• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Show Prep

Started by MV/Liberace!, December 19, 2014, 10:01:21 AM

Lilith

Quote from: DynamoHum on January 16, 2020, 02:21:56 PM
I think this is how she was getting 4 figure sums from certain listeners on a regular basis for a good long time, and possibly still is. Absolutely sure this siren like ability of hers is what dragged Art in to an extent as well.

Not sure if it explains the Omaha steaks.

It works for me.

Dr. MD MD

For me it comes down to two possible scenarios: Heather is one of Art’s illegitimate kids or poor old Art got grifted. I’m leaning toward the later now while still not ruling out the former.

Lilith

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 16, 2020, 02:33:47 PM
For me it comes down to two possible scenarios: Heather is one of Art’s illegitimate kids or poor old Art got grifted. I’m leaning toward the later now while still not ruling out the former.

Now, now.  Let not anyone bring up that old gossip about how much she looks like Art.  That just wouldn't be right.

K_Dubb

Omaha steaks are what you get old people who've begun to complain about getting out of the house  My folks get several boxes a year, and I usually cook them.  I'm not sure how sending steaks to people for whom food preparation is a chore makes sense -- the thought of all those microwaved tenderloins damn near brings me to tears.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Lilith on January 16, 2020, 02:38:44 PM
Now, now.  Let not anyone bring up that old gossip about how much she looks like Art.  That just wouldn't be right.

Unless they were shopped a couple pics did resemble Art.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 16, 2020, 02:33:47 PM

I think the whole "protege is kin" angle was always just something people said for a good laugh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5ko-LeObBQ

The "grifted" angle is far more likely, so that's what I'm more than inclined to settle on.  She had the skill set for such an endeavor based on her previous occupations and her purported success within those occupations.

Rat Fink

Wrong is wrong.  I am Rat Fink.

Rat Fink

Quote from: Liberace! on January 16, 2020, 02:40:30 PM
I think the whole "protege is kin" angle was always just something people said for a good laugh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5ko-LeObBQ

The "grifted" angle is far more likely, so that's what I'm more than inclined to settle on.  She had the skill set for such an endeavor based on her previous occupations and her purported success within those occupations.

If the dot's connect.  I am Rat Fink

albrecht

I think this is how she was getting 4 figure sums from certain listeners on a regular basis for a good long time, and possibly still is. Absolutely sure this siren like ability of hers is what dragged Art in to an extent as well.

And if she had Omaha Steaks why make the desiccated duck for a Thanksgiving Day dinner? And why could she not have fed that British, living in Spain, producer who came all the way over to help and was stranded without food in the Cuckshack? Or some crazy story I seem to recall.....

K_Dubb

A far-more-thoughtful gift is the Hickory Farms summer sausage, preferably the giant one half a yard long.  Now that is convenience -- just peel and eat.  Bonus points if you include one of their family of processed-cheese-food products, and their sweet mustard.

No one sent one this year and I'm ashamed how much I missed its salty tang after all those cookies.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: albrecht on January 16, 2020, 02:46:26 PM
And if she had Omaha Steaks why make the desiccated duck for a Thanksgiving Day dinner? And why could she not have fed that British, living in Spain, producer who came all the way over to help and was stranded without food in the Cuckshack? Or some crazy story I seem to recall.....

She fed him through the music she blasted on the hi-fi.

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on January 16, 2020, 02:46:47 PM
A far-more-thoughtful gift is the Hickory Farms summer sausage, preferably the giant one half a yard long.  Now that is convenience -- just peel and eat.  Bonus points if you include one of their family of processed-cheese-food products, and their sweet mustard.

No one sent one this year and I'm ashamed how much I missed its salty tang after all those cookies.
Indeed though there are better places to send/get summer sausage and the like. But it is a good gift that keeps on giving. Fruitcakes also can last a long time. And can be wielded as a weapon or used in an exercise regime, due to their weight.

albrecht

Quote from: Liberace! on January 16, 2020, 02:48:38 PM
She fed him through the music she blasted on the hi-fi.
;D   You can't make this stuff up. The truth is often stranger than the fiction, lies, and theorizing with regard to "Art's" new show(s) and quittenings and the dramas.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: albrecht on January 16, 2020, 02:48:49 PM
Indeed though there are better places to send/get summer sausage and the like. But it is a good gift that keeps on giving. Fruitcakes also can last a long time. And can be wielded as a weapon or used in an exercise regime, due to their weight.

You can just end the culinary conversation with these two posts.  Thank you.

Lilith

Well, in her defense, she did go out grocery shopping for a few hours, and brought back three salads.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Lilith on January 16, 2020, 02:53:06 PM
Well, in her defense, she did go out grocery shopping for a few hours, and brought back three salads.

Yep.  Nice recovery on her part.

K_Dubb

Quote from: Liberace! on January 16, 2020, 02:52:56 PM
You can just end the culinary conversation with these two posts.  Thank you.

Too late!

albrecht

Quote from: Lilith on January 16, 2020, 02:53:06 PM
That's right. Something about "boxed salads," of which the starving producer, and I, were unaware.
--ending culinary posts per orders of MV Liberace-- Praise him!

ItsOver

Quote from: Lilith on January 16, 2020, 12:52:16 PM
Or maybe it was a boo boo, a slip of the tongue, which everyone hoped you would assume was a joke,  and he realized, or got told later in private, that he shouldn't have said that?
I can easily see it.  We're talking Jazmooonda, some dude down under, not someone from the NSA with super secret clearance.  Besides, how do we know MV wasn't a member of Heater's Mickey Mouse Insiders Club, at the time of Jaz's comment.  It's not exactly like he's Liberace. ;) Praise Lee and pass me some more of that spicy hot popcorn.

ItsOver

Absolutely.  After about several dozen coincidences with this whole charade, I don't know why anyone would believe something like that.

Lilith

Quote from: ItsOver on January 16, 2020, 03:11:49 PM
I can easily see it.  We're talking Jazmooonda, some dude down under, not someone from the NSA with super secret clearance.  Besides, how do we know MV wasn't a member of Heater's Mickey Mouse Insiders Club, at the time of Jaz's comment.  It's not exactly like he's Liberace. ;) Praise Lee and pass me some more of that spicy hot popcorn.

How DARE you!!!  lol

K_Dubb

Quote from: ItsOver on January 16, 2020, 03:11:49 PM

Absolutely.  Let us not forget that MV was on the frequent-calls prayer chain for emotional support, so devoted he once took a call waiting for the police, and lent his ear for some time.  That sort of no-apologies presumption on friendship doesn't just spring up overnight.

Lilith

Quote from: ItsOver on January 16, 2020, 03:16:46 PM
Absolutely.  After about several dozen coincidences with this whole charade, I don't know why anyone would believe something like that.

Like Rat Fink said,  If the dot's connect...

ItsOver

... the Hickory Farms summer sausage, preferably the giant one half a yard long.  Now that is convenience -- just peel and eat... 
Look, we're not really interested in your past perveted conquests.  And for Heaven sake, put on a damn shirt.

AZZERAE

Quote from: Lilith on January 16, 2020, 01:32:27 PM
I totally "get" the part about listening to The Dark Side Of The Moon the first time through headphones stoned...

You would, boomer.

DynamoHum

I believe the Omaha steaks started to arrive after the mysterious ankle injury ... so that would have been around February, so well after Producer Tony and Thanksgivingdessicatedduckgate.

K_Dubb

Quote from: ItsOver on January 16, 2020, 03:23:50 PM
Look, we're not really interested in your past perveted conquests.  And for Heaven sake, put on a damn shirt.

I will not, and it is only the proscription (rigorously enforced!) on talking about things I like to put in my mouth that prevents me from rhapsodizing upon sausages in general, here, as well as various pork by-products, blossoming into a vigorous discussion of pates and other charcuterie.

SredniVashtar

I got the impression (not sure if it's accurate) that the GOF were effectively running the forum for a while and MV had stepped back a bit. Then he realised they were turning it into a clique and took away their privileges. The GC was the most obvious example but, in general, you always felt there was an 'in' group mentality  and the rest of us were on the sidelines. It wasn't just the insufferable b_dubb butting in where he wasn't wanted, they all had a proprietoral attitude that grated on me.

Lilith

Quote from: SredniVashtar on January 16, 2020, 03:38:28 PM
I got the impression (not sure if it's accurate) that the GOF were effectively running the forum for a while and MV had stepped back a bit. Then he realised they were turning it into a clique and took away their privileges. The GC was the most obvious example but, in general, you always felt there was an 'in' group mentality  and the rest of us were on the sidelines. It wasn't just the insufferable b_dubb butting in where he wasn't wanted, they all had a proprietoral attitude that grated on me.

I think you're talking about while MV was pressed for time here because of school.   Those GabCasts, without MV, SUCKED IMO.

K_Dubb

Quote from: SredniVashtar on January 16, 2020, 03:38:28 PM

How much of that was due simply to the existence of a private thread?  I expected to find a lot of discussion in here showing the formation of an in-group (vs. the general forum's out-group) consensus but, with the handful of exceptions gleefully foraged and reported already, there's nothing.

If such discussion occurred, it has to have happened elsewhere.