• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Show Prep

Started by MV/Liberace!, December 19, 2014, 10:01:21 AM

MV/Liberace!

You guys up for doing a show tomorrow?

jazmunda

Quote from: MV on December 29, 2014, 09:05:52 PM
You guys up for doing a show tomorrow?

I'm up for it but the sun is shining and it will be a last minute decision from me. Don't count on me to make up numbers on the chance I have to pull out.

Heather Wade

Do I need to install skype to do this?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: (Redacted) on December 30, 2014, 05:07:24 PM
Do I need to install skype to do this?

yeah, our account is the.gabcast if u want to add us, or you can give me your username and i'll add you.

next show we'll get you set up to use mumble, but for now this will do.

jazmunda

Quote from: MV on December 30, 2014, 06:24:18 PM

yeah, our account is the.gabcast if u want to add us, or you can give me your username and i'll add you.

What is the mumble login details as i'm on vacation and not at my home Computer

Heather Wade

Quote from: MV on December 30, 2014, 06:24:18 PM

All set. 

eddie dean

Quote from: (Redacted) on December 30, 2014, 06:40:54 PM

All set.

FYI: At some point before the next show, you will need to download and install the software we use for the co host's audio feed. It's called Mumble & the mumble client for both mac and PC can be downloaded here:
http://www.mumble.com/mumble-download.php
or here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mumble/

The setup and config is pretty straightforward with the wizard. Make sure to select the appropriate  input & output device you will be using, I think you said it's a headset mic. make sure to select the continuous audio option.
We can test the connection and make a few minor audio adjustments sometime before the next show at your convenience.
After it's installed, you will need the specific Address/Port/password information for the mumble server we connect to. I can post or PM that info when you are ready. If you need help let us know.

Happy New Year!

jazmunda

I regret to inform you guys that I will be quitting The GabCast.

For one week only. Too soon?

I will be driving the 2 and 1/2 hour journey from the coastal town of Mooloolaba to the coastal metropolis of Surfers Paradise (yes those are real names of places) during next week's show. Please don't cry.

Feel sorry for me.

Mooloolaba

Surfers Paradise

Heather Wade

Quote from: eddie dean on January 01, 2015, 03:34:42 PM
FYI: At some point before the next show, you will need to download and install the software we use for the co host's audio feed. It's called Mumble & the mumble client for both mac and PC can be downloaded here:
http://www.mumble.com/mumble-download.php
or here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mumble/

The setup and config is pretty straightforward with the wizard. Make sure to select the appropriate  input & output device you will be using, I think you said it's a headset mic. make sure to select the continuous audio option.
We can test the connection and make a few minor audio adjustments sometime before the next show at your convenience.
After it's installed, you will need the specific Address/Port/password information for the mumble server we connect to. I can post or PM that info when you are ready. If you need help let us know.

Happy New Year!

Thank you & Happy 2015!

I'm being lazy today, may not get to it until the weekend.  I'm too busy feeling sorry for poor jaz right now.

MV/Liberace!

I'm gonna sit out the show tomorrow. Catch u guys next week.

eddie dean

Quote from: MV on January 05, 2015, 09:50:21 AM
I'm gonna sit out the show tomorrow. Catch u guys next week.

I'm out this week as well. see you next Tuesday.

jazmunda

As stated earlier I was out already out. Have a great show (Redacted). Take it easy on Falkie. :D

Heather Wade

Wait... what??  You guys being out makes me automatically out too.  I don't think me doing the show by myself would be nearly as entertaining. 

Plus, I'd break out the whips & chains on Falkie.  I take no prisoners.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: (Redacted) on January 05, 2015, 02:45:55 PM
Wait... what??  You guys being out makes me automatically out too.  I don't think me doing the show by myself would be nearly as entertaining. 

Plus, I'd break out the whips & chains on Falkie.  I take no prisoners.

Nah, you can swing it. Break a leg.

eddie dean

Looks like I'm not going to be able to do the show tonight. Sorry about that. Have a good show!
BTW what's up with the long (1-2 minute) page loads in the last several days? Server issues?  Navigating to any thread has thr same issue, so it's not just the index page. This was before the recent post feature was enabled too.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: eddie dean on January 13, 2015, 01:00:53 PM
Looks like I'm not going to be able to do the show tonight. Sorry about that. Have a good show!
BTW what's up with the long (1-2 minute) page loads in the last several days? Server issues?  Navigating to any thread has thr same issue, so it's not just the index page. This was before the recent post feature was enabled too.

yeah, something's been fuuucked.  waiting on an update to my hostgator ticket...

i can't do the show tonight, either.  i put a post in the gc thread.

jazmunda

I just got back from vacay and have a mountain of work so this is probably a good thing. Also I have a clause in my GabCast contract that forbids me from doing a show that isn't Falkie centric.

Heather Wade

Ok, when one of you dudes gets time, send me the password for mumble. 

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: (Redacted) on January 13, 2015, 02:54:12 PM
Ok, when one of you dudes gets time, send me the password for mumble.

gabcast!hosts1111

MV/Liberace!

i took out some bart ell and whitecrow trash today.  how's your day been?

we doing the show tomorrow?

Heather Wade

Quote from: MV on January 19, 2015, 01:22:54 PM

Motivation.  I'm looking for it as my "Do" list stares back at me, mocking me. 
Took out some trash eh?  I thought the place seemed cleaner this morning.
I'm in for a show tomorrow.

jazmunda

Quote from: MV on January 19, 2015, 01:22:54 PM

Good riddance.

That guy FearBoysWithBugs has got to either be a current poster using another name or a banned poster. He's too familiar with things to be a new poster.

My theory is that anyone whose first post is in the Falkie thread is up to no good.

New posters should have to earn the right to post in the Falkie thread. Or you could just get rid of the darn thread and that would solve that problem. :P

jazmunda

Oh and I'm in to do the show too.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: jazmunda on January 19, 2015, 02:12:54 PM
Good riddance.

That guy FearBoysWithBugs has got to either be a current poster using another name or a banned poster. He's too familiar with things to be a new poster.

My theory is that anyone whose first post is in the Falkie thread is up to no good.

New posters should have to earn the right to post in the Falkie thread. Or you could just get rid of the darn thread and that would solve that problem. :P

the thing is, though, fbwb is not using a proxy or tor to access the forum.  he's wide open and i can see the hostname of his ISP... and his ip address matches nothing used prior.  that's the only reason i haven't banned his account.

eddie... you good for tomorrow?

jazmunda

Quote from: MV on January 19, 2015, 02:44:42 PM

the thing is, though, fbwb is not using a proxy or tor to access the forum.  he's wide open and i can see the hostname of his ISP... and his ip address matches nothing used prior.  that's the only reason i haven't banned his account.

eddie... you good for tomorrow?

Fair enough. Just seems suspect when someones opening posts are in a thread like Falkies and he seems so familiar with the goings on of the site and produces a video of Falkie with sound bites from the GabCast that only a long time participant would be privvy to.

I'd be on the look out for new registrations in the next few days/weeks as Bart Ell seems like the type of guy that won't go down without a fight and probably knows all the ways to get around using proxys and tors.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: jazmunda on January 19, 2015, 03:31:04 PM
Fair enough. Just seems suspect when someones opening posts are in a thread like Falkies and he seems so familiar with the goings on of the site and produces a video of Falkie with sound bites from the GabCast that only a long time participant would be privvy to.

I'd be on the look out for new registrations in the next few days/weeks as Bart Ell seems like the type of guy that won't go down without a fight and probably knows all the ways to get around using proxys and tors.

all correct.

MV/Liberace!

you guys want to connect at 7PM eastern and just make sure everything is working ok?