• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Show Prep

Started by MV/Liberace!, December 19, 2014, 10:01:21 AM

Corona Kitty

I'll light a candle for all these individuals who flew too close to the sun.

Rest in peace.

Lilith

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 14, 2020, 03:27:10 PM
You know how there were movies made about what things were like behind the scenes at certain shows like Letterman, etc.? I think we need a Bellgab docudrama (mockudrama?). Let’s all do lunch and hash this thing out. 8)

;D

SredniVashtar

I think it's quite clear that MV/Liberace was operating an apartheid regime here at BellGab, with the favoured few sunning themselves poolside at some swanky Cape Town hotel, while leaving the rest of us to scratch out a living in a shanty on the outskirts of Pretoria. What a cunt!

whoozit

I guess we now know who had Turbo Mode if nothing else.

Quote from: SredniVashtar on January 14, 2020, 03:57:36 PM
I think it's quite clear that MV/Liberace was operating an apartheid regime here at BellGab, with the favoured few sunning themselves poolside at some swanky Cape Town hotel, while leaving the rest of us to scratch out a living in a shanty on the outskirts of Pretoria. What a cunt!

Mr. Marvin, I presume?

Lilith

Quote from: jazmunda on January 27, 2015, 04:38:23 AM
I think there's more chance of Falkie achieving and maintaining an erection than of Art returning in July.

Every FB post up until now has talked about him seeing us in July or about him going head to head with C2CAM. Now he's talking IFs. As someone stated the capital is never a good sign. He's also using his health as an out and the haters as a reason not to begin.

It worries me greatly that we are only a few months out and he's talking about significant financial investments being a hurdle. What the fuck has he been doing for the past year and half? Don't you think he should have been investigating this and it's viability?

No producer? What the fuck Art? You knew you needed one of these to do a show. Did you think one was going to fall out of the sky? Did you not learn your lesson about not hiring a lawyer to look over a contract before starting a job? Art's penchant for not doing anything professionally in a business world is very worrying. Was he going to hire a producer from BellGab like his legal council he used to fight his NC? WTF? 6 months out and no producer. Stop twiddling your thumbs and place an advertisement for a producer or hire agent or manager.

I think Art thought this was going to be a walk in the park but now that he realised that he's not a young man anymore and building something from the ground up in a more competitive and more business like environment is hard work and can't be done with no experience or  knowledge he's bailing.

The part I hate about all this the most is that he is using bullshit excuses. If he just came out and said that his heart wasn't in it and he wanted to spend his remaining days with his family then I would be fine with it.

I don't think I will come out and say this on the show tomorrow as I have way too much respect for the guy. I've been listening to him for over half my life. To this very day I listen to him daily. I just can't call him out on it particularly because I may be completely wrong and also who the fuck am I to question my hero. I think that the way I'll play it is to state how much Art means to me, my half life history with him, my respect and admiration for him, my wish to hear him do a show no matter how frequently, my respecting of his wishes should he hang up the mic but then having said all that play devil's advocate. I know it's a cop out but I'm a pussy.

I think we should push for callers to give their thoughts and opinions.

I doubt Art will call in. I sent him another email reminder with the time and contact details. If he does make sure you have all the questions you've ever wanted to ask him as you may never get another chance.

tl:dr

Lilith

Quote from: jazmunda on February 01, 2015, 05:48:36 AM
I can't work out that Catsmile. He's the GabCast's biggest fanboi but he only has horrible things to say about it and us. Is that just his shtick or is he just a troll? Can't work the guy out.

Yeah I know, man up. Why can't everyone just like me?

I hope Catsmile doesn't see this.

Poor Catsmile...

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Heather Wade on February 18, 2015, 02:50:12 PM
Stop.  You're embarrassing me.  Thank goodness this thread is super secret.  Oh, thanks for bringing back the strikethrough function.

Heh heh.

Lilith

Quote from: Liberace! on February 20, 2015, 09:59:00 PM
Man. When I start to read a wall of text, make my way about two sentences in, and realize it's a disjointed, meandering, unreadable pile of shit that I need to scroll past... it's almost invariably the name Albrecht next to it. Oh, and yeah, he thinks it's OK for the police to kill you if you're in the United States illegally. So that just makes him an even bigger pleasure, where I come from.

[/catty gossip]

I refer to his posting style as "Albrechtian".

Lilith

Quote from: Liberace! on February 21, 2015, 04:27:02 AM
i added some more bullshit to my post.

You're allowed.  It's your forum, after all.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Lilith on January 14, 2020, 04:25:31 PM
I refer to his posting style as "Albrechtian".

Turns out he’s a she...or so they thought back then. I didn’t have the heart to repost the albrecht stuff.

Corona Kitty

Quote from: Heather Wade on February 18, 2015, 02:50:12 PM
Stop.  You're embarrassing me.  Thank goodness this thread is super secret.  Oh, thanks for bringing back the strikethrough function.

You embarrassed? Nah

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: jazmunda on March 07, 2015, 12:36:30 AM
I'd rather stab my ear with Liberace's penis.

Prophetic.

Lilith

Quote from: Heather Wade on February 24, 2015, 10:01:52 PM
It's obvious, he loves us.  Kidding. 
I think he does enjoy the forum, you are just the right amount of crazy, and he's trying like hell to get this done.

What I would give to be in his office helping...

Oh, DO tell us more.

whoozit

Gives a new meaning to “I gave at the office”.

Corona Kitty

Who would have known, Art was actually a Democrat all this time.

whoozit

Art used a humidor for his smokes?

Lilith

Quote from: Liberace! on March 08, 2015, 01:01:36 PM
And there's this. The show is soooo niche that I'm not sure it would work. The GabCast was what Keith originally wanted to air and I told him no, let's stick with the Spec Sheet, for that same reason.

This post totally surprised me, and I'm rarely totally surprised.

Corona Kitty

Quote from: Lilith on January 14, 2020, 04:58:55 PM

This post totally surprised me, and I'm rarely totally surprised.

Feelings change just like seasons Change.

Dr. MD MD

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Heather Wade on May 11, 2015, 10:43:37 PM
If I never have the time to find a place to live, I blame you, Jaz.  I'm in.   ;D

I guess she worked that one out. :D

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: eddie dean on May 24, 2015, 10:24:31 PM
It's even cooler that Art just invited  Redacted to co-host a show with him!!
I hope you do it Red!

And so it began...

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: onan on May 27, 2015, 04:44:47 AM
I haven't drank since May of 1987. But what a fun thought, a drunken Gabcast.

It’s a regular thing now. :D

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Heather Wade on May 29, 2015, 11:55:31 PM
There were dudes that would occasionally tip with their hotel room keys.

;D

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: jazmunda on June 06, 2015, 03:26:44 PM
I zig zag all over the place thinking this poster or that is littlechris.

Falkie claims to have spoken to both littlechris and Open Lines Gerry and they are not the same person but Falkie is the dumbest person I have ever encountered on the internet and littlechris could be his mom for all we know and he'd have no idea.

In fact I generally think that most posters that have been banned after being long time posters, particularly those with agendas are someone else now. 

Bart Ell has to be around somewhere.

I know he's back now but Jackstar had to have been around during his absence. No other poster had his acid tongue and general assholery but I always thought paladin or catsmile shared his nastiness. Probably not. Maybe they are just creepy assholes too.

I imagine some of Falkie's redbook "friends" are still around. I sometimes think that in order to troll Falkie more effectively they have switched teams from detractors to fans as that tactic will assure a longer troll life on BellGab.