• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

What a crazy year for baseball...

Started by pate, October 01, 2014, 04:09:40 PM

ShayP

Wow.  Not a fan of the Braves, but...

Major League Baseball has instituted a lifetime ban on former Braves general manager John Coppolella, according to an announcement from commissioner Rob Manfred.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017/11/mlb-announces-permanent-lifetime-ban-for-john-coppolella-braves-gm-rumors.html

ItsOver

I've lost track, Shay.  Did you have your McRib feast yet?

ShayP

Quote from: ItsOver on November 21, 2017, 06:12:34 PM
I've lost track, Shay.  Did you have your McRib feast yet?

Sadly no.  The McDonalds in my area advertises the sandwich yet doesn't have it...yet.  Apparently it's some kind of marketing thing where you have to find the McRib like those assholes that look for Pokeman and shit.  I am saddened by this.

ItsOver

Quote from: ShayP on November 21, 2017, 06:22:00 PM
Sadly no.  The McDonalds in my area advertises the sandwich yet doesn't have it...yet.  Apparently it's some kind of marketing thing where you have to find the McRib like those assholes that look for Pokeman and shit.  I am saddened by this.
Well that sucks.  I'm on the road and have been seeing non-stop "The McRib is back!" billboards.  Ronald!  Do NOT toy with our affections!  Otherwise, we'll send a real clown after your ass.

albrecht

Quote from: ShayP on November 21, 2017, 06:22:00 PM
I "get" that McD's is trying a marketing gimmick but are the American people really so dumb that they believe that there is some kind of shortage of, or logistical problem of, delivering mechanically restructured boneless pork patties shaped to look like a rib to fast food franchises?

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on November 21, 2017, 07:45:17 PM
I "get" that McD's is trying a marketing gimmick but are the American people really so dumb that they believe that there is some kind of shortage of, or logistical problem of, delivering mechanically restructured boneless pork patties shaped to look like a rib to fast food franchises?
Could be.

"A surprising 64 percent of Americans agreed with the classic Karl Marx statement that underpins Marxist philosophy: “From each according to his abilities, to each according to his needs."

http://thefederalist.com/2016/10/17/survey-finds-high-support-communism-among-millennials/

Just starting watching this episode of The Spycast on sign stealing = signals intelligence

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MIc2fW8Svk

albrecht

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on November 21, 2017, 07:55:35 PM
Just starting watching this episode of The Spycast on sign stealing = signals intelligence

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MIc2fW8Svk
Interesting stuff. Bryan Soderholm has the look of a overworked and paranoid CIA analyst or a mad professor working for hours on some great experiment. I like it!

Will there be an episode about other CIA-esque baseball goings-on? Like money/financial issues, smuggling Cuban players in, players families held for ransom, players and illegal drugs?

ShayP

Quote from: ItsOver on November 21, 2017, 06:58:06 PM
Well that sucks.  I'm on the road and have been seeing non-stop "The McRib is back!" billboards.  Ronald!  Do NOT toy with our affections!  Otherwise, we'll send a real clown after your ass.

LOL!!!!  True.  I've seen the billboards, etc.  There are displays encouraging people to download an app to find the McRib.  There's also a non-official site dedicated to people posting where they got one.  This sort of marketing ploy is annoying and off putting to say the least.  I think I will end my tradition post haste.   :'(

All good (or 'bad for you') things must come to an end.  ;)

ShayP

30 days until pitchers and catchers report!  8)

Quote from: ShayP on January 13, 2018, 08:40:52 AM
30 days until pitchers and catchers report!  8)

My question is whether Brue Maxwell will continue his protest during the flag ceremony regarding the interactions between police and black criminals now that he's been arrested and charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, and disorderly conduct.

Gd5150

Man the baseball season is long. By the time the World Series starts we’ll be in Trumps 2nd term.

Gd5150

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on January 13, 2018, 10:13:15 AM
My question is whether Brue Maxwell will continue his protest during the flag ceremony regarding the interactions between police and black criminals now that he's been arrested and charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, and disorderly conduct.

Baseball would be wise to stay out of politics. They need to stomp political speech on the diamond like Pete Rose rose runs over a catcher at home plate.

https://youtu.be/FtkU3apSMHw

Make no mistake though, the left has its eyes on baseball too. They must corrupt everything with their political ignorance.

Gd5150

Oh boy! This guy has been a favorite of SF fans for years. Amazing attitude and talent.

http://nyp.st/2B3ilTv

ShayP

Quote from: Gd5150 on January 15, 2018, 03:35:48 PM
Oh boy! This guy has been a favorite of SF fans for years. Amazing attitude and talent.

http://nyp.st/2B3ilTv

My favorite Bucco.  As a life long Pirates fan I'm not happy about this trade at all.  I'm fine with the Cole trade, but this is stupid.  The guy was the face of the franchise, his wife is from Pittsburgh, and he lives there off-season, and like you stated "amazing attitude and talent."  I'm just shaking my head at this deal.

GravitySucks

Quote from: ShayP on January 15, 2018, 03:44:10 PM
My favorite Bucco.  As a life long Pirates fan I'm not happy about this trade at all.  I'm fine with the Cole trade, but this is stupid.  The guy was the face of the franchise, his wife is from Pittsburgh, and he lives there off-season, and like you stated "amazing attitude and talent."  I'm just shaking my head at this deal.

I think the Astros gave up way too much to get Cole.

ShayP

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 15, 2018, 04:12:31 PM
I think the Astros gave up way too much to get Cole.

Perhaps, but they were deep and could afford to.  I like what the Buccos received.  One of the few fans that do.  This Cutch trade is trash though.

GravitySucks

Quote from: ShayP on January 15, 2018, 04:40:19 PM
Perhaps, but they were deep and could afford to.  I like what the Buccos received.  One of the few fans that do.  This Cutch trade is trash though.

The last game I saw there I got a Sean Casey bobblehead. Of course, it was the day after he was traded.

ShayP

:'( :'( :'(

From his Twitter...

"Pittsburgh. My Home. My Fans. My City. The placed that raised me and helped mold me into the man I am today. You will 4ever be in my heart. A tip of the cap to all who have been on this journey with me. With Love and respect,
Cutch"

ShayP

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 15, 2018, 05:04:54 PM
The last game I saw there I got a Sean Casey bobblehead. Of course, it was the day after he was traded.

Jeez.  Yeah and they got RHP-Brian Rogers in return.  Pitched all but 13 games over 2 years. 

ShayP

OH!  Now I find out the Pirates will pay “a portion” of McCutchen’s salary.  Total bullshit.  I hate the ownership and the GM can jump into a wood chipper.  >:(

Quote from: Gd5150 on January 15, 2018, 03:35:48 PM
Oh boy!...

If they can get Steph Curry to lead off and play CF they'll be all set

The Tigers are changing their home uniforms.     

Hate it.    >:(

Jackstar

... they still play this? The topic never shows up in my feed. What a world.

albrecht

"Nails" is killing his neighborhood! 

https://abc7ny.com/society/nj-residents-say-lenny-dykstra-is-destroying-their-neighborhood/5124101/
"Dykstra and his attorney have not responded to requests for comment."

pate

No big surprise, today was to be opening day for the Royals.

CANCELLED

Why not let them play in an empty stadium, people could watch/listen at home?  For morale and such.

Stupid.

-p