• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Why not sell C2C year by year on CD?

Started by henge0stone, September 06, 2014, 09:04:35 AM

henge0stone

I was just thinking about how awesome the Art Bell collection is and how all of these shows are almost nowhere, the only reason they exist is because a few souls were gracious enough to rip old tapes onto Mp3s. The shows must exist somewhere officially though, why not package and sell them? They would get a pretty penny for them (although maybe not since we all have the archives). It's just so strange to think of intangible radio shows are.

ksm32

Everybody finds a way to get them anyway, just like you did ;) That's why..

Wintermute

1. CD... too many shows to fit on one CD.
2. I haven't used a CD at home or in my Jeep in 5 years.
3. Most people under the age of 35 stream their media.
4. Most people 35-45 use MP3s on hard drive.

Times change. I was a "coast insider" years ago / pre-2008 I think. I got some Art shows on "CD" as a special gift. Still have them, but truth be told, the only time that disc hit a device was to rip to MP3. Otherwise it's in a drawer somewhere. since 2010, my vehicles have all had USB interfaces.

You are all to hung up on the CD aspect. I think the poster meant to say why not sell old Art shows. The archive is but a small fraction of the total shows that Premier has. they could sell them online as a mp3 or whatever.

jazmunda

Quote from: nooryisawesome on September 07, 2014, 11:23:45 PM
You are all to hung up on the CD aspect. I think the poster meant to say why not sell old Art shows. The archive is but a small fraction of the total shows that Premier has. they could sell them online as a mp3 or whatever.

They probably think there is no market for them. Perhaps there is no market for them. Just because a hand full of us would pay for them doesn't mean it is a worthwhile business venture for Premiere. People were bitching about having to pay a few dollars a month to hear Art. I doubt there would be a whole lot of people willing to spend a few dollars per show.

Quote from: jazmunda on September 07, 2014, 11:28:38 PM
They probably think there is no market for them. Perhaps there is no market for them. Just because a hand full of us would pay for them doesn't mean it is a worthwhile business venture for Premiere. People were bitching about having to pay a few dollars a month to hear Art. I doubt there would be a whole lot of people willing to spend a few dollars per show.

True but if they added it to insider or streamlink or whatever they call it, more people would probably sign up. I think they could make some money off of it. Those shows have to be somewhere, i wish we could get out hands on them.

jazmunda

Quote from: nooryisawesome on September 07, 2014, 11:30:40 PM
True but if they added it to insider or streamlink or whatever they call it, more people would probably sign up. I think they could make some money off of it. Those shows have to be somewhere, i wish we could get out hands on them.

My point is that 20 year old Art Bell shows might not be such a huge draw from Premiere's perspective. Just because we want it doesn't mean there is a market for it. They might also want to distance themselves from Art given the recent bad blood. I'm not sure why they are still running SIT. Perhaps they are still contractually obligated to. I don't know.

henge0stone

Another thing I was thinking about was the fact that we only have archived like maybe 50 % of his shows (I actually have no idea what the percent is). Since only Coast shows with guests or Ghost to Ghost were available for purchase the tons and tons of open line shows are just gone now. 

Wintermute

Why not sell "Old Art Shows"?

1. Limited market for that product.
2. Browse around on this site and you will see people swapping them for free.

I think the people that want them, all ready have them.

Gd5150

I could see Premier radio doing that. They'd do it $39.95/mo, and each month you'd receive 1 episode on 3 discs. If you sign up in the next 10min and tell a friend they'll throw in UFO Phil studio recordings, acoustic version, and outtakes. They could have a guy glueing his CDs to a screen door to make his boat float.

Premiere makes more money by slow-leaking the motherload to C2C insider and somewhere in time shows. The diehard Art fans will be on Premiere's hook for years

anybody else releases them and they get sued back to the stone age

scottydawg

It would be better if they sold them as digital downloads on iTunes & Amazon. That way you could burn them to a CD or Upload them to a thumbdrive or copy to a Micro SD card. I've pretty much have all the 90's and early 2000's Art shows on a 16gb thumbdrive.
And with the newer cars with the digital display for the radio, after plugging the thumbdrive in it, a list of all the shows by date and who the guest is appears.