• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

David Paulides Missing 411

Started by goldendeal, January 22, 2015, 10:38:00 PM

Quote from: tos11201 on July 19, 2015, 03:30:58 PM
Scroll up.

Since you took the time to listen to it, does he specifically say its Bigfoot or is that just intertwined because hes also is a Bigfoot investigator?  Ive heard all his interviews with Knapp, and he never once said specifically anything about Bigfoot being the cause. I will listen to this also.

OK.

I listened to most of the video, but He didn't say anything that implied Bigfoot. But..

As I listened to it, I started googling the guy.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/forum/cd/discussion.html?ie=UTF8&cdForum=Fx8BXWJCRSWPXK&cdThread=Tx84674Z7GXLNX

Looks like hes bullshit, and others HAVE done their homework.

Dave?

goldendeal

Quote from: tos11201 on July 19, 2015, 03:30:58 PM
Scroll up.
"I have yet to hear Paulides blame Bigfoot also for the disappearances. Anyone has a link or a vid where Paulides blames Bigfoot, I would be interested to see or hear it"

And you won’t either, Knapp asked him point blank if he thought Bigfoot was behind the disappearances and  Paulides response was , he didn't know, could say one way or the other, wants readers/listeners to make up their own mind on the mystery. Paulides never has committed to giving an explanation for what he believes is the cause of these people missing.
The only thing that comes to mind on the Bigfoot connection was his story of a small child that was missing in a national park and two hikers reported seeing a large 9 to 10 foot dark hairy creature carrying the child on its shoulders high into the mountains miles from here the child originally disappeared...one story out of hundreds that could possibly tie in with Bigfoot.

Gingerwatch

Hello, I'm new to the BellGab forums.  I have been reading for a long time but decided to join and post last night in light of Art's return.  I hope I'm not being redundant or breaking any etiquette here, I want to be respectful and join your conversation.  Love reading what you guys have to say.  I have been totally obsessed with the David Paulides stuff and really appreciate your view points.  It may have already been brought up but there is one time where you can almost hear him say "Bigfoot is doing it."  It's on a YouTube video where he is presenting to LA Mufon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeT2FG88PIM

Especially towards the end he hints that he doesn't say it's Bigfoot directly, because he doesn't want to upset parents that their kid might have been taken and even eaten by Bigfoot.  I'm paraphrasing but see if you don't think he implies that pretty heavily.

Again I hope to not ruffle any feathers (or fur) - I really admire you guys and I'm really into all this stuff, but kind of scared to join your conversation.

onan

Quote from: Gingerwatch on July 20, 2015, 09:24:48 AM
Hello, I'm new to the BellGab forums. 

Welcome, have fun. None of us bite. We probably would if we had your address and were close by...

AudioFileZ

Noory is in a pattern of having the same guests on so frequently it's almost comical.  That vet who is like a geneticist and holistic doctor ,or something (?), Wallach comes to mind for instance.  Now, since he can't find fresh guests of his own he's mining what other hosts have discovered - such as Knapp's Missing 411 series with David Paulides.  Now, don't get me wrong, at first I found Paulides  research quite interesting as it was a topic that is mysterious with a heavy dose of reality in that people really are missing.  That said, the similarities begin to diminish the impact, even when the stories are new,, especially since there's no actual closure to most stories. My point is that Noory goes to the same well too often and I get the feeling he's having trouble coming up with new show topics and guests.  i believe Noory is devoting too much time to his side projects such as his TV show, many convention appearances, and the truly annoying "Paranormal Date".  He's building his own brand co-opting the C2CAM base even while he further bastardizes the core Art built C2CAM on.   Don't even get me started about the worlds most frequent and annoying commercials.

gdwarner

After Richard's show -- which could have been better -- I listened to tonight's episode of Coast by way of KNEWs' stream:

http://www.943knews.com

It was actually pretty interesting. While it is true that most of his cases end the same way ("He's dead, Jim!"), I still find them compelling.

I do remember one case he talked about, where the kid involved came back, and told a tale involving a robotic copy of his grandmother that was trying to make him take a dump, to coin a phrase.

... so maybe it's not exactly Big foot.

goldendeal

Well, Paulides might not say what he thinks is behind the missing, but I will...;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kEs1Em3pac

When the moon hangs high,On the breast of the lake
And the bite of the wind, Is like a slap in the face
A legend of horror Lurks in the haze
It's Big Foot
A giant of a creature All covered in hair
He's tall as a timber And strong as a bear
Y'all better not go walking Out there with Big Foot

Big Foot's coming
Gonna getcha, gonna getcha
Big Foot's coming
So you better watch out
Lock your doors
Board your windows
Big Foot's on the prowl

For hundreds of years The legend has grown
About this big hairy man That walks all alone
A mountain monster, ten feet tall,Called Big Foot
From the tales of the  Traders and trappers to
The image on Indian walls From the Bear Paw
Mountains of Montana To the signs of the great stars
From the Flatheads to Blackfeet And the Sheshonee,
He must have seen them all...
And when the sun goes down In the Northwest Woods
If you listen, you can hear him call..
Big Foot's on the prowl
Big Foot's on the prowl....... ;)

Juan Cena

Quote from: John on August 07, 2015, 01:05:56 PM
Missing 411 The Movie Kickstarter campaign (ends August 16th):

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1032329905/missing-411-the-movie/description

So this is what Paulides is doing instead of trying to get Congress to look into his claims.

Lord Grantham

Daily reminder that someone gave 8,000 United States dollars to this project.

berry

I bought the books and funded $50. Hell, if anything it is entertainment, right?  It is like wrestling. I'm going to pretend like it is real and just enjoy the ride.

elbee

I have really gotten over Dave's hype, if you go to OtherHand.org and read missing DV germans or any other of his mountain rescue blogs, you will see how much the MR teams miss, search in exactly the wrong places, all the while Dave Paulides is telling us there complete expert and the only possible explanation is aliens/bigfoot.

albrecht

So during the recent MITD Bigfeet show Art mentioned that he was going to have Paulides on. He said it in passing so not sure if he is. If so the paralegals are probably contacting him and threatening blacklisting. I don't buy his story but he can tell a spooky tale, though now it seems the same stories over-and-over. But it would be interesting to hear him with Art versus other hosts on the other show. Knapp handles him well.

ziznak

Quote from: albrecht on August 09, 2015, 03:31:49 PM
So during the recent MITD Bigfeet show Art mentioned that he was going to have Paulides on. He said it in passing so not sure if he is. If so the paralegals are probably contacting him and threatening blacklisting. I don't buy his story but he can tell a spooky tale, though now it seems the same stories over-and-over. But it would be interesting to hear him with Art versus other hosts on the other show. Knapp handles him well.
I'd love to see this interview.  Paulides DOES tell a great tale and is very knowledgeable in regards to finding weird disappearances and writing books about them.  Still though I always get this feeling that I don't know what exactly he believes is responsible.  Cmon Paulides... say "bigfoot" goddamnit you know you want to!! or aliens... something.  Art would pull it out of him!!

scottydawg

Quote from: onan on July 20, 2015, 10:44:58 AM
Welcome, have fun. None of us bite. We probably would if we had your address and were close by...
Well not BITE really, it's more like nibbling on the edges of your sanity, with a little gnawing on your soul! ;D

Robert

Quote from: ziznak on August 10, 2015, 08:10:33 AMI'd love to see this interview.  Paulides DOES tell a great tale and is very knowledgeable in regards to finding weird disappearances and writing books about them.  Still though I always get this feeling that I don't know what exactly he believes is responsible.  Cmon Paulides... say "bigfoot" goddamnit you know you want to!! or aliens... something.  Art would pull it out of him!!
I'd've been willing to believe Paulides was just mystified, except that he teased about a yr. ago about forming a hypothesis.

rob69

Quote from: Juan Cena on August 07, 2015, 10:29:06 PM
So this is what Paulides is doing instead of trying to get Congress to look into his claims.

Good point Juan.  My question is why does he need donations?  His revenue streams from his books and the DeNovo journal should be enough to get this off the ground.  As of the August 10th his donators have pledged 119,190 and now David, Ben and Mike are asking for another 50,000.00 so they can "ensure the hiring of professional visual effect artists, as well as film additional aerial photography, and retain a music composer."

How many visual effects does 150,000 buy and aerial photograph and a music composer?

I would put a whole lot more credibility into his efforts if he asked for "investors" rather than donations.  I suspect that this will turn into another Melbum Ketchup/DeNovo fiasco plagued with set-backs, delays, excuses and other "reasons" why it can't be finalized whilst enjoying all the donations. 

rob69

Quote from: Robert on July 02, 2015, 09:56:44 PM
If there are already numerous books on the subject & he's not uncovering anything new, then how can he be crossing a line by using the deaths & disappearances to make a buck?

Any credibility he had as a researcher was utterly destroyed by the aforementioned cases then the "mysterious" cases of children missing that amounts to child abductions by parents--He shot himself in the foot with that.

Anyone who knows anything about child disappearances is aware that a significant percentage of such cases turn out to be abduction by a family member. Statistics can be found at http://healthresearchfunding.org/40-uncommon-parental-child-abduction-statistics/

The only "abomination" is a self-described researcher who is either ignorant of these statistic--(among a whole host of others) or worse, who chooses to ignore it.

How about these cases he "UTTERLY CHANGED THE FACTS SO THEY FIT HIS NARRATIVE". 

Leeanna Warner, 5, 06/14/2003 Minnesota

She was another missing girl that he included but didn't include that a known pedophile was suspected of kidnapping her, cleared of the kidnapping, then killed I mean 'committed suicide' in a gravel pit by suffocating himself with a plastic bag. Seems worth mentioning, but it doesn't show up in his narrative.

Nyleen Kay Marshall 6/25/1983 Elkhorn Mountains Oregon

Dave seems to have omitted in his narrative that Nyleen was last seen talking to a man in a purple jogging suit. The Jefferson County Sheriff's Office has also indicated that her stepfather was a person of interest in this case.

Two years after her disappearance, strange letters and phone calls were made to missing children organizations from a man saying he had her, although he called her Kay. These were traced by the FBI to the Edgerton and Madison, Wisconsin areas; however, once the phone booths where they came from were found, they subsequently stopped. The letter was also postmarked from the Madison area. The man writing them refused to return her to her parents.

Yes this is a line that was crossed so he could make a buck.  Maybe some are OK with that, but they were abducted by people, not some mysterious unexplained force and he CHOSE to omit these facts!  Google their names a mountain of information is available and has been long before he set out writing books on "all things mysterious".   

rob69

Quote from: Gingerwatch on July 20, 2015, 09:24:48 AM
Hello, I'm new to the BellGab forums.  I have been reading for a long time but decided to join and post last night in light of Art's return.  I hope I'm not being redundant or breaking any etiquette here, I want to be respectful and join your conversation.  Love reading what you guys have to say.  I have been totally obsessed with the David Paulides stuff and really appreciate your view points.  It may have already been brought up but there is one time where you can almost hear him say "Bigfoot is doing it."  It's on a YouTube video where he is presenting to LA Mufon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeT2FG88PIM

Especially towards the end he hints that he doesn't say it's Bigfoot directly, because he doesn't want to upset parents that their kid might have been taken and even eaten by Bigfoot.  I'm paraphrasing but see if you don't think he implies that pretty heavily.

Again I hope to not ruffle any feathers (or fur) - I really admire you guys and I'm really into all this stuff, but kind of scared to join your conversation.

Welcome aboard Gingerwatch.  No we don't bite.......Hard.  Ah just kidding.   Don't be afraid to jump right in.  We oppose all view points..........:)

Robert

Quote from: rob69 on August 12, 2015, 05:18:05 PMI would put a whole lot more credibility into his efforts if he asked for "investors" rather than donations.
Unfortunately financial regs make crowd-investing a lot harder than crowd-funding via the nets.

rob69

Quote from: Robert on August 14, 2015, 07:59:53 PM
Unfortunately financial regs make crowd-investing a lot harder than crowd-funding via the nets.

That would make sense. 

elbee

He also comes accross as a very arrogant guy on the interviews (maybe because he's a police officer?)

Cuts people off, completely ignores callers etc

goldendeal

Quote from: El Bee on August 15, 2015, 03:40:46 PM
He also comes accross as a very arrogant guy on the interviews (maybe because he's a police officer?)

Cuts people off, completely ignores callers etc

Arrogant guy + Cuts people off + Completely ignores callers = Jorch

elbee

Maybe he can be a stand in host for the Jorch show haha

rob69

Quote from: NW Kro͞oˈsādər on July 19, 2015, 02:59:56 PM

So, what is the answer to the (supposed) mystery? Why would George Knapp, an investigated reporter, Peabody Award winner, shill for Paulides if he didn't think their was a problem also? I just cant see a man like Knapp sell his integrity for ratings or a bit part in a movie.

Knapp is an entertainer.  He may have had some credibility in the past but now not so much.  He hitched his wagon to Bob Lazar for years.  He like Paulides is a good story teller.  He seriously strained his credulity after his failed attempt to prove his claim (among a host of others) that the government erased his entire school career (MIT) to include yearbooks and photos.  Anyone with any critical thinking skills RAN away from him.  I don't know what Knapps's relationship with him is presently, but for all intents and purposes Lazar was proven to be a con-man who could spin a good yarn. 

Robert

Tonight Paulides is supposed to talk to Geo. Knapp about urban disappearances, i.e. disappearances of persons under conditions unfavorable to Bigfeet, so Bigfoot can't be a universal explanation for the cases.

littlechris

Looking forward to tonight's show. Knapp is always on point and Paulides is always an interesting guest.

Juan Cena

Quote from: Robert on August 30, 2015, 10:36:46 PM
Tonight Paulides is supposed to talk to Geo. Knapp about urban disappearances, i.e. disappearances of persons under conditions unfavorable to Bigfeet, so Bigfoot can't be a universal explanation for the cases.

That reminds me of the lady Ian had on who was looking into mysterious deaths and disappearances of young men whom she thought might have been killed by a killer or killers leaving smiley faces near the scene of the crime as a mark. What ever happened to her?