• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Connie Willis

Started by GeorgieForPresident2216, October 18, 2014, 11:11:51 PM

ufogadfly

No question about it now. Connie is definitely my second-to-least-favorite host after disg(e)orge.

albrecht

Yeah, with Art I liked Bigfeet shows. With Connie or Norry. Ugh. And her annoying "we're talking about the big guy" after each break was tiring. The guest himself seemed ok and seemed to be against all the "monster hunter" fake-reality shows (even though Connie said she loved them) and admits that he never has encountered a bigfoot except for one possible sighting (in which his partner thought it was a person.) The NDE guy sounded pretty legit, especially for a C2C guest, and was pretty interesting. She did slightly better with him but still had the Norry-style asking the same questions over-and-over.

jjsmooth

Didn't like the NDE guy. He claimed to have scientific evidence but all he actually had were survey responses and descriptions from experiencers. Hardly scientific.

WOTR

I'm trying to recall if it was her who hosted last night (Saturday night.)  I just recall walking into the kitchen to make a salad and cursing at the radio and the guest after a few minutes.  "I love the loving lovers.  It can all be cured by love if only you can love..."  It got to the point that I turned my kitchen into the midway carnival and tossed an onion at the radio to see if I could knock it over before the word "love" was once again spoken.  I failed as it only took the guest or the host 5 seconds to get the word out and it took me three onions to knock the radio off the table.  I didn't win the stuffed animal...

The only thing that would have completed the show would have been to invite Peter Breggan (sp?) on to join the panel of love.  Needless to say, the radio was turned off quite quickly and remains off tonight.  Where is Knapp?

zeebo

Maybe I just wanna believe, but I actually enjoyed the NDE show last nite.  Ms. Connie seemed less spaced out and the conversation flowed better than usual.  But I can do without some of her expressions like "Holy Cow!".

Quote from: zeebo on May 11, 2015, 01:02:25 AM
Maybe I just wanna believe, but I actually enjoyed the NDE show last nite.  Ms. Connie seemed less spaced out and the conversation flowed better than usual.  But I can do without some of her expressions like "Holy Cow!".

Maybe she's channeling Harry Caray.

Scully

I think Willis has gotten better than when she first started, but that's not saying much.  Her manner is as offputting to me as Linda Moulten Howe's is to a lot of people.  I missed the "holy cow," but the "wow"s and "ooohs" are her trademark swoons.

I did enjoy the NDE session in spite of the host, but then I love personal anecdotes.  Granted, it shouldn't have been labeled as "scientific."

The Bigfoot topic (one of my favorites) was wasted by the incompetence of the host.  I couldn't tell if the guest really had much to say or not.  Willis pulled a total Noory with all the "what got you started in all this" type of assinine questioning.

Gassy Man

The problem with her is you have to get past her New Age rambling to find any semblance of substance, and there's not much there.

A case in point at how sloppily casual she is:  She started to ask a question, then stopped because she said they had to break . . . and then babbled for a minute or so to fill up time before fade out. She could easily have asked a question to set things up for after the break but instead just squandered a minute or more. Given that each hour of Coast to Coast is eaten up by commercials, news breaks, and filler, that minute counts.  She also comes across as an old hippie, which doesn't lend much credibility to the "scientific" nature of the Q-and-A that was supposed to happen last night.

Gassy Man

Quote from: jjsmooth on May 10, 2015, 10:12:26 PM
Didn't like the NDE guy. He claimed to have scientific evidence but all he actually had were survey responses and descriptions from experiencers. Hardly scientific.
I didn't listen to the whole interview, but surveys are usually considered quantitative research (if it can be statistically analyzed) and descriptions qualitative.  Both have their role and often illuminate possibilities for experimental research later.

popple

Just as long as it aint Church.

paladin1991

Quote from: Gassy Man on May 12, 2015, 12:05:03 AM
I didn't listen to the whole interview, but surveys are usually considered quantitative research (if it can be statistically analyzed) and descriptions qualitative.  Both have their role and often illuminate possibilities for experimental research later.
This chick is just a place holder.  IMHO, except for the Knapster, they should dump all their fucked up work for shit kernals hosts and just run SIT's.  Their ratings would go up.

Nebraska888

Quote from: Gassy Man on May 12, 2015, 12:03:37 AM
The problem with her is you have to get past her New Age rambling to find any semblance of substance, and there's not much there.

A case in point at how sloppily casual she is:  She started to ask a question, then stopped because she said they had to break . . . and then babbled for a minute or so to fill up time before fade out. She could easily have asked a question to set things up for after the break but instead just squandered a minute or more. Given that each hour of Coast to Coast is eaten up by commercials, news breaks, and filler, that minute counts.  She also comes across as an old hippie, which doesn't lend much credibility to the "scientific" nature of the Q-and-A that was supposed to happen last night.

Amen!

zeebo

Tonite's Connie-rama actually sounds promising: Montauk Project & Strange Entities.   Question is, will we get the calm, clear-headed Connie, or the loopy, giggly, nacho-craving Connie?

wr250

Quote from: zeebo on June 13, 2015, 06:37:37 PM
Tonite's Connie-rama actually sounds promising: Montauk Project & Strange Entities.   Question is, will we get the calm, clear-headed Connie, or the loopy, giggly, nacho-craving Connie?
never know, one does
which connie we get

Dateline

Sunday nights are submerging artists.  Saturday night is submerging host.

Quote from: Dateline on June 13, 2015, 08:47:31 PM
Sunday nights are submerging artists.  Saturday night is submerging host.

She has QVC roots. I wish instead of paranormal she'd bring on the guy who hosts the cooking shows.

Quote from: HorrorReporter on June 13, 2015, 09:41:49 PM
She has QVC roots. I wish instead of paranormal she'd bring on the guy who hosts the cooking shows.

====================================================
'Allo!
With you still am i.
Thinking about why Mz.Willis' chatty,relaxed cum bombed-on-cooking-sherry style is so h8ed or resented by the h8r kkrewe here on 'Bull_Grab'.
Mebbe she could do guests that combine paranormal,ie ghosties,ghoulies,zombies,with food,styles of eating...
No wierder than real shows on some tee-vee channels now.
1)Zombies cook creole gumbo.
2)recently deceased actors spell out recipes via OUIJA Board!!
3)Pygmies from Ituri describe their favourite 'Long-Pig'recipes,discuss celebrity ham actors most likeley to make good feast.
"B_B"

DanTSX

NPR night again.

Back to the archives and pirate streams.

ZHero

Quote from: zeebo on June 13, 2015, 06:37:37 PM

We got the latter. Shes like the overenthusiastic kid sister who wants to be a part of everything and is annoying as hell. Late at night I dont want to hear a spastic happy-happy bubble brain. I want to hear a creepy morbid brainy host. Like Art.

ZHero

I just sent her an email. It says-
" HEY QUIT SOUNDING SO DANG HAPPY! ITS ANNOYING! THIS IS PARANORMAL RADIO, NOT GOOD MORNING AMERICA!"

trostol

i think she mentioned the first guests name like 50 times while he was on and he literally told us nothing during that interview

ZHero

Quote from: trostol on June 14, 2015, 12:14:38 AM
i think she mentioned the first guests name like 50 times while he was on and he literally told us nothing during that interview
Jar Jar Binks would be a better host.

Quote from: trostol on June 14, 2015, 12:14:38 AM

Yes.  I thought maybe I had missed something, as I was mainly focused on playing video poker; but then I realized that no, I hadn't, because the guest hadn't said anything.  Oh, he did allude frequently to stuff he couldn't discuss.  Riveting radio this is snot.

I do like the way Connie pronounces "Loolville", however; just like a native.

I bet, in her youth, Connie was a groupie.  I can see her standing outside Motley Crue's room hoping to get laid.  However, she had to settle for some freckle-faced roadie.

ZHero

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 14, 2015, 01:13:40 AM
I bet, in her youth, Connie was a groupie.  I can see her standing outside Motley Crue's room hoping to get laid.  However, she had to settle for some freckle-faced roadie.
I bet shes one of those chicks that giggles the whole time she has sex. Annoying.

trostol

just like every other host..totally getting the info about Djinn wrong...they are not inherently evil...they can be both good and evil

and how are they continually bring up Slendie who was totally made up on the internet

AvDaBr

Among a laundry list of her annoying traits is the habit of reminding us we're listening to Coast to Coast AM a dozen times per hour.

Quote from: ZHero on June 14, 2015, 01:18:43 AM
I bet shes one of those chicks that giggles the whole time she has sex. Annoying.

Instant turnoff.

However, I bet she did get with the lead singer of Men Without Hats in a threeway with the dwarf.  One kinky girl!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nM4okRvCg2g

trostol

is she lighting up every 2 minutes? i swear i hear a lighter

zeebo

"I don't even know what I'm asking, not even sure where I'm going with this ..."  Oh oh, I think Ms. Connie might need a snack, she's spacing out again.