Started by wr250, May 10, 2015, 04:22:22 PM

wr250

sparknode is fast and all, when its up. when it fails it fails spectacularly

wr250

and why the hell does it take 48 hours to:
1. build a server
2. put an os on it
3. restore all the VM's from backups?
you did have backups,right ? your a hosting company, YOU DID HAVE BACKUPS right?

eddie dean

I agree with this thread!   What a joke of a company!
Gn must own it

coaster

sparkchode is fast and reliable. hater.

Dateline

Look for a Norry sparknode endorsement!

starrmtn001

That it doo, that it doo!

eddie dean

It's my opinion that Spark Node will be doing some SERIOUS ball cupping in the coming  days to keep their customers happy.

Juan

wr250

Quote from: Juan on May 10, 2015, 04:56:56 PM
I still blame sNoory.
as do i. all things that suck can be traced back to dave

Lol de lol lol lol lol! Soooo true, wr250, sooooo true!

lonevoice

Quote from: wr250 on May 10, 2015, 04:58:28 PM
as do i. all things that suck can be traced back to dave
Dave stole my avatar!  Dave, why do you hate Elvira?  You suck!

eddie dean

Tweet from sparknodehost:
Sparknode (@sparknodehost) tweeted at 3:36 PM on Sun, May 10, 2015:@mvandeven we are right there with you on this situation being unacceptable.  We will be doing our best to make it tight with you.

oh my!

Dateline

There are no coincidences.  Someone or something has been tweeking and twerking on the Bellgab nodes.  This is beginning to become a weekend occurrence and each time it becomes more catastrophic.

lonevoice

Quote from: eddie dean on May 10, 2015, 05:58:09 PM
We will be doing our best to make it tight with you.
tight = $10,000 minimum.  Don't accept a penny less.

ItsOver

I thought the rats had broken free before dinner and eaten through the wires.

wr250

i will mirror this site once all the little bugs get squished

eddie dean

What-do-ya-know, sparknode is running a special this month:

* Buy one catastrophic server crash, the second is free!!

In all seriousnes MV,  I hope they make this right. I don;t mean to add to your stress here.
It sucks to have to spend your weekend dealing with incompetent hosting companies and calling 800 support numbers.
Lip service means nothing! 
It's performance and customer service that really matters. Especially when there is an issue. That's what you pay them for. Not for promises or apologies after the fact. If they don't have procedures in place for any and every contingency, then they are not worth a penny of what you pay them.

Bellgabbers appreciate the work you and Curtis do to keep this place going. Someday you'll look back and laugh about this. Maybe not this  day, but someday. 

b_dubb

SpunkBlowed Hosting - When You Sometimes Want a WebSite But Mostly Want a Pain In The Ass

wr250

Quote from: b_dubb on May 10, 2015, 06:48:01 PM
SpunkBlowed Hosting - When You Sometimes Want a WebSite But Mostly Want a Pain In The Ass
theres a taintco product to fix that

coaster

I had noticed that for a day or two before the site when down, the forum wasn't loading for me. It would load half a page and freeze, and I'd have to refresh several times to get it to load all the way. I was going to post about it, but it didn't seem like anyone else was having problems. Then I thought maybe it was on my end, but everything else was working fine.

3OctaveFart

High praise for the site. I am a big fan of this place.
It being down fairly dashed my work weekend.

b_dubb

Quote from: wr250 on May 10, 2015, 06:53:50 PM
theres a taintco product to fix that
There's a Taintco product that will make it worse and give you an embarrassing rash

wr250

Quote from: b_dubb on May 10, 2015, 07:13:27 PM
There's a Taintco product that will make it worse and give you an embarrassing rash
theres a harribo product to do that as well. works even better than laxibrew.

Catsmile

Why the server was down for so long... the rest of the story.

Meanwhile... ITguy prepares to fix the downed server, again.

NOPE! NOPE! NOPE!

jazmunda

I thought this thread was about Sharknado. Do you think Noory will buy me new glasses?

paladin1991

Question:  Was it all of sparky's clients who got their nodes sparked or was it just bellgab?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: paladin1991 on May 11, 2015, 12:47:34 AM
Question:  Was it all of sparky's clients who got their nodes sparked or was it just bellgab?

it affected every sparknode customer who had a VPS on the same physical server as me, although i don't know if restoration of service was quite as dramatic for the other clients, if at all.

UFQuack

Glad to see the website is huffin' and puffin' again but it looks like some avatars may have fallen off the back of this train.

I feel like I've lost my personality, will they be back?

Maybe I shouldn't have but I tried to upload my avatar again--that didn't work.

Quote from: MV on May 11, 2015, 01:18:13 AM
it affected every sparknode customer who had a VPS on the same physical server as me, although i don't know if restoration of service was quite as dramatic for the other clients, if at all.

Keith wants a transcript of your Sparknode comments before you go on air..