• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Show Prep

Started by MV/Liberace!, December 19, 2014, 10:01:21 AM

eddie dean

Quote from: jazmunda on June 30, 2015, 06:07:21 PM
Stream still down. I'm guessing this could be a problem.
FYI:
I'm guessing he disconnected his winamp player so I could connect whenever I was ready.

Sorry for the PC issues!!
I will replace my POS laptop with another POS laptop which wont suddenly power off when it gets too hot.   :-[

jazmunda

Hey eddie my bestest friend in the whole wide world.

Here is the clean sounding audio - https://www.dropbox.com/s/e6axh8wqx3itev4/Hell%20Sounds%202013.wav?dl=0

Here is the shittier audio (audio starts 13 seconds in) - https://www.dropbox.com/s/n8jbkqr4mnk0lx4/Art%20Bell%20playing%20the%20Sounds%20of%20Hell.mp3?dl=0

Can you get them sounding similar?

I'm going to be splicing the most of the better sounding quality into the shittier quality one so that it seems as if it's the same bit of audio. I don't care about the quality of the final product. You may make the better one worse as long as they both sound almost the same. I don't know the technical terms but you get my drift.

Thank you and if you pull this off I will never say a bad word about you again and will even stick up for you if Falkie ever yells at you.

eddie dean

Quote from: jazmunda on June 30, 2015, 11:15:36 PM
Hey eddie my bestest friend in the whole wide world.

Here is the clean sounding audio - https://www.dropbox.com/s/e6axh8wqx3itev4/Hell%20Sounds%202013.wav?dl=0

Here is the shittier audio (audio starts 13 seconds in) - https://www.dropbox.com/s/n8jbkqr4mnk0lx4/Art%20Bell%20playing%20the%20Sounds%20of%20Hell.mp3?dl=0

Can you get them sounding similar?

I'm going to be splicing the most of the better sounding quality into the shittier quality one so that it seems as if it's the same bit of audio. I don't care about the quality of the final product. You may make the better one worse as long as they both sound almost the same. I don't know the technical terms but you get my drift.

I will not help until you use the correct audio terminology sir. sheesh!
I'll listen to it tomorrow and see what I can do. Should be fairly straightforward. :)

Thank you and if you pull this off I will never say a bad word about you again and will even stick up for you if Falkie ever yells at you.
I've heard this song and dance before Jaz.
  "Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on............. See, if you fool me I can't get fooled again!" - An American President actually said this!

I'm staying away from the falkie pit of dispair, thanks.
What else can you offer?  ;)

eddie dean

Tonight's show: ( ready to be published)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ip9u8bm214e97zt/gabcast_20150630.mp3?dl=0

Who wants to write a description?

Heather Wade

Quote from: eddie dean on July 01, 2015, 01:00:14 AM
Tonight's show: ( ready to be published)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ip9u8bm214e97zt/gabcast_20150630.mp3?dl=0

Who wants to write a description?

The GabCast brings you Eddie Dean, Jazmunda, Redacted, and special guest host Chefist.  Art Bell drops the Richard C Hoagland bomb, Noory is pulling shenanigans, BellGab gets together to form a grass-roots advertising campaign for Midnight In The Desert - codename:  The Blitz.

???

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: eddie dean on June 30, 2015, 10:01:56 PM
FYI:
I'm guessing he disconnected his winamp player so I could connect whenever I was ready.

Sorry for the PC issues!!
I will replace my POS laptop with another POS laptop which wont suddenly power off when it gets too hot.   :-[

So the stream drops were on your end?

jazmunda

Oops Eddie this should be the first link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5wo5e0mtde5mbwv/Explanation.wav?dl=0

the first link in the above post is the clean hell sound which is fine

jazmunda

Just to clarify these are the two files:

Clean Dark Matter Explanation of the Sounds of Hell: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5wo5e0mtde5mbwv/Explanation.wav?dl=0

YouTube rip of Art talking about an email he received: (audio starts 13 seconds in) - https://www.dropbox.com/s/n8jbkqr4mnk0lx4/Art%20Bell%20playing%20the%20Sounds%20of%20Hell.mp3?dl=0

In the second clip don't worry about the actual sounds from hell as I have a better copy.

I am going to splice in most of the audio from the first clip into the second and want the quality to sound like they are from the same bit of audio. if possible.

eddie dean

Quote from: MV on July 01, 2015, 02:15:09 AM
So the stream drops were on your end?

yup....
my stream PC powered down twice!!

eddie dean

Quote from: (Redacted) on July 01, 2015, 01:15:10 AM

The GabCast brings you Eddie Dean, Jazmunda, Redacted, and special guest host Chefist.  Art Bell drops the Richard C Hoagland bomb, Noory is pulling shenanigans, BellGab gets together to form a grass-roots advertising campaign for Midnight In The Desert - codename:  The Blitz.

???

thanks!
that will work just fine

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: eddie dean on July 01, 2015, 10:55:34 AM

yup....
my stream PC powered down twice!!

oh sheeeit.  well, that's good to find out.  i was worried my shoutcast hosting company was biting it.

eddie dean

I just listened back to the last GC, I have to say, it was very well done. good analysis and commentary by everybody!
A few spots of awkwardness by yours truely, but for the most part, a very entertaining and informative show!
the pacing & transitions were good. Callers were good. I took MV's advice about moving the calls along after they make a point, & it helped tremendously with the pace of the show!
Redacted's  breakdown of the big RCH news was fantastic! Inserting opinion and analysis while she was reading Arts post, I must say that was very well done.
Jaz's input and comments were perfectly timed & funny as always, & chefist managed to get in a few good licks as well. 

Well done gabcasters!
Now frig off! ;)

Cheers

onan

Quote from: eddie dean on July 02, 2015, 01:58:04 PM
I just listened back to the last GC, I have to say, it was very well done. good analysis and commentary by everybody!
A few spots of awkwardness by yours truely, but for the most part, a very entertaing show!
the pacing & transitions were good. Callers were good. I took MV's advice about moving the calls along after they make a point, & it helped tremendously with the pace of the show!
Redacted's  breakdown of the big RCH news was fantastic! Inserting opinion and analysis while she was reading Arts post, I must say that was very well done.
Jaz's input and comments were perfectly timed & funny as always, & chefist managed to get in a few good licks as well. 

Well done gabcasters!
Now frig off! ;)

Cheers

Eddie Dean, stop it. I listened to the show while driving home. You were perfect, your laptop... not so much. I suppose, had you spent some of your vast earnings from the Cast responsibly things would have went better. There is that. But if anything, you are improving noticeably and consistently.

I didn't find the recent episode to be great, but it was engaging. I am not sure anyone can ask for more than that.

I was impressed with everyone there. But it seems, no one else walks away from a show with feelings similar to yours... so stop it. I promise if you fuck up, someone will be there to let you know... and fuck them.

eddie dean

Quote from: onan on July 02, 2015, 02:05:39 PM
Eddie Dean, stop it. I listened to the show while driving home. You were perfect, your laptop... not so much. I suppose, had you spent some of your vast earnings from the Cast responsibly things would have went better. There is that. But if anything, you are improving noticeably and consistently.

I didn't find the recent episode to be great, but it was engaging. I am not sure anyone can ask for more than that.

I was impressed with everyone there. But it seems, no one else walks away from a show with feelings similar to yours... so stop it. I promise if you fuck up, someone will be there to let you know... and fuck them.

I'm not being overly self-critical now, Although, that being my baseline, it can and does happen.  The show felt good and I felt light and upbeat while doing it. Progress!  I appreciate your candor all the same.
I guess if I don't get shit this time for calling the Pluto probe a doohicky thing -uh-muh-bob, then I never will!  Lol!!

Heather Wade

Quote from: eddie dean on July 02, 2015, 01:58:04 PM
A few spots of awkwardness by yours truely, but for the most part, a very entertaining and informative show!

Well done gabcasters!
Now frig off! ;)

Cheers

Thank you Eddie.  Onan is right, you were as good if not better than the rest of us.  If anyone wants to argue with that, point the way & I will be happy to break their legs.  (Kidding, but not entirely)

As for me, I was nervous when you & Jaz stepped away, but tried to give a good delivery.

eddie dean

Seriously, I wasn't fishing for compliments. Deep down, I know I'm the big draw and the star of this operation! No one can convince me otherwise!  :P
I suggest we call it The Eddie Dean & others Show from now on.  ;D

I just wanted to show appreciation for the fine work that everybody did to put on an entertaining show. ;)

BTW, thanks! I couldn't do the show without you guys!
Fun times indeed!

onan

Quote from: eddie dean on July 02, 2015, 02:22:34 PM
I'm not being overly self-critical now, Although, that being my baseline, it can and does happen.  The show felt good and I felt light and upbeat while doing it. Progress!  I appreciate your candor all the same.
I guess if I don't get shit this time for calling the Pluto probe a doohicky thing -uh-muh-bob, then I never will!  Lol!!

I hope you know I am going to use: Pluto probe a doohicky thing -uh-muh-bob... oops already did.

eddie dean

Quote from: onan on July 02, 2015, 02:47:26 PM
I hope you know I am going to use: Pluto probe a doohicky thing -uh-muh-bob... oops already did.
Damn yew dirty ApesOnan!

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Jamal Abanane on July 05, 2015, 08:07:37 AM
I'd be honoured to hear this at some point...next cast...LoL

i can e-mail the mp3 if required but go here:
http://chirb.it/Ia9F2F

eddie dean

thanks for posting the link MV.
FYI: my mom is in bad shape after a bike accident friday morning. head trama,  multiple others fractures. she is  in north Az trama IC hospital.
I'm needed here for the forseeable future for my mom and step dad.

I will try to keep you updataed when I can.

of course I wont be able to do a show tues.

jazmunda

Quote from: eddie dean on July 05, 2015, 12:00:32 PM
FYI: my mom is in bad shape after a bike accident friday morning. head trama,  multiple others fractures. she is  in north Az trama IC hospital.

I'm so sorry to hear Eddie. Sending prayers.

Heather Wade

Your mom is more important.  I'm sorry this happened, and my heart breaks.  Wishing you strength, Eddie.

onan

That sucks Eddie, best wishes. Give a call if you want to talk.

heater

Sorry to hear about that Eddie, we will be praying for a full recovery.

If needed I can help with streaming the show this Tuesday, I'll be doing it for the Spec Sheet already.

eddie dean

i appreciate the well wishes and sentiments! It means a lot.  thanks
Upgraded & out of ICU today. Improving!
She has a long recovery ahead of her.

I'll stop the TMI now.

PS. Is it wrong to flirt back with the smoking hot nurses here? (the female ones ;) )
I'm pretty sure it's in their job description to ease worries of family members, and be helpful, right? I wonder if a quickie in the electrical closet is out of the question? ;D 

jazmunda

Quote from: eddie dean on July 05, 2015, 10:40:56 PM
i appreciate the well wishes and sentiments! It means a lot.  thanks
Upgraded & out of ICU today. Improving!
She has a long recovery ahead of her.

I'll stop the TMI now.

PS. Is it wrong to flirt back with the smoking hot nurses here? (the female ones ;) )
I'm pretty sure it's in their job description to ease worries of family members, and be helpful, right? I wonder if a quickie in the electrical closet is out of the question? ;D

I'm glad to hear that everything is on the up. Like onan said if you need to talk I'm here for you too mate.

I'm glad you clarified that you were referring to the female nurses. Now I know you are gay. :P

eddie dean

Quote from: jazmunda on July 05, 2015, 10:52:29 PM
I'm glad to hear that everything is on the up. Like onan said if you need to talk I'm here for you too mate.
thanks Jaz!  :)
I'm glad you clarified that you were referring to the female nurses. Now I know you are gay. :P

Well, It was my understanding that If you are in a different zip code from where you get your 'mail', You can blow or let blow up to 2 male nurses without it affecting your hetro status.  That might be only in Australia though.  :-\

jazmunda

Quote from: eddie dean on July 06, 2015, 12:37:03 AM
thanks Jaz!  :)
Well, It was my understanding that If you are in a different zip code from where you get your 'mail', You can blow or let blow up to 2 male nurses without it affecting your hetro status.  That might be only in Australia though.  :-\

What happens in another zip code stays in another zip code unless you contract  a venereal disease. That shit can cross borders.

MV/Liberace!

Holy hell. That's some shit news about your mom.

jazmunda

Are we doing a show tomorrow?