• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

What are social justice warriors losing their shit about today?

Started by bateman, June 12, 2015, 06:46:40 PM

Quote from: albrecht on November 29, 2015, 09:39:26 PM
Man it is weird how many Bellgabbers have similar experiences. When I was a kid it was the Iranians and there was a Mosque build sorta secretively near a park and general wooded area near my old neighborhood. We "found" it as kids coming from the back side through the park and messing around in the woods (I think it was going to be a commercial stripmall-type building, then funding fell through, and then remodeled as a Islamic school/mosque.) All kinds of guards (as we saw them), rumors "they had Uzis" (why would Muslims use Israeli-made weaponry now that I think back!,) and weird shuttle buses of children, some in garb, to/from the school sometimes. Sometimes we would shoot bottle-rockets, throw a rock, or bb guns at them etc sometimes. Usually on dares ("they have UZIs!") Original insurgents. Ha! But, then again, we would also shoot/throw-at EACH OTHER with fireworks, rocks and dirtclumps, and bb guns for fun so? Not racism per se. But I recall the rumors and finding it. We thought ourselves like Stanley or someone finding a new civilization after tramping through woods, brambles, creeks, etc and then....a weird structure, all white-washed walls, with strange people some wearing garb etc. And we knew about Iranians from on the news! (Who knows? It could've been Sunni or that Turkish cult guy who has compound in the US?) Later it got developed and more roads around the area and now just a Islamic center (for all I know, haven't been back there in years.)
============================================
'Allo!
With you yet am i.
Couldn't resist this statement.
i suspect the Anglo-Persian Network driven from London/Putney.
Look at the chapter about the "Cult of the Peacock Angel"in re-printed book by psudonymous'Arkon Deraul'(no typo!)
Titled,"Secret Societies".
Mebbe on web,its'an golden oldie.
Many speculators claim book sanitised slanders from 'Sayyid Idries Siah/Shah'.
Not likeley.
My vote goes to an pre-eminent member of the golden dawn(NOT Greeks!)possibly Basil Wilby or author of the Pamela Coleman Smith tarot deck,whom is an kind of Bowdleriser-for-all-seasons...
Some of the symbol content of this deck echos edits of agenda in this book.
"B_B"
PS:No Logo!
['7VF']

paladin1991

Quote from: b_dubb on November 26, 2015, 10:32:09 PM
The Nazis wore uniforms. They self identified. Terrorists use stealth and deception to wage asymmetric war.

Political correctness doesn't enter into it.
Nor does mercy.  Terrorists should be hunted down and exterminated.

paladin1991

Quote from: VtaGeezer on November 29, 2015, 01:25:04 PM
It'll take WWIII or a similar cataclysm to teach the whiners that, on the scale of societal problems, being offended for one's feeling being hurt really doesn't move the needle.

Brother, let me buy you a Scotch.

paladin1991

Quote from: VoteQuimby on November 29, 2015, 07:51:01 PM
I live near a big muslim center where women still wear those outfits. It's bizarre. I want to tell them you don't have to do that bullshit anymore but I'm not going to dictate to them how to live. Incidentally the muslim center and muslim folks are cool and pretty much just do their own thing. When people go off about Islam I always think of the laid back American Muslims and wonder why people feel comfortable making such general statements?

I know articles will be posted about this American muslim or that American muslim doing evil shit. But I think to be a rational adult, you have to accept 10% of any group and of humanity itself is fucking crazy. Another 10% is evil.
They warned us about the 10 percenters in the Marine Corps.

albrecht

Quote from: Beelzebubbelah on November 30, 2015, 01:19:10 AM
============================================
'Allo!
With you yet am i.
Couldn't resist this statement.
i suspect the Anglo-Persian Network driven from London/Putney.
Look at the chapter about the "Cult of the Peacock Angel"in re-printed book by psudonymous'Arkon Deraul'(no typo!)
Titled,"Secret Societies".
Mebbe on web,its'an golden oldie.
Many speculators claim book sanitised slanders from 'Sayyid Idries Siah/Shah'.
Not likeley.
My vote goes to an pre-eminent member of the golden dawn(NOT Greeks!)possibly Basil Wilby or author of the Pamela Coleman Smith tarot deck,whom is an kind of Bowdleriser-for-all-seasons...
Some of the symbol content of this deck echos edits of agenda in this book.
"B_B"
PS:No Logo!
['7VF']
I've heard of the Peacock and the Yazidis but not the cult and book. Will look up. Thanks.
ps: "thousand points of light" ;)

VtaGeezer

Quote from: VoteQuimby on November 29, 2015, 07:51:01 PM
I live near a big muslim center where women still wear those outfits. It's bizarre. I want to tell them you don't have to do that bullshit anymore but I'm not going to dictate to them how to live. Incidentally the muslim center and muslim folks are cool and pretty much just do their own thing. When people go off about Islam I always think of the laid back American Muslims and wonder why people feel comfortable making such general statements?

I know articles will be posted about this American muslim or that American muslim doing evil shit. But I think to be a rational adult, you have to accept 10% of any group and of humanity itself is fucking crazy. Another 10% is evil.
I think the women can wear what they like; no one objects to Indian women with muffin tops wearing the sari with baremidriff.  Its the men.  The a-hole in Missouri should be deported.  He's the kind of closet zealot who may not support a terrorist cell, but would likely go along with "honor killing" the same niece for necking with a Baptist boy.  We shouldn't question what Muslim women choose to wear, but we should have zero tolerance for them being forced to wear trad trappings that imply submission.

albrecht

As with so many of the "hate" crimes this latest false one was found to have been done by a black activist in an attempt to shut down the campus and fuel fear and gain attention for her Pan-African Student Union.
http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/NJ-Woman-Arrested-For-Tweeting-Threats-To-Black-Students-Kean-359635811.html

Quote from: albrecht on December 01, 2015, 08:00:49 PM
As with so many of the "hate" crimes this latest false one was found to have been done by a black activist in an attempt to shut down the campus and fuel fear and gain attention for her Pan-African Student Union.
http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/NJ-Woman-Arrested-For-Tweeting-Threats-To-Black-Students-Kean-359635811.html

Cui bono?

albrecht

Quote from: bateman on December 06, 2015, 07:00:35 PM
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/dec/05/coca-cola-mexico-ad-indigenous-people
I once had a 'crazy' uncle who has some theory about foreign policy was based on Coca-Cola and Pepsi, I forget the theory now.
ps: Mexico is highly racist, or I guess, just say discriminatory (more based on ethnic, bloodlines, and wealth.) Much of the rich are white, like Spanish, but even the more 'non-white' don't like the blacks or the other "Latinos" from other countries or those of more Indian blood. Back in the days of colonialism and various regimes rule they had detail rules about "blood"...even today they have a game called Lotteria that features a character called "El Negrito" that looks hilariously like Obama did back in his younger, drug doing days! Google it. I think they even issued some stamps with some racist caricature on them also a few years ago? What is amazing is even in the people here on a jobsite with laborers of Mexican decedent they have all kinds of "jokes" and "terms" for the OTM (as government calls them 'other than Mexican') and illegals versus legals and for blacks etc.)

pyewacket

It never ends- so much for holiday spirit- good will towards men....NEVAAAAHHH!!!

Quote from: breitbart.com
Online feminists and social justice warriors (SJWs) have been fooled by users of an internet forum into starting a campaign to ban the Christmas tradition of kissing under mistletoe. Apparently, the small plant promotes nonconsensual kissing and even rape.

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2015/12/10/saynotomistletoe-feminists-claim-christmas-tradition-promotes-rape-culture/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: VoteQuimby on December 10, 2015, 07:13:04 PM
That is the greatest thing I've seen in awhile.  ;D ;D ;D

Good excuse for the sexual deviants to piss their pants and get away with it.   8)

chefist

Was eating next to new restaurant being picketed by protesters yesterday. They were mad about the name of the place, "illegal Pete's".

Anyone who entered was called a racist by the very hateful group that was protesting.

How can insulting the customers be a good strategy? BTW, half the staff and customers were clearly " of color". I spoke to an Hispanic server there and she said the owners were the best people she has ever worked for.

Quote from: chefist on December 10, 2015, 09:14:52 PM
Was eating next to new restaurant being picketed by protesters yesterday. They were mad about the name of the place, "illegal Pete's".

Anyone who entered was called a racist by the very hateful group that was protesting.

How can insulting the customers be a good strategy? BTW, half the staff and customers were clearly " of color". I spoke to an Hispanic server there and she said the owners were the best people she has ever worked for.

That dude's business is going to explode so hardcore. I couldn't imagine better publicity.

chefist

Quote from: VoteQuimby on December 10, 2015, 09:21:41 PM
That dude's business is going to explode so hardcore. I couldn't imagine better publicity.

I talked to one of the owners...he said it happened at their other locations too, but died off quickly...

He said they would probably see the protesters eating there soon...lol

Another student showed up with a sign that said "you are too sensitive"... One of the protesters took it and tore it up. A cop I was talking to said if that student wanted, he could have had the protesters arrested for destruction of property.

Gives you an idea of how hypocritical this group is.

I told him he should put up a holiday banner, "may all your Christmases be white".

Quote from: chefist on December 10, 2015, 09:27:56 PM
I talked to one of the owners...he said he happened at their other locations too, but died off quickly...

He said they would probably see the protesters eating there soon...lol

Another student showed up with a sign that said "you are too sensitive"... One of the protesters took it and tore it up. A cop I was talking to said if that student wanted, he could have had the protesters arrested for destruction of property.

Gives you an idea of how hypocritical this group is.

I lived around and with these motherfuckers for years, trust me I know.  ;D

Here's their petition on Change.gov

QuoteGoing up outside the main gate of the University of Arizona is Illegal Pete’s Mexican restaurant. Apparently, ignorant that Tucson is in Arizona â€" the SB 1070 anti-immigrant state â€" the owner, Pete Turner, feels free to dehumanize and insult millions of people. Tucson is also where the anti Ethnic Studies HB 2281 resulted in the elimination of Ethnic Studies in this state. If he is not aware why the term “illegal” in reference to a person, a people or a culture is demeaning, he can go to: https://www.raceforward.org/practice/tools/drop-i-word-campaign

Please sign this petition, which calls for either changing the name of the restaurant or shutting it down before its mid-December opening. Either that or face a full-scale boycott.

The letter below is being delivered to the owner of the restaurant:

M.E.CH.A.

To" Pete Turner, owner of Illegal Pete’s:

The content of this letter is, simply put, very familiar to you and your company.

This fact, in particular, is the cause of much of our frustration and anger, but this is, by far, not our only point of contention. Over and over, you have claimed that you are dedicated to, and have provided much for, the community where your restaurants have existed, but what we ask is which community are you serving? What we are telling you is that we are not like other communities where your business exists, and we are more than willing to show you that.

Demographically, the cities of Tucson and South Tucson have a drastic
percentage gap of Latina/o persons than your current locations (using the 2010 census, the smallest gap was about 10% and the largest was about 60%). To you, this may mean nothing, but what you must realize is that you, and your business, do not exist in a context-free world. To you, “illegal” is a playful and meaningless descriptor that gives your restaurant a memorable name; it creates a “clever” brand. That is because this word, and its connotations, affects only your stress level and your wallet.

We are here to tell you that no longer will you be able to claim blissful ignorance and profit from racism.

Unlike the state of Colorado, Arizona has legalized racial profiling and
criminalization of brown persons by the state. Senate Bill 1070, passed in 2010, is just one aggression towards brown persons in a series that spans five hundred years; and the use of “illegal” to stigmatize Mexicans, Central Americans, Mexican-Americans, Latina/os, Chicana/os, and other brown persons is just another aggression that continually dehumanizes these communities. Your restaurant, and even more its name, completely disregards this slur and uses it as a tool to normalize the racism that
is inherent within the term. Building upon the fact that the primary style of the menu is “Mission-style Mexican”, not only does your establishment offend a large portion of the Tucson and South Tucson communities, but it also appropriates its culture for the sole purpose of making money. It is beyond doubtful that any given patron is aware of the ridiculous story that you have provided to justify the use of “illegal”, and it is even more doubtful that this patron will consciously separate the fare from the name that is plastered all around them. Intentionally or not, you, by refusing to change the name, are perpetuating the use of “illegal” in connection with the Mexican culture. Moreover, the strategic location you have chosen (walking distance from the University of Arizona) and the inclusion of a bar in your racist-named restaurant, will unquestionably prolong our community’s problem with racially charged, alcohol induced “celebrations” of appropriated Mexican culture (i.e. Cinco de Mayo).

Already you have created a rift in our community, convincing our Hispanic
Chamber of Commerce that, due to your high-paying positions, you are an overall positive institution, but what type of positive institution blatantly profits from marginalized communities? We, as voices of both the Latina/o community of Tucson and the University of Arizona student community, are standing up to your institution of hate and telling you that although you control your business, we will faithfully represent our community. And no matter how much you try to bribe us by “giving back to the community”, you will never be able to pay your way out of the fact that you have built a chain of restaurants on the exploitation and appropriation of a group of people that suffer because of a word and the hatred that fuels it.

Language represents ideas and no human is “illegal”.

You have heard this argument before and have willfully dismissed it - we are here to tell you that you will no longer be able to continue under this hateful name.

This letter is only the beginning.

Con fuerza,
M.E.Ch.A de University of Arizona

I didn't even make it through the second sentence before I was pissed and couldn't give a fuck less about anything else this writer has to say.

Quote from: chefist on December 10, 2015, 09:14:52 PM

don't think i'd use that line of thinking if stopped by the highway patrol and told i had made an illegal stop or illegal turn. might just stick with asking who.  ;)

The tone of that letter is so condescending and insulting that it's bordering on delusional.

chefist

Quote from: Evil Twin Of Zen on December 10, 2015, 09:41:29 PM
don't think i'd use that line of thinking if stopped by the highway patrol and told i had made an illegal stop or illegal turn. might just stick with asking who.  ;)

Lol exactly... The cop I spoke with said they have a hands off approach... The less they did the quicker everything calms down... It started with around 60 protesters...in an hour it was down to 20...

Quote from: chefist on December 10, 2015, 09:44:18 PM
Lol exactly... The cop I spoke with said they have a hands off approach... The less they did the quicker everything calms down... It started with around 60 protesters...in an hour it was down to 20...

the place could have offered free beer and cleared it in five minutes.

chefist

Quote from: VoteQuimby on December 10, 2015, 09:42:38 PM
The tone of that letter is so condescending and insulting that it's bordering on delusional.

The head guy who wrote this and was there kept talking about "economic slavery"... Had a black fedora with a red star on it...probably a communist of the Latin American variety... They use race as a lead in to their ideology...