• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Show Prep

Started by MV/Liberace!, December 19, 2014, 10:01:21 AM

whoozit

Quote from: AZZERAE on January 15, 2020, 01:26:05 AM
And I was complimenting you on said joke. Christ almighty, need a Tampax?
Obviously a big one. :'(

AZZERAE

Quote from: Liberace! on January 15, 2020, 06:48:51 AM
I don't recall you being confrontational or otherwise controversial back in those days.

You heard it here first, folks. Lee knows the real "me."

AZZERAE

Quote from: Liberace! on January 15, 2020, 10:10:15 AM
I want you to feel entertained.

I want to pleasure you (from behind).

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: AZZERAE on January 15, 2020, 12:38:30 PM
I want to pleasure you (from behind).

What, you think I'm some kind of a poof?

-Liberace

ItsOver

Quote from: Liberace! on January 15, 2020, 01:34:06 PM
What, you think I'm some kind of a poof?

-Liberace
No way, Lee!  We're talking true macho man.

Hog

Quote from: Liberace! on August 02, 2015, 04:41:07 PM
I haven't emailed Keith because I don't want to pile on. I'm sure he's getting a lot of complaints about it.

As far as hosting the GabCast...
As the producer of Art's show, I don't think you should host any longer. A special appearance from time to time is good, but it wouldn't allow us to have objective, frank, and natural conversations if the producer of Art's show is right there hosting with us. Your approach to participating in the show would inevitably be changed, too. Wouldn't be good for the show, as there would be awkward moments where we don't talk about this or that or where you simply can't participate in the conversation at all.

All of that said, I'm glad you were on the show and happy for the opportunities it opened up for you. Hopefully there are no hard feelings over this, but I think you'd agree with my thoughts on the matter.
"Chink!" 

I'm literally squealing as I read this.  To have heard Lee describe this exact message on a Gabcast, and now to read the "hardcopy" is some pretty cool shit for this Bellgab fan. 

Heather was now "acast" from the "Gabcast". oink....oink...oink.

peace
Hog

Rat Fink

Quote from: Hog on January 15, 2020, 08:13:29 PM
"Chink!" 

I'm literally squealing as I read this.  To have heard Lee describe this exact message on a Gabcast, and now to read the "hardcopy" is some pretty cool shit for this Bellgab fan. 

peace
Hog

oink....oink...oink.  Sometimes I laugh.  lol.  I am Rat Fink.

pate

Quote from: SredniVashtar on January 14, 2020, 03:57:36 PM
I think it's quite clear that MV/Liberace was operating an apartheid regime here at BellGab, with the favoured few sunning themselves poolside at some swanky Cape Town hotel, while leaving the rest of us to scratch out a living in a shanty on the outskirts of Pretoria. What a cunt!

eMCee is a bit more declasse than that, ma'am///

=b

ItsOver

Quote from: Hog on January 15, 2020, 08:13:29 PM
"Chink!" 

peace
Hog
Lee knows a good thing when he sees it.  Don't need no awkward moments with Heater.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: ItsOver on January 16, 2020, 07:16:25 AM
Lee knows a good thing when he sees it.  Don't need no awkward moments with Heater.

The biggest reason I wanted her gone at the time of that post was the whole "I know something you don't know but I can't tell you anything despite it being exactly the purpose of this show and I realize I should have just kept my mouth shut altogether but I get too much enjoyment apprising others of my insider status" routine. I just didn't have the heart to tell her that because we were still friendly toward one another at that time.

I also quickly tired of her new overall persona on the show after catching Art's attention. She carried herself differently and it felt affected, unnecessary, and underserved since she hadn't really accomplished anything beyond getting Art's attention.

Jackstar

Quote from: jazmunda on June 06, 2015, 03:26:44 PM
Bart Ell has to be around somewhere.

I know he's back now but Jackstar had to have been around during his absence. No other poster had his acid tongue and general assholery but I always thought paladin or catsmile shared his nastiness. Probably not. Maybe they are just creepy assholes too.

ItsOver

Quote from: Liberace! on January 16, 2020, 07:43:56 AM
The biggest reason I wanted her gone at the time of that post was the whole "I know something you don't know but I can't tell you anything despite it being exactly the purpose of this show and I realize I should have just kept my mouth shut altogether but I get too much enjoyment apprising others of my insider status" routine. I just didn't have the heart to tell her that because we were still friendly toward one another at that time.

I also quickly tired of her new overall persona on the show after catching Art's attention. She carried herself differently and it felt affected, unnecessary, and underserved since she hadn't really accomplished anything beyond getting Art's attention.
Yes, sir, Lee.  I never cared for her much on the GabCast, anyway.  For me, her voice always sounded too affectatious.  She didn't have a "natural" radio voice and always came across as an insecure phony.   Just like for MiTD. 

Man, Art, like "what the hell?"  I hope he enjoyed whatever it was with HW but she wasn't within a million lightyears of that broadcasting legend.

ItsOver

Quote from: Jackstar on January 16, 2020, 08:15:38 AM

"...Maybe they are just creepy assholes too."  Ha! I can just see Jazumunda typing this from his Outback "shack o'delight."

"Welcome, creepy asshole!  Post often.  With love, Jaz"

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: ItsOver on January 16, 2020, 09:42:21 AM
Man, Art, like "what the hell?"  I hope he enjoyed whatever it was with HW but she wasn't within a million lightyears of that broadcasting legend.

Last night, a friend laid out a theory that the show was intended to be given to Heather from the beginning, before even the first broadcast aired.  I know people have suspected this previously, so it's not an original point of speculation, but it seemed plausible with the way this person connected dots.

ItsOver

Quote from: Liberace! on January 16, 2020, 09:55:15 AM
Last night, a friend laid out a theory that the show was intended to be given to Heather from the beginning, before even the first broadcast aired.  I know people have suspected this previously, so it's not an original point of speculation, but it seemed plausible with the way this person connected dots.
I tend to agree.  Look at all the excuses Art was dancing around for bailing out, prior to the MiTD start.  I think he saw HW as an escape hatch, probably before the thing even started.  That "test show" with Heater popping-up was a big clue.  Looking back, I'm surprised he stayed with MiTD for as long as he did, especially with the state of his health.  Art could never do anything, it seemed, without turning it into a freaking soap opera, with his drama queen nature.  I don't even want to get into the damn Sirius XM debacle or his C2C departure circus.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Liberace! on January 16, 2020, 09:55:15 AM

Care to give us the details of this theory? Jaz may have been joking when he posted that but now I’m not so sure.

ItsOver

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 16, 2020, 10:05:38 AM
Care to give us the details of this theory? Jaz may have been joking when he posted that but now I’m not so sure.
In retrospect, with all that eventually went down after that post by Jaz, I'm seriously thinking it WASN'T a joke, Doc. More was going on behind the scenes than most thought, for MiTD. 

Lilith

I don't think he was joking.

#ICouldBeWrong

MV/Liberace!

Care to give us the details of this theory?

Haha, sorry, I just pulled a Heather on you kinda. 

I'll relay some of the more relevant observations from this person.  At this point in the conversation, we were talking about the Gang of Four and others who who were closely involved in the the behind the scenes stuff going on with Art/Heather and his show, both during the run-up and during its existence.  The basis of this person's assertion is that when it became obvious BellGab wasn't going to support Heather as the host, they (the GOF and others) all simultaneously decided not to participate at BellGab any longer.  As far as the GOF departure is concerned, I always thought it was primarily because the GabCast was opened to anyone who wanted to host.  This person believes they left not primarily because of the GabCast thing or some other form of outrage, but because they failed to make BellGab facilitate and support Art's months long plan for Heather which they were very privy to:

"I expect something on BG to outrage me on a regular basis.  If I couldn't find something on BG to outrage me occasionally, I'd lose interest quickly.  If you don't look forward to being outraged and can't laugh at your own outrage, you probably don't belong on BG anyway. 

I think there's more to it than just Art Bell.  I think it was planned all along.  This whole thing was a setup by AB for Heather to take the show.  She's gonna be trained by Art, first as producer and then take over the show.  I think some of these people helping in the background knew this privately.  She never denied it.  I think they probably felt, 'Well, we did all this work for Heather's show out of respect for Art and all the building he did for Heather.  BG should have been supportive.'  That's what angered them.  I'm going to guess they were the people who told Art BG would be supportive of Heather.  If you had moderated the forum to be only supportive of Art and Heather, you wouldn't have had a forum because from day one, from the first time they heard Heather with Art, BG was not supportive.  In fact most of BG was horrified.  The ultimate horror for those people was that BG was right.  Heather sucked and had no chance at success in broadcasting.  She didn't even have a chance as a successful YouTuber.  Even if she were on UFOShip you'd get Nancy Birnes and Rosegirl and a couple other cat ladies interested in it, but that's it.  Others have speculated Art was building an audience for Heather all along, and I support that suspicion entirely.

In Art's plan, it was assumed BG would support all of this merely because Heather was a bellgabber.  It was a total misunderstanding of BG brought about because Art was listening to the wrong people, or Heather was making sure Art only had access to the opinions of the wrong people.  It's very apparent those people were on BG not because they were BG type personalities or enjoyed BG or the environment or had any love for BG.  They were on BG to drive an agenda.  The agenda from the very beginning was to make BG a place that would ensure Heather's show would succeed.  They led Art to believe they had the power to do that.  They didn't understand BG because they weren't actually bellgabbers, and that was the problem.  It was called BG and it was about Art Bell, but it wasn't a facebook cat lady style site with moderation and safe spaces, etc."

This just has a ring of plausibility to it, in my opinion.  When you see the way the dust settled and look back on everything through this prism, it just seems some people were very personally invested and this theory ties up a lot of loose ends.  They were all so viscerally reactive when anyone would question the validity of Art's stalker story.  It made one question whether they were fans or PR agents.  Remember when Jazmunda called PonyBoySunset, his goddamn co-host, a "fucking idiot" or something during a live airing of their "Fuck MV" podcast, all because she cast doubt on Art's story?  Anger due to a failing plan, according to this theory.

MV/Liberace!

Jaz may have been joking when he posted that but now I’m not so sure.

I think at that time, he was joking.  I doubt I would have been allowed in on that conversation if he weren't.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Liberace! on January 16, 2020, 12:22:37 PM

I'll relay some of the more relevant observations from this person.  At this point in the conversation, we were talking about the Gang of Four and others who who were closely involved in the the behind the scenes stuff going on with Art/Heather and his show, both during the run-up and during its existence.  The basis of this person's assertion is that when it became obvious BellGab wasn't going to support Heather as the host, they (the GOF and others) all simultaneously decided not to participate at BellGab any longer.  As far as the GOF departure is concerned, I always thought it was primarily because the GabCast was opened to anyone who wanted to host.  This person believes they left not primarily because of the GabCast thing or some other form of outrage, but because they failed to make BellGab facilitate and support Art's months long plan for Heather which they were very privy to:

This just has a ring of plausibility to it, in my opinion.  When you see the way the dust settled and look back on everything through this prism, it just seems some people were very personally invested and this theory ties up a lot of loose ends.  They were all so viscerally reactive when anyone would question the validity of Art's stalker story.  It made one question whether they were fans or PR agents.  Remember when Jazmunda called PonyBoySunset, his goddamn co-host, a "fucking idiot" or something during a live airing of their "Fuck MV" podcast, all because she cast doubt on Art's story?  Anger due to a failing plan, according to this theory.

What a bad plan from the start. It makes me question how well Art was back then. Opiates can certainly cloud one’s judgement...but Heather as his replacement?! We’re talking Elvis near the end here. Why would people get all exicted about Heather after only a few months of Art being back?! Ill conceived.

Having said that I thought she was at least decent as his producer.

Lilith

Quote from: Liberace! on January 16, 2020, 12:23:12 PM
I think at that time, he was joking.  I doubt I would have been allowed in on that conversation if he weren't.

Or maybe it was a boo boo, a slip of the tongue, which everyone hoped you would assume was a joke,  and he realized, or got told later in private, that he shouldn't have said that?

Dr. MD MD

So, the GOF were people that had Art’s ear outside of Bellgab?

Lilith

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 16, 2020, 12:44:59 PM
What a bad plan from the start. It makes me question how well Art was back then. Opiates can certainly cloud one’s judgement...but Heather as his replacement?! We’re talking Elvis near the end here. Why would people get all exicted about Heather after only a few months of Art being back?! Ill conceived.

Same ol guests, out of the same old filing cabinet?  I say nay.

Of course, there WAS that one Tie-Door episode...

DynamoHum

Quote from: Liberace! on January 16, 2020, 12:22:37 PM

I do like this theory. Let’s take into account that Heather only really liked or allowed yes people around her, and as she appeared to be the main conduit to Art from the looks of that thread it would have been easy to give a strong bias to Heather and her abilities. I would also point people to MV’s observation of how her manner changed - she thought she was well in and all was settled.

To be a critical thinker in this it would be wrong to not bring up the search that was done for another host to take over - Hughes for example, and also how tainted the relationship Wade had with Keith from the outset (again from reading that thread). Pete E had mentioned to me in the past that to think that flirty Heather and it’s effect on Art cannot be discounted either. I am guessing her abilities as a phone sex operator gave her good training in making the person she is talking to feel like they are the centre of the world, and that would have appealed to Art.

It appears to me that Art always loved the planning and expectation of a show - not the actual reality of the show and the daily grind of it. The enthusiasm and attention paid to Art by BG and by Heather would have appealed to his egotist nature and would have made a mark. I’m sure her knowledge of his shows and the paranormal in general would have been a good lure for Art when looking at her as a possible replacement.

The ascension of Heather Wade and her eventual rapid descent is really interesting to me (as you may have gathered).

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 16, 2020, 12:44:59 PM

In my conversation last night, I made the point that when Art returned for MITD, I actively listened to a total of about 60 minutes of the entire run.  That remains true.  There are countless shows I've never heard and probably never will.  Because of that, I can't really assess for myself what kind of job she did as producer. 

I will say it seemed from what I saw on BellGab, she was booking many of the same guests Art had on in the 90s which is good or bad, depending on your perspective.  Personally, I think the focus should have been on completely refreshing the show and staying away from the 90s guests as much as possible.  Most of them have been completely debunked and discredited at this point anyway.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Lilith on January 16, 2020, 12:56:48 PM
Same ol guests, out of the same old filing cabinet?  I say nay.

I know. I was being generous. Remember when Art ate a “lightbulb” one night? You know you’re out of ideas when... :D

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Lilith on January 16, 2020, 12:52:16 PM
Or maybe it was a boo boo, a slip of the tongue, which everyone hoped you would assume was a joke,  and he realized, or got told later in private, that he shouldn't have said that?

It's a secret of the universe to which we'll probably never have an answer, Brig.