• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

What are social justice warriors losing their shit about today?

Started by bateman, June 12, 2015, 06:46:40 PM

albrecht

Quote from: akwilly on November 12, 2015, 07:20:51 PM
Washington Redskins.
The brief filed by Pro Football, Inc is quite amusing, to any legal types out there, and even just for the laughs of some of the other "offensive" names registered with the government. Especially page 38/39 and the footnote 4. Warning this opens a pdf!
http://pdfserver.amlaw.com/nlj/Pro-Football%20opening%20brief.pdf

akwilly

Quote from: albrecht on November 12, 2015, 07:44:31 PM
The brief filed by Pro Football, Inc is quite amusing, to any legal types out there, and even just for the laughs of some of the other "offensive" names registered with the government. Especially page 38/39 and the footnote 4. Warning this opens a pdf!
http://pdfserver.amlaw.com/nlj/Pro-Football%20opening%20brief.pdf
Damn that is freakin funny. Thanks for finding that

albrecht

Quote from: akwilly on November 12, 2015, 09:07:35 PM
Damn that is freakin funny. Thanks for finding that
Even lawyers can have fun in the their work, sometimes, and be billing a lot of hours while doing it! I wonder how many billable hours were used looking up the funny offensive names registered? Hahaha.

akwilly

Quote from: albrecht on November 12, 2015, 09:23:19 PM
Even lawyers can have fun in the their work, sometimes, and be billing a lot of hours while doing it! I wonder how many billable hours were used looking up the funny offensive names registered? Hahaha.
Definatly a good assignment for the interns.

3OctaveFart

Quote from: VtaGeezer on November 12, 2015, 07:26:59 PM
Not the same.  I'm talking about the football/basketball teams, many of whose players are Remedial Reading majors, directing university administration.  The Mizzou Pres was hanging solid against a small noisy group of entitled whiners, until the football team called a strike.  He was gone in 24 hours.
Geezer, I would think a pinko egalitarian like you would avoid profiling these learned "student-athletes". Smirk.

I would add that Missouri's administration has been historically and openly hostile to conservative and libertarian views. Shocker, I know.

Missouri does not want to have the conversation that needs to be had.

popple

Quote from: pyewacket on November 12, 2015, 07:28:01 PM
Break out the antacids to watch this.

"Absolutely"
"Yeah, I mean absolutely"
"I come from an incredibly working class family" LOL
"I don't believe that. That sounds absolutely ludicrous to me"
This is the person they send out to speak on behalf of all of them?  ;D

akwilly

Quote from: popple on November 12, 2015, 10:00:18 PM
"Absolutely"
She kinda reminded me of that Miss America or whatever girl.

popple

Quote from: pyewacket on November 12, 2015, 06:17:52 PM
Oooh that's an HR spanking, Bateman!

How insensitive of you- please review this chart and embrace your emotional/mental programming. 

The transrachel nickname is brilliant. This bitch took a scholarship away from actual black people because she felt black inside  ::)

Quote"She went to a HBCU on full scholarship â€" which her parents claim was given to her because they thought she was black. She taught classes on the African-American experience. She eventually rose to the role of president of the local NAACP chapter."
https://twitter.com/DailyMail/status/611158865015644160

Caitlyn Jenner was also using her male name to get into golf clubs after she transitioned, and she bitches about having to do her makeup every day  :P If you wanna be a woman you gotta put up with the same shit the rest of us have to.

pyewacket

"Absolutely"

Wasn't that something? This college student appears on a major cable show to be interviewed by NC, who has a Master's degree in communications and is a managing editor, news anchor, and a VP of business news, and that was the extent of her show prep? We all know where she should apply for work- don't we.  ;)

pyewacket

Quote from: popple on November 12, 2015, 10:08:36 PM
The transrachel nickname is brilliant. This bitch took a scholarship away from actual black people because she felt black inside  ::)

Caitlyn Jenner was also using her male name to get into golf clubs after she transitioned, and she bitches about having to do her makeup every day  :P If you wanna be a woman you gotta put up with the same shit the rest of us have to.

;D ;D ;D

And yet it doesn't seem that anyone picketed and demanded Rachel's resignation. No one mentioned her white privilege.   

I'm sorry- I'd better not comment on Jenner.  :-X

Eddie Coyle

Imagine if these bogus scholarship, sub 800-SAT charity cases protesting actually had to pay tuition? Then they'd really stage a "die-in".

These charity case "students" all look about 26 to begin with.

albrecht

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on November 13, 2015, 11:04:24 AM
    Imagine if these bogus scholarship, sub 800-SAT charity cases protesting actually had to pay tuition? Then 'd they really stage a "die-in".

These charity case "students" all look about 26 to begin with.
These silly adults, both students and professors, who are supporting this insanity really don't understand the situation. They all keep harping about "Europeans" get it free etc. Now, this varies by country to an extent but in some cases true, its 'free' but they pay higher personal income taxes, which this group would be fine with- but would they also understand that the students need to keep their marks up? That students can't just choose whatever major they wish, or drift along with no major? That you must keep up your grades and graduate on track? That they don't accept many students in, or have, whole departments filled with worthless educators based on "gender studies" or other worthless majors and even in some majors that are important or serious, like anthropology, don't necessitate more than a few students a year? That you must QUALIFY for the universities by passing tests, interviews, and taking appropriate classes (and getting good marks) beforehand? That most people don't go to the universities but go to other forms of education? That even to get into high school/college-prep (equivalents) you must take and get high marks on specialized tests early on (often around 12?) For even more advanced degrees your specialization might be chosen for you or it is by lottery (not ever doctor can become a dermatologist, for example, because society might need more GPs. etc?) Or that post-graduation from Med school you might (differs by country) assigned to work in some location that might not be of your choice and that your pay scale is determined by some government chart?
ps: this is not to say that student debt and the inflation is a problem (both of the costs of education and the grade inflation.)

paladin1991

Quote from: VtaGeezer on November 12, 2015, 07:26:59 PM
Not the same.  I'm talking about the football/basketball teams, many of whose players are Remedial Reading majors, directing university administration.  The Mizzou Pres was hanging solid against a small noisy group of entitled whiners, until the football team called a strike.  He was gone in 24 hours.
Money talks.

paladin1991

"Absolutely"

And the war was lost without firing a shot.  *shrug*  Oh well.

paladin1991

Quote from: pyewacket on November 12, 2015, 10:29:39 PM
I'm sorry- I'd better not comment on Jenner.  :-X

Yeah, you're not a man and rather than being accused of sexist attacks, I should comment on Bruce being a man....wait, he's not a man anymore.  Fire away, babe. 

pyewacket

Quote from: paladin1991 on November 13, 2015, 11:47:47 AM
Yeah, you're not a man and rather than being accused of sexist attacks, I should comment on Bruce being a man....wait, he's not a man anymore.  Fire away, babe.

HaHa- but s/he still has  ...  you know ... (whispers) those parts   :-[ :-\ :-[

paladin1991

Quote from: pyewacket on November 13, 2015, 12:00:37 PM
HaHa- but s/he still has  ...  you know ... (whispers) those parts   :-[ :-\ :-[
https://youtu.be/GT0AEdWJ3FQ

Are they really there if they don't work?

pyewacket

Quote from: paladin1991 on November 13, 2015, 12:05:07 PM
Are they really there if they don't work?

Sweetie paladin, I don't know nor do I want to know- some things are best left in mystery.  ;)

pyewacket

And now- a new list of demands- the chickens have certainly come home to roost.

The Rime of the Ancient Mariner, 1798:
<snip>
Ah! well a-day! what evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the Albatross
About my neck was hung.
</snip>

http://downatyale.com/post.php?id=537

Eddie Coyle

I think I've underrated school shootings. Missouri needs a McBeef.

albrecht

What the heck is a "Chicanx & Latinx?" The social movements and "self identification" is resulting in so many new alphabet-soup groups and new words I can't even keep up with it.

chefist

Quote from: VtaGeezer on November 13, 2015, 01:11:03 PM
A 50-something professional TV pundit like Cavuto against a 21 yr old undergrad is no contest; especially when she doesn't know tax history and Cavuto isn't going to volunteer it.  He should be ashamed of himself.  The 90% rate he kept referring to is a BS straw man. When it did existed (ended 50+ yrs ago), it applied to taxable income over $400K ($3M+ in 2015 $), and the avg total income for Fortune 500 CEOs was under $900K. Hardly anyone was in the 90% bracket.

Either way the student was completely in agreement with a 90% tax. My best friend is a business professor at Rutgers, and worships at the alter of the Democratic Party.  I have asked him on numerous occasions, what percent do Democrats deem "fair"...he never answers the question...why, because like this student many want to take all the wealth from the 1% and are too scared to openly admit it...

onan

Quote from: chefist on November 13, 2015, 01:21:01 PM
Either way the student was completely in agreement with a 90% tax. My best friend is a business professor at Rutgers, and worships at the alter of the Democratic Party.  I have asked him on numerous occasions, what percent do Democrats deem "fair"...he never answers the question...why, because like this student many want to take all the wealth from the 1% and are too scared to openly admit it...

I'm for guillotining the 1%.

albrecht

Maybe one can't blame a student who, after all, it appears never had to pay any bill herself in her life but it unforgivable that a business professor would think a tax rate at that level would be beneficial to the economy! Also, I find it interesting that many of the places (not all, but many) where the malcontents are protesting owe people like the 1% for much of their foundation, funding, naming, scholarships, investment management, endowments; whole libraries, schools, colleges, dorms, etc even named after 1%s (not bikers- but the evil rich guys.) Even the name "Rutgers" owes itself because of one of those evil, rich, white guys gave a bunch of money and saved the school from closure.

pyewacket

You bet they won't admit it! As Cavuto tried to point out- even if you take every penny of the 1% it still won't support all the spending programs and government waste.

Comparing the US of 50 years ago to the US of today is like comparing apples to oranges- too much has changed.

albrecht

Quote from: pyewacket on November 13, 2015, 01:34:03 PM
You bet they won't admit it! As Cavuto tried to point out- even if you take every penny of the 1% it still won't support all the spending programs and government waste.

Comparing the US of 50 years ago to the US of today is like comparing apples to oranges- too much has changed.
Most of those "students," and many of those professors, wouldn't have a shot in hell to even be IN those schools 50+ years ago much less taking/teaching worthless courses.