smart guy, maybe when it comes to munipulation but not Coast subjects. :o

I was looking for Mike Siegel on the list.

Seriously, though, I think John Wells would be an excellent weekend regular.  He's got the voice and the intellect - about as close to Spock as we are going to get.

That's a major handicap with Noory - his voice doesn't put the mustard in the jar.

Selenolycus

A better poll to take would be second-favorite to Art. Obviously, Art is going to top the list without a hitch.

Queen

Art is the best of course, but i have to say George is deffently a lot better then Mike! Who was that old man that sounded like he was born 2 years before moses! When Art left the radio the first time way back in the late 90's.  Oh it just came to me while i was typing,  Hilly Rose.  WOW, what a peace. LOL.  I dont know if this is true or not but i would bet my paycheck he fell asleep on the air one night.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: NIN on April 26, 2008, 12:46:44 PM
  I dont know if this is true or not but i would bet my paycheck he fell asleep on the air one night.
haha... i hope your paychecks are small because you're about to lose one of them.

Queen

I SWARE one night hilly was on the radio and he fell asleep, i remember hearing what sounded like he was snoring and the guest kept talking and when the guest was done talking u didnt hear anything so he kept talking lol.  I might be wrong but i sware hilly rose fell asleep behind the mic one night.

Max

now if someone in radio land could get some proof of that... it would be great...

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: admin on April 26, 2008, 12:49:56 PM
Quote from: NIN on April 26, 2008, 12:46:44 PM
  I dont know if this is true or not but i would bet my paycheck he fell asleep on the air one night.
haha... i hope your paychecks are small because you're about to lose one of them.
wait a minute... i got my paycheck comment backwards.  it was my intent to agree with you.  i didn't realize until now that in this circumstance, you'd be keeping your paycheck and gaining another.  wow... my bad... let's hope your paycheck is BIIIG so you can clean up!!

this website is owned and operated by a stupid, stupid man.

mikuthing01

I am going to have to go with the Nighthawk 12" of uncut Egyptian meat cant be wrong