• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

What a crazy year for baseball...

Started by pate, October 01, 2014, 04:09:40 PM

Zoo

Ya I feel you my liver could not take much more of it without a break  8). Well this weekend is going to be a good one and for the I-70 series bring it. Cardsnation needs some pay back ;D!!1

pate

Extra innings!  Wow!  Big comebacks shut down...  I jinx the princess... (sp)

As I said to a compadre at the viewing of the game:  nothing you or I can do will affect the teams' outcome.

If Ned Yost is not Manager of the Year in Baseball this Year the Umps are screwy!

Bizarro world is not a pleasant place....  It has some sort of Royal fambly winning the whole throw!  Heavans to Betsy!

Sweep, let's not talk about it.  Winning year, as the second best team?  Can get on that bandwagon...

I do hate fair weather fans...

Cards?  How y'all do?

Quit focusing on Butler, and have a look at Moustakes. (sp) kids' a good man...

I am obviously not a sports fan, and baqsueball is for amateurs!

-p

zeebo

Another exciting game tonite, eh pate?  Orioles on the way to a heroic comeback but Royals hold them back just short.  Still, either I'm easily entertained or this is a pretty wild post-season so far.

Quote from: pate on October 11, 2014, 01:27:49 AM
...  Can get on that bandwagon...

I do hate fair weather fans...

Wait, isn't bandwagon climbing the very definition of a fair-weather fan?

I ask this as a fair-weather fan - and proud of it  (If the team isn't rebuilding with a sound plan and making wise decisions, or contending, why waste time, money, or emotional energy on it?)

pate

PB as a 'fair-weather' fan you should have no worries, it is the fair weather fans, you know it is hot in July and I need a box fan to cool me off-type fans that I disdain...

That may include yourself, but don't see it as a judgement on yourself as an individual, but more the 'you' that is the class that you are a part of...

Heh, it's us when we win, and them when they lose

pate

I now seem to be grappling (sp) grabbing (?) onto some sort of anger...  I am happy!  wow.  just wow.  put yourself in my shoes...   Even today or last night the TBS commentators were down on my team...  The Orioles have had a longer drought, playoff drought not so sure (again I miss the hyphens)

A hellouva team, them dirty birds (that goes for you too Cards)

This Royals team has a heckouva bullpen.

Extra innings seems to be their forte.  If Ned Yost doesn't get 'Coach of the Year' from someone at this point seems biased....

Even if it is from some nay-sayer hometown columnist, he should be.

I suppose I jinx the guy by typing that, I suppose Sporting (gack) didna do well tonight...

Honestly nothing I type, no amount I drink or don't will help the teams get to the World Series....

I do note that one team has the only Japanese player in the post season, and they watch and root...  Also there seems to be an Aussie pitcher in the mix...

I cannot get this in-depth (ahahahah) on the NL side, but I think the Cards have a good chance to face the AL team!

I'm no idjet with a microphone, but I still say I70(bizzaro)WS!?!

EDIT:  PB;  'tis not bandwagon 'climbing' it is bandwagon 'jumping' as in on!

zeebo

Quote from: Paper*Boy on October 11, 2014, 01:48:13 AM
Wait, isn't bandwagon climbing the very definition of a fair-weather fan? ....

I seem to always root for the underdog, until they pull ahead then I think they've gotten too big for their britches and root against them.  I guess that makes me a foul-weather fan.   ::)

Zoo

It just got crazier!  A Giants runner just tied the game in the ninth when a runner alertly scored from second when ball four to the batter was a wild pitch.  I can't remember ever seeing a play like that.

And Wong just made things right for the Cards with a walk-off homer.  Not my preferred outcome, but it was a great game!

zeebo

Yep agreed RGG, another good showdown tonite.

phrodo

Not sure my heart can take another game like last night in StL. The Cards evidently saved their big flys for the right time of year. Hope we can limp across the finish line in first without Yadi ... there's no replacing him.

Quote from: phrodo on October 13, 2014, 03:38:46 PM
Not sure my heart can take another game like last night in StL. The Cards evidently saved their big flys for the right time of year. Hope we can limp across the finish line in first without Yadi ... there's no replacing him.

As a Cubs fan, I have to root for the Giants, but I was sorry to see Yadi get hurt last night.  No schadenfreude here. I always want post-season teams to be able to compete with their best players, and Yadi is one of the best catchers of all time.  I have a lot of respect for the man, even though he routinely finds ways to put a hurt on the Cubs.

phrodo

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on October 13, 2014, 04:02:29 PM
As a Cubs fan, I have to root for the Giants, but I was sorry to see Yadi get hurt last night.  No schadenfreude here. I always want post-season teams to be able to compete with their best players, and Yadi is one of the best catchers of all time.  I have a lot of respect for the man, even though he routinely finds ways to put a hurt on the Cubs.

Crazy late news is that Yadi feels better today, was on the field throwing during workouts and says he is going to try "to contribute" tomorrow. I think they should make him rest at least another day -- but with his bulldog-like tenacity it will be hard to hold him back.

He can't swing the bat, so right now he looks like a late inning defensive replacement at best

pate

I retract all the Bizzaro series talk, what Cards1! or is it Cards!1 qhixwcwe....

I hear talk about St. Luis comeback kings, let's see it!

Fair weather folks, I can't believe this is our time to bring out the brooms..

The Dodgers also hired Rays GM Andrew Freidman.

Two years ago they hired Bob Engle from the Mariners to be their international scout. They just keep adding great front office people.

pate

Wait a sec...

St Louis is playing San Francisco...  Cards vs Giants...

Kansas City is playing Baltimore...  Royals vs Orioles...

Somehow the Dogers sneak in?

Where are they from again?  Micronesia or somewhere?

Call me confused...

Edit: some one mentioned the Dodgers, or was it the Detroit Tigers?  Who knows?   Playoffs & WS are obviously not about 'bets Team' in baseball..  forgive my misspelling I hear this song in the background:

Eddy Grant - Electric Avenue - 1983

O, I dug a lot to find that...

Quote from: pate on October 15, 2014, 04:44:53 AM
  Playoffs & WS are obviously not about 'bets Team' in baseball..  forgive my misspelling I hear this song in the background:

Haha yeah. I'm not saying the Playoffs and WS are about Bud's love of building new stadiums and getting the public to foot the bill. Or TV deals coming up for renewal. Not saying any of that.

pate

I wouldn't say that the owners get every bit of Criket (sp) income that happens in the erd (3rd) or 4th innings of the playoffs...

That's just me.... here's a bad re-mix:

Madness-Our House

Tha's wha we git... I suppose.

My House Has Wheels

No subistitute fer tham dang dong orginals..... (all spelling in blamed on Aaron Spelling...)

Zoo

Well that sucked but still got a least one more game to make a comeback. Cardsnation!!1

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on October 15, 2014, 05:11:23 AM
Haha yeah. I'm not saying the Playoffs and WS are about Bud's love of building new stadiums and getting the public to foot the bill. Or TV deals coming up for renewal. Not saying any of that.

I agree with what you're not saying about Bud, because you can't possibly not be saying it about the Bud that everybody knows and loves.

[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]

[attachimg=3]

phrodo

Quote from: Zoo on October 15, 2014, 11:44:53 PM
Well that sucked but still got a least one more game to make a comeback. Cardsnation!!1

Cards better bring their A game Thursday ... because that's what they need and that's not what we've been seeing from them.

Zoo

Quote from: phrodo on October 16, 2014, 02:46:32 AM
Cards better bring their A game Thursday ... because that's what they need and that's not what we've been seeing from them.

Oh how I know this but Cardsnation has pulled of some weird crap before so why not this series... Cardsnation!!1

zeebo

Quote from: Zoo on October 16, 2014, 04:59:53 AM
Oh how I know this but Cardsnation has pulled of some weird crap before so why not this series... Cardsnation!!1

Sorry Zoo, I thought they might turn it around.  But they sure made it exciting anyway.

albrecht

I like national league but, this time, I might be swayed to for KC. I want a long series at least, and some good ball games. Sorry for all (1) etc but I've been out for a while.