• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Windows mp3 player which remembers track & position

Started by zeebo, April 04, 2015, 05:06:57 PM

zeebo

Anyone know a Windows mp3 player that automatically remembers which track was last playing in a playlist, and the position within that track when the program exits?

I have tried this in VLC and VSO and have not been able to get it working.  When I reopen the player I just want it to go right to the last track & position where I left off.

wr250

nice work MV , you got all these people wanting to record your show for you. that way when you forget to push the record button, you have all these inbuilt backups ...

zeebo

Quote from: VegasI15 on April 05, 2015, 08:21:03 AM
Foobar2000 does the trick.
http://www.foobar2000.org/

Perfect!  Thank's Vegas.  Just what I was looking for.  8)

Btw in v1.3.8. the option is still under Preferences:Playback but named "Save playback state when closing foobar2000 and resume on next startup".

For anyone else interested ... some good things about this solution:

* No bulky video interface - just for audio
* Easily remembers previous list even sort order without having to deal with playlist files & media libraries
* With above option on, remembers last track & exact position w/o bookmarks, just comes right back on reopening app.
* Freeware

cweb

Wow, I didn't know Foobar had that option.

Nice tip!

VegasI15

Quote from: zeebo on April 05, 2015, 03:00:29 PM
Perfect!  Thank's Vegas.  Just what I was looking for.  8)

Btw in v1.3.8. the option is still under Preferences:Playback but named "Save playback state when closing foobar2000 and resume on next startup".

For anyone else interested ... some good things about this solution:

* No bulky video interface - just for audio
* Easily remembers previous list even sort order without having to deal with playlist files & media libraries
* With above option on, remembers last track & exact position w/o bookmarks, just comes right back on reopening app.
* Freeware

You're Welcome!   As a guy who eats, drinks and sleeps digital audio, Foobar is the best I have found.   It will do the simplest things easily.  But at the same time, if you wish, will perform endless advanced functions.   Here is what my foobar looks like.

zeebo

Quote from: VegasI15 on April 06, 2015, 08:13:52 PM
... As a guy who eats, drinks and sleeps digital audio, Foobar is the best I have found.   It will do the simplest things easily.  But at the same time, if you wish, will perform endless advanced functions...

I'm really diggin' it.  It's perfect for simple mp3 audio, seems pretty fast & lightweight, plus extra features if needed as you mentioned.  Great recommendation.