• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Show Prep

Started by MV/Liberace!, December 19, 2014, 10:01:21 AM

Heather Wade

Quote from: MV on January 20, 2015, 05:03:38 PM
you guys want to connect at 7PM eastern and just make sure everything is working ok?

This is the time I wish I could PM you. 

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: (Redacted) on January 20, 2015, 05:32:29 PM

This is the time I wish I could PM you.

michaelvandeven@gmail.com

jazmunda

Quote from: MV on January 20, 2015, 05:03:38 PM
you guys want to connect at 7PM eastern and just make sure everything is working ok?

I'll be about 15 or 20 mins later than that as I am just tying up loose ends at work.

jazmunda

Quote from: MV on January 20, 2015, 05:38:20 PM

black only, please.

Ha ha ha. Great minds. Check your email.

eddie dean

I'm in.
I have to warn you however, I have done zero show prep.

jazmunda

Quote from: eddie dean on January 20, 2015, 05:44:43 PM
I'm in.

And this is different to other weeks. ;) :P

I'm in the same boat BTW.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: eddie dean on January 20, 2015, 05:44:43 PM
I'm in.

as have we, so no sweat.  let's just shoot some shit.

Heather Wade

Shit shooting shall ensue upon the internets.  It's a series of tubes, after all.

Heather Wade

Quote from: eddie dean on January 20, 2015, 07:15:38 PM
call in with skype

Can we arrange a time to set up mumble?

eddie dean

Quote from: (Redacted) on January 20, 2015, 09:13:15 PM

Can we arrange a time to set up mumble?

Sure. just let me know when you have a few minutes.
BTW here is the server info you'll need to type in:

IP/Address:  mvandeven.noip.me
port:    38597
pass; gabcast!hosts1111

Heather Wade

Quote from: eddie dean on January 20, 2015, 09:20:57 PM
Sure. just let me know when you have a few minutes.
BTW here is the server info you'll need to type in:

IP/Address:  mvandeven.noip.me
port:    38597
pass; gabcast!hosts1111

'preciate that. 

eddie dean

I wanted to let you guys/gal know, I'll be stepping away from the show for awhile. Not sure how long, at least a few months. I need to reevaluate a few things & decide if being part of the gabcast is still a fit for me, or even something that I want to continue doing. I don't think it's a secret that at times it's been pretty stressful for me, being the delicate flower that I am and all. lol. 
I might decide to return as regular co host, or perhaps sit in every once in awhile if you all would have me, or I might decide that I'm not really cut out for the podcasting world. I'm not really sure at this point.

No hard feelings, I hope. It was great working with you all and getting to know you away from bellgab. I'll still be around the forum, maybe even stop by the chat to say hi.

Take care & good luck

PS  Please, for gods sake Jaz,  no more cok pics!  :P

Heather Wade

Quote from: eddie dean on January 23, 2015, 11:56:33 AM
I wanted to let you guys/gal know, I'll be stepping away from the show for awhile. Not sure how long, at least a few months. I need to reevaluate a few things & decide if being part of the gabcast is still a fit for me, or even something that I want to continue doing. I don't think it's a secret that at times it's been pretty stressful for me, being the delicate flower that I am and all. lol. 
I might decide to return as regular co host, or perhaps sit in every once in awhile if you all would have me, or I might decide that I'm not really cut out for the podcasting world. I'm not really sure at this point.

No hard feelings, I hope. It was great working with you all and getting to know you away from bellgab. I'll still be around the forum, maybe even stop by the chat to say hi.

Take care & good luck

PS  Please, for gods sake Jaz,  no more cok pics!  :P

If you're too busy, I can understand that.  The coq pics will never end though.  Hope it wasn't something I said.  Wishing you nothing but good times.

eddie dean

Quote from: (Redacted) on January 23, 2015, 06:45:32 PM

Hope it wasn't something I said. 

No Worries! It's not.
Wishing you nothing but good times.

Thanks!

jazmunda

I too will be taking a break. I won't be able to do the show for the next 2 possibly 3 weeks due to work and life commitments.

MV, I was going to speak with you about possibly doing some kind of Art Bell weekly wrap up show one he returns in July but based on his party in the Art Bell thread I doubt we'll ever hear from him again.

jazmunda

Actually I can do this week as my commitment doesn't start until the next 2 maybe 3 weeks.

I'm going to email and PM Art and see if he wants to make an appearance. I think there might be a bit if Art Talk this week.

jazmunda

Holy Fuck. Remind me never to use my phone to type when I'm mildly intoxicated.

Fucking autocorrect should be taken out back and shot.

At least it didn't tell my mother in-law that I want to show her my anal photos. True story.

Heather Wade

Quote from: jazmunda on January 25, 2015, 02:13:08 AM
Actually I can do this week as my commitment doesn't start until the next 2 maybe 3 weeks.

I'm going to email and PM Art and see if he wants to make an appearance. I think there might be a bit if Art Talk this week.

If I go silent, it's because I've muted my mic while I have a heart attack.  An awesome heart attack.  ;D   Thanks Jaz!

MV/Liberace!

See you guys Tuesday. You think we need a fourth mic?

jazmunda

Quote from: MV on January 25, 2015, 05:11:27 PM
See you guys Tuesday. You think we need a fourth mic?

Does Art have a Mic?

Heather Wade

Ok, I'll be using mumble tomorrow, got it set up.  Thanks again for the pertinents & such.

jazmunda

Quote from: MV on January 25, 2015, 06:23:03 PM
If it wasn't confiscated by Sirius.

To be a fly on the wall on that awkward day when the removalists came for the Sirius equipment. I can't imagine that Art would be the most trusting type when it comes to strangers in his house so no doubt he was milling about in the room when they came. I also imagine that he wouldn't have been the most chatty person at that time and even though these guys would just be contractors they were still working for the guys that Art would have thought had screwed him over.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: jazmunda on January 26, 2015, 09:56:39 PM
To be a fly on the wall on that awkward day when the removalists came for the Sirius equipment. I can't imagine that Art would be the most trusting type when it comes to strangers in his house so no doubt he was milling about in the room when they came. I also imagine that he wouldn't have been the most chatty person at that time and even though these guys would just be contractors they were still working for the guys that Art would have thought had screwed him over.

What do you guys think about Art's latest post? I think July never comes.

jazmunda

Quote from: MV on January 27, 2015, 03:25:37 AM
What do you guys think about Art's latest post? I think July never comes.

I think there's more chance of Falkie achieving and maintaining an erection than of Art returning in July.

Every FB post up until now has talked about him seeing us in July or about him going head to head with C2CAM. Now he's talking IFs. As someone stated the capital is never a good sign. He's also using his health as an out and the haters as a reason not to begin.

It worries me greatly that we are only a few months out and he's talking about significant financial investments being a hurdle. What the fuck has he been doing for the past year and half? Don't you think he should have been investigating this and it's viability?

No producer? What the fuck Art? You knew you needed one of these to do a show. Did you think one was going to fall out of the sky? Did you not learn your lesson about not hiring a lawyer to look over a contract before starting a job? Art's penchant for not doing anything professionally in a business world is very worrying. Was he going to hire a producer from BellGab like his legal council he used to fight his NC? WTF? 6 months out and no producer. Stop twiddling your thumbs and place an advertisement for a producer or hire agent or manager.

I think Art thought this was going to be a walk in the park but now that he realised that he's not a young man anymore and building something from the ground up in a more competitive and more business like environment is hard work and can't be done with no experience or  knowledge he's bailing.

The part I hate about all this the most is that he is using bullshit excuses. If he just came out and said that his heart wasn't in it and he wanted to spend his remaining days with his family then I would be fine with it.

I don't think I will come out and say this on the show tomorrow as I have way too much respect for the guy. I've been listening to him for over half my life. To this very day I listen to him daily. I just can't call him out on it particularly because I may be completely wrong and also who the fuck am I to question my hero. I think that the way I'll play it is to state how much Art means to me, my half life history with him, my respect and admiration for him, my wish to hear him do a show no matter how frequently, my respecting of his wishes should he hang up the mic but then having said all that play devil's advocate. I know it's a cop out but I'm a pussy.

I think we should push for callers to give their thoughts and opinions.

I doubt Art will call in. I sent him another email reminder with the time and contact details. If he does make sure you have all the questions you've ever wanted to ask him as you may never get another chance.

Heather Wade

What Jaz said.

But, Art likes to prove people wrong, he likes to keep people guessing.  One never knows what he will do, but I hope he wasn't serious about naysayers keeping him off the air.