• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Show Prep

Started by MV/Liberace!, December 19, 2014, 10:01:21 AM

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Lilith on January 16, 2020, 06:21:22 PM
It was just a random comment that Heather made on the air one night.  I don't think anybody knew what she meant by that.

Waited one more day to kill himself? What was the context?

Lilith

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 16, 2020, 06:23:19 PM
Waited one more day to kill himself? What was the context?

Yes.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Lilith on January 16, 2020, 06:32:17 PM
Yes.

Maybe the insurance policy she took out on Art kicked in the next day? What do you think?

Lilith

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 16, 2020, 06:34:46 PM
Maybe the insurance policy she took out on Art kicked in the next day? What do you think?

Who knows?  I would love to hear if anyone has learned what she meant by it.  Originally, I thought I was the only one that heard that comment, then I saw that others were wondering what she meant by it also, other places online.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: K_Dubb on January 16, 2020, 03:43:33 PM

If such discussion occurred, it has to have happened elsewhere.

I regret I didn't shut the PM system down years earlier.

K_Dubb

Quote from: Lilith on January 16, 2020, 06:40:53 PM
Who knows?  I would love to hear if anyone has learned what she meant by it.  Originally, I thought I was the only one that heard that comment, then I saw that others were wondering what she meant by it also, other places online.

Oh good grief it is nothing more than the kind of oops-I-stepped-on-a-crack fantasy common among witchy types prone to believe in their ability to bend the universe to their will, a delusion that circumstances did little to discourage there for a while.

Juan

I've always considered that Heather had something to do with the sniper business to hurry her progress along.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: SredniVashtar on January 16, 2020, 03:38:28 PM
I got the impression (not sure if it's accurate) that the GOF were effectively running the forum for a while and MV had stepped back a bit. Then he realised they were turning it into a clique and took away their privileges.

None of them ever had any administrative access or moderator rights, if that's specifically what you mean. But attitudinally, yeah, they projected a certain elitism.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Juan on January 16, 2020, 06:50:12 PM
I've always considered that Heather had something to do with the sniper business to hurry her progress along.

It would fit the profile that’s forming.

K_Dubb

Quote from: Juan on January 16, 2020, 06:50:12 PM

So, there are fewer Art shows thanks to the efforts of his biggest fan.  While the irony is tasty I am not swallowing that.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: SredniVashtar on January 16, 2020, 04:51:23 PM
This is the same sort of shit Galileo had to put up with.

heh heh

K_Dubb

Quote from: Liberace! on January 16, 2020, 06:43:28 PM

That was an inspired move, though.  Would that they could all be published!

ItsOver

Thanks for keeping my personal "direct-to-Lee" portal up and running. I'll shoot you my next juicy conspiracy scam for the BellGab proles to drool over. The poor dupes.

Juan

Quote from: K_Dubb on January 16, 2020, 06:56:10 PM
So, there are fewer Art shows thanks to the efforts of his biggest fan.  While the irony is tasty I am not swallowing that.
Nobody said you have to swallow.

How many marriages / relationships would not have come to pass though?  God knows what kind of crap was flying around in that PM system but the fact that you had a mini rosebrides.com off on the side has to give you some sort of warm fuzzy.  Does it not?

Of course unless some unfortunate ended up dead in a dumpster out back off a Kroger or something. 

ItsOver

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on January 16, 2020, 07:23:52 PM
...God knows what kind of crap was flying around in that PM system...
No doubt right up there with watching sausage being made.  And then watching Dubb swallowing.

K_Dubb

Quote from: ItsOver on January 16, 2020, 07:35:18 PM
No doubt right up there with watching sausage being made.  And then watching Dubb swallowing.

There will be no further discussion of comestibles in this thread!

Quote from: K_Dubb on January 16, 2020, 07:40:27 PM

Wrong Dubb?

Two other things always bugged me. 

1.) Hughes.  The guy is beyond competent and really seems to enjoy the subject matter.  As such, I guess they had to ask him but why in the hell would he give up his shit to work at Rowland Communications ?  I can't see how there was ever a chance for that to go down.  It is not like they were offering him Noory's gig or something more tangible.  I was actually surprised that Schrader took it. Lord knows how he makes ends meet?  Has to be tough to raise a platoon of kids talking about Dogman.   

2.) Starving Producer.  When the hunger pangs began to hit and the guy was left foraging for sustenance in the desert scrub, why didn't he trek out back over to the brothel?  I am sure after hearing his tale of wow spoken in a British accent, the ladies of the evening would have taken pity on him and got him a Whopper with Cheese or at least opened up a can of Chicken of the Sea for him.  Admittedly, I have not had first hand experience with prostitutes but I am sure they will put out a bowl of milk for the occasional stray.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on January 16, 2020, 07:49:44 PM
Two other things always bugged me. 

1.) Hughes.  The guy is beyond competent and really seems to enjoy the subject matter.  As such, I guess they had to ask him but why in the hell would he give up his shit to work at Rowland Communications ?  I can't see how there was ever a chance for that to go down.  It is not like they were offering him Noory's gig or something more tangible.  I was actually surprised that Schrader took it. Lord knows how he makes ends meet?  Has to be tough to raise a platoon of kids talking about Dogman.   

2.) Starving Producer.  When the hunger pangs began to hit and the guy was left foraging for sustenance in the desert scrub, why didn't he trek out back over to the brothel?  I am sure after hearing his tale of wow spoken in a British accent, the ladies of the evening would have taken pity on him and got him a Whopper with Cheese or at least opened up a can of Chicken of the Sea for him.  Admittedly, I have not had first hand experience with prostitutes but I am sure they will put out a bowl of milk for the occasional stray.

I thought bateman. I know others did too.

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 16, 2020, 07:52:07 PM
I thought bateman. I know others did too.

Even less of a chance of that happening.  He was privy to the inside insanity. 

I still use that "You're a dim bulb" line.   I had never heard that one before and I've copped it.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on January 16, 2020, 07:54:54 PM
Even less of a chance of that happening.  He was privy to the inside insanity.

I only meant in terms of quality.

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 16, 2020, 07:55:34 PM
I only meant in terms of quality.

He would have be fine in time, I do believe.  I liked that little show he did.

ItsOver

Quote from: K_Dubb on January 16, 2020, 07:40:27 PM
He will allow it.

Dr. MD MD

I wonder if Rowland would be willing to be interviewed about what he knows about the situation? I doubt it but this is becoming an intriguing mystery that I want to figure out now, for the sake of historical record.

K_Dubb

I think only in an environment as paranoid as bellgab would this story of muddling and mishaps that worked out unhappily for all involved be given the conspiracy treatment as though the outcome must be the product of some secret plot.  The facts as known on their face show small-minded people at cross-purposes, blundering, lying, manipulating, and using each other that conform to my view of reality and want no further explanation.  From the shimmering expectation to the eventual mud pie (oops) there can be no more fitting bellgabbian twist to Art's legacy.

Lilith

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 16, 2020, 08:08:53 PM
I wonder if Rowland would be willing to be interviewed about what he knows about the situation? I doubt it but this is becoming an intriguing mystery that I want to figure out now, for the sake of historical record.

Of COURSE!  Nobody would think otherwise.  BellGab is all about "historical record".

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: K_Dubb on January 16, 2020, 08:11:02 PM
I think only in an environment as paranoid as bellgab would this story of muddling and mishaps that worked out unhappily for all involved be given the conspiracy treatment as though the outcome must be the product of some secret plot.  The facts as known on their face show small-minded people blundering, lying, manipulating, and using each other that conforms to my view of reality and want no further explanation.  From the shimmering expectation to the eventual mud pie (oops) there can be no more fitting bellgabbian twist to Art's legacy.

Yes, if the whole thing was just meant to give Heather a show from the start I think Bellgabbers would want to know that. I first came here because I was genuinely enthused about Art doing a show again but it was Hoagie’s insanity that first made me want to post a comment here. Anyway, if the entire effort was just a bait and switch to begin with Art’s fans would want to know that.

ItsOver

Quote from: K_Dubb on January 16, 2020, 08:11:02 PM
...small-minded people at cross-purposes, blundering, lying, manipulating, and using each other ...
So, like a typical day in D.C.